Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More
Profile for Rayfer Jarndis > Reviews

Content by Rayfer Jarndis

Rayfer Jarndis (Lancs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Macbeth [DVD]
Macbeth [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Fassbender

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Macbeth [DVD] (DVD)
Fassbender was born to play Macbeth and is a perfect adaptation of the play.

Bravo to everyone involved.

Get Weird
Get Weird

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting better with each album, 9 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Get Weird (Audio CD)
5 star produced pop princesses!

Momentum [DVD]
Momentum [DVD]
Dvd ~ †Olga Kurylenko
Offered by The Happy Zombie

3.0 out of 5 stars The casting agent should be ashamed, 7 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Momentum [DVD] (DVD)
There really is some of the worst acting I've seen in a long time. A shame as Olga makes for a great heroine, just a pity she was surrounded by amateurs ( with the exception of Morgan Freeman, who hardly had to turn up for work.)
A sequel was intended but what director would want to follow a cringable film of this type?
This gets 3 stars for some decent action and Olga's involvment but otherwise is a joke.
PS the opening diamond heist is ridiculous. The costumes and acting are so comical. Begets belief!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Plus Deleted Scenes)
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Plus Deleted Scenes)
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars I sat in the cinema and became 7 years old again. Thankyou, 5 Feb. 2016
This is one of best. The prequels left a bitter taste, George Lucas was on a mission to use cgi as much as he could because of the restraints he had making a sci-fi movie back in the 70's/80's.

The original films are still being watched many times over because they didn't have the technology and so had to be more creative and organic.

JJ Abrams understands this and that is evident in 'the force awakens'. A fabulous mixture of old and new cinema making, a fantastic cast, Rey i thought is an inspired character. A cross between Han Solo and Luke Skywalker who seems to have a gift for the force that far out weighs anything we have seen before. Exciting stuff! She also has Han Solo's charm, one liners and Chewie to back her up. When she meets up and beats up Kylo Ren i had goosebumps.

Using unknown actors ( for the majority of us) makes it easier for us to watch Star Wars rather than, oh Samuel L Jackson will do anything to be in Star Wars or Ewan McGregor is moaning about green screens (rightfully so) again. Natalie Portman thought the prequels ruined her career. Unfortunate for them that they signed up for the prequels.

But I'm glad they did because this time round we just have genuinely excited actors making a name for themselves.

Okay, Oscar Isaac is there but he is hardly a household name. He is however a very talented actor, i guess not challenged particulary in a Star Wars movie but all the same an inspired addition.

Of all the characters Finn is probably the most original and it will be interesting to see what part he has to play in next films.

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren I feel gives the movie an extra dimension. He is no caricature villain. Adam Drivers performance gives very little away, adding to his elusiveness. He also has a look of an actor from the time period that the original trilogy was made, a nice touch i thought.

Yeah, I loved it. Was it original? No, not especially, did it break new ground? No.
Did it have Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Chewbacca in it? Yes!

Add it all altogether and you have a hugely entertaining piece of cinema which has made grown men and women cry with joy all over the world because it reminded them of being children again. On that I think this movie is unique and is a far more special thing than some script writer trying to be too clever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2016 10:59 AM GMT

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
Offered by Golden Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars I rarely use the word awesome but.., 30 Nov. 2015
Yeah, it is! I was gutted when this first came out with no xbox 360 release. Having enjoyed the first in this series so much I was pretty devastated.
But here it is, even better, can't imagine how the xbox one could make this look any better. It's that good. Rise of the Tomb Raider is awesome! Buy it!

Spilt Milk
Spilt Milk
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars does not do this amazing album justice, 21 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Spilt Milk (Audio CD)
Should have wrote this review years ago, So I will keep it short.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS EVER WRITTEN AND IT IS A CRIME JELLYFISH HAVE PAST US BY WITH NOT EVEN A RIPPLE!

Shame on the world.

FROOT
FROOT

5.0 out of 5 stars Marina is a Goddess!, 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: FROOT (Audio CD)
Just a quickie as i guess no one will read this as it took me so long to write it.
Marina is a class act. Hope she continues to write music. It would be a disaster for pop music if she does indeed decide not to.

This is one of my all time favourite albums! Marina is a goddess!

Lucy [DVD] [2014]
Lucy [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Scarlett Johansson

5.0 out of 5 stars Does God function at 10%?, 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Lucy [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
Did 'God' create the universe using only 10% of their brain capacity?

The answer is simple. No! If there is a God how could mankind possibly understand the concept of an intelligent being that can create everything.

We can't. If we used 100% of our brains capacity then as this film suggests we will also become 'God' like. Performing at a completely different level without the pit falls of human behaviour. To reproduce, self awareness, insecurity, power hunger, innocence, guilt, love, lust, sadness, physical pain, the list goes on. God has to be so far removed from human kind it is inconceivable.

'God' or 'Gods' create because they can. The end. After that, what happens is of no concern. People lose faith when a wonderful, kind hearted person dies suddenly or a child gets run down by a car. "There is no God! How could there be when he fails to help good people in their hour of need!" Well what I say to that is why would 'God' entertain a level of human emotion? They wouldn't.

The ending of this film and the response says it all. People say the ending lost them or was confusing, disappointing, ridiculous, etc..
We can't comprehend what 'God' is, we find it difficult to join Lucy on her final journey into the unknown because we function on 10%.

'God does not and is not human, does not contemplate the need for a church, footballers signing the cross as they walk onto the football pitch, which is better, Catholicism or protestant faiths. To 'God' its not even ridiculous its just human. Something which they are not.

Yes, I believe in more than a bang for sure. I also believe that what ever created existence can't function on the same level as us. I don't mean that they are wiser because that is a human trait not one that suits the creator.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 22, 2015 7:50 PM GMT

The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air [DVD]
The Legend of Korra - Book One: Air [DVD]
Dvd ~ Janet Varney

5.0 out of 5 stars Korra is legendary!, 7 Jan. 2015
I found the 'Legend of Korra' on xbox free trial knowing nothing about the series. I loved the design of the game instantly and couldn't stop playing however hard it is. (When you die you have to start from scratch....a bit annoying.) 8/10 review.

The animated sequences were obviously from a cartoon series so I decided to check it out. Boy am I glad I did!
I've never followed a cartoon series with such gorgeous art work, amazing fight sequences and witty dialogue.

The 4 seasons seem to break all the rules for a children's cartoon series, complex characters and plot, adult themes, love triangles, bisexuality, unpredictable story lines, oppression, politics, racism (okay, x-men covers racism, oppression and politics but not to this degree.)

Shame this series wasn't advertised well, otherwise I am sure there would have been more than four seasons made. But they are four fantastic seasons!

God Help the Girl [DVD]
God Help the Girl [DVD]
Dvd ~ Olly Alexander
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars God help the boy, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: God Help the Girl [DVD] (DVD)
The character played by Emily browning is 'that' girl that you fell in love with. The girl that turned your world upside down and spat you out. An enigma, someone with whom trying to have a relationship with was always going to be a futile, heart breaking exercise. This film charts a moment, a summer when this person enters the life of a young man who falls for her beauty, talent, enigmatic persona, a summer filled with hope, promise and music. The musical interludes are fabulous, refreshing and hard to resist. I loved the music, not my usual fair but very well written and complementary to the story.

In my case the girl came back and we are married with children. Yes, I consider myself very lucky.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4