Profile for Total normal > Reviews

Content by Total normal

Total normal

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap brand, 4 May 2012
I know quite a bit about dermarollers has I have been treated with dermarolling at Hammersmith Hospital in London for acne scars, for two years. I have then followed with the procedure at home for another two years.

This is the worst dermaroller (1.5mm) I have ever laid my hands on.

It would not even withstand ONE single session. By the end of the session the needles would not pincture the skin anymore and some of them were already warped. I had to finish the session with another old dermaroller, from another manufacturer, that was still performing better even after 4 sessions.

I could notice the cheapness right away as the plastic was flimsy and made a cheap squeeking sound as I rolled...

Dont waste your money on this,go for Avanto or other trusted manufacturers that sell for the same price.

The Best American Comics
The Best American Comics
by Alison Bechdel

5.0 out of 5 stars Back on the right track, 7 Dec. 2011
I have been a follower of BAC since the beginning.
I have always loved them, not only do they provide a good sampler of what is going on in the graphic fiction spheres, they also provide an access to stuff you would otherwise never think of reading.

Last year's BAC was a big disappointment though : too much excerpts from long stories (and not clever excerps either - they just seemed randomly cut, too much well known artists, and from mainstream books you actually had a good chance of owning already.

This year they are back with the same editorial flair we have grown to love; and while there are still some excerpts, they seem to stand on their own and owe are not left off frustrated.

Perhaps, in my case, I was at first a little disappointed to not see some of the recurent artist from previous years, but in the end I found that to be a good thing as I was introduced to a lot of artists I had not heard of anywhere before. Maybe my only beef is the Joe Sacco excepts is too long... all that space could have been filled with less mainstream short stories.

Of course Chris Ware is still there, but the chosen piece is surprisingly atypical and very interesting in its non-linear narrative and "non-ware" graphics... a very wise choice by guest editor Alison Bechdel.

All and all it's pretty good, and while the 2008 BAC remains my favorite, it's nice to see them back on the right track.