Profile for Cooky Monster > Reviews

Content by Cooky Monster

Cooky Monster (South West Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Elho Neptunus 2191701442500 Watering Can 1.5 L Anthracite
Elho Neptunus 2191701442500 Watering Can 1.5 L Anthracite

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality for Elho, 16 July 2016
This watering can is not to the same standard as other Elho product, overpriced for what it is, I thought the quality would have been better. Disappointed.

Lakeland Stainless Steel 1 Litre Teapot with Cool Touch Handle
Lakeland Stainless Steel 1 Litre Teapot with Cool Touch Handle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teapot, 18 Jun. 2016
Lovely teapot. And the base is the right size to put on my tea light pot warmer. Dishwasher safe, can't lose the lid as it is hinged, handle stays cool and doesn't dribble when I pour.

A bit expensive but well worth it

Merrell All Out Blaze Sieve, Men's Low Rise Hiking, Multicolor (Light Brown), 9.5 UK (44 EU)
Offered by Outdoorkit Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars UK size seems incorrect, 11 Jun. 2016
The first pair of these I ordered were huge, I think it is because the UK sizing on Amazon and on the Merrill box is incorrect, it states US 11 = UK 10.5. in the past I have bought Merrell walking boots and a size 10 (US) is the same as about an 8.5. I replaced the 10.5 for a 9.5 and although a little big, (a 9 would have been perfect), putting insoles in really helped. So for a rule of thumb (or toe) US sizes are 1.5 size smaller than UK not as the box indicates .5 of a size.

The 9.5 I have just received are so comfortable I don't want to take them off.

Kitchen Craft Round 35cm Metal Mesh Food Cover
Kitchen Craft Round 35cm Metal Mesh Food Cover
Offered by BuySend

2.0 out of 5 stars Arrived dented and holes allow fruit flies in, 8 Jun. 2016
I purchased this food cover through the Cookshop, a marketplace seller. It arrived wrapped in a bin liner with Fragile tape all over it, consequently it was severely dented. I was going to send it back but managed to smooth the dents out.

The cover was purchased to put over ripening nectarines, however as the holes in the mesh are quite large fruit flies can get in, so pretty pointless for this purpose, I have now put tea towels over the cover.

Bodum Bistro Bread Box with Bamboo Cutting Board - Black
Bodum Bistro Bread Box with Bamboo Cutting Board - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Lid warped, returned 2 for this reason, 1 Jun. 2016
This is second Bodum Bistro Bead Box I have not had to send back to Amazon. Each time the lid, has warped and will not fit on the bin. It is a shame as it looks lovely and the fact it has a vent at the side keeps the bread fresh. I haven't used the lid as a cutting board as I had already purchased a really good board for cutting homemade bread.

I am not sure why the lid(s) warped but really not satisfactory. Shame I really liked it

Buddha Bar 18
Buddha Bar 18
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've never bought any Buddha Bar buy this, 22 May 2016
This review is from: Buddha Bar 18 (Audio CD)
I have bought every Buddha Bar, there have been a couple of turkeys but generally all very good, especially the early stuff.

This is the best Buddha Bar, it is back to the old format of the first CD more mellow (dinner) and the second more clubby (drink).

It is a joint venture by Sam Popat and Ravin.

I cannot rave highly enough about it and I've only listened to it once so far.

BUY IT!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2016 1:20 PM BST

Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans 1kg
Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans 1kg

5.0 out of 5 stars PureGusto are great coffee bean suppliers, 7 May 2016
I bought 3 bags of these lovely beans from PureGusto. Great service a good quality product at an excellent price.

Offered by Berkey Water Systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 May 2016
This company were most helpful in advising me on the correct size of stand for my "Stainless Steel Gravity Water Purifier with Super Sterasyl Filters - UK ONLY". As it elevates the Water filter (7 inches) it is enough to get a glass underneath.

Great buy and would recommend this stand for Berkefield Doulton Water purifier or the Big Berkey.

Stainless Steel Gravity Water Purifier with Super Sterasyl Filters - UK ONLY
Stainless Steel Gravity Water Purifier with Super Sterasyl Filters - UK ONLY
Offered by Finerfilters Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic water but now this unit only has 2 holes, 4 May 2016
I decided to buy this water filter system having read all the reviews and yes the water tastes wonderful.

I found out thanks to helpful purchasers that this is a Doulton Berkfield and not a Berkey, which is an American company making a similar product. This is the British version and comes with 2 ceramic candle filters, which filter pretty much everything except fluoride and heavy metals, as I live in Wales apparently the water does not have added fluoride, whoever according to a local plumber they may be traces of aluminum in the water, henceforth I have ordered two heavy metal candles but may only put one in along the the two original candles.

I am not sure how long the candles will last but every so often they will need to be taken out and cleaned with a washing up brush and hot water.

As I didn't fancy having a plastic tap to contaminate the water I have sent off for a stainless steel version (16mm) which should fit.

I tried to purchase a stand which would fit and the seller "Osmio" was very helpful in buying the right size for this system, they told me it is the equivalent to the "big Birkey" and to buy the medium stand, which is perfect. (Berkey Stainless Steel Wire Stand with Rubberized Non-skid Feet for Big Berkey and Other Medium Sized Gravity Fed Water Filters by Berkey)

UPDATE 18 MONTHS LATER
I decided to buy the same for my daughter and paid extra for expedited and it came today. Unfortunately this unit only had 2 holes drilled (mine had 4 holes and 2 were plugged). This 2 hole version is useless as she wants to filter bacteria, chlorine, heavy metals and fluoride. I contacted the company and they said they now only offer 2 holes in this version. Got to get it returned and try and find the 4 hole one.

THE COMPANY SHOULD STATE HOW MANY HOLES THE UNIT HAS (or am I missing this new information?)

Options White Choc 220 g (pack of 6)
Options White Choc 220 g (pack of 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars New ingredient leaves a nasty after taste, 25 April 2016
They have very recently changed one ingredient in this white chocolate and so far the Belgium chocolate, instead of whey powder they have substituted Milk permeate powder which makes it taste different and not a very pleasant after taste.

I won't be buying any Options again, probably a good idea as it is probably not very healthy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20