Profile for Lanoir > Reviews

Content by Lanoir

Lanoir "Lanoir" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction
LEGO City 7281: Curve & T-Junction

3.0 out of 5 stars expensive as two squares not enough to make a decent road - need about 4 packs....., 4 Nov. 2015
my son loves these but it does feel like Lego are ripping us off for two small squares of plastic. to make any decent road you need at least four packs.
The one positive is that Lego is generally quite durable and my kids are playing with pieces I had many years ago - so definitely buy with a plan to hang on to it....

Crocs Crocband Unisex Child Sandals - Purple (Dahlia/Aqua), 1 UK
Crocs Crocband Unisex Child Sandals - Purple (Dahlia/Aqua), 1 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars value lightweight sandals lasted alll summer and still being worn through autumn. fantatsivc for splashing in fountain, 4 Nov. 2015
great value lightweight sandals for summer

NOPI: The Cookbook
NOPI: The Cookbook
by Yotam Ottolenghi

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful photography and great price for this new, 4 Nov. 2015
This review is from: NOPI: The Cookbook (Hardcover)
bought as a gift. beautiful photography and great price for this new classic

Picturepedia
Picturepedia
by DK

4.0 out of 5 stars beautifully illustrated source of facts for the knowledge quenching of busy 6-8 year olds, 30 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Picturepedia (Hardcover)
Another DK picture book covering a wide spectrum of topics which as always is beautifully designed and illustrated.
I did wonder if we needed another generic encyclopaedia but my son is at the age where he loves reading factual books and even if he picks up a few facts from this whilst reading, I think it is a useful addition to our ever expanding library. 4 stars as not certain it is a must have book as overlaps with so many others...........

Philips Lumea SC2007/00 IPL Cordless Hair Removal Device on Body and Face
Philips Lumea SC2007/00 IPL Cordless Hair Removal Device on Body and Face

4.0 out of 5 stars there is always some tedious regrowth but it is certainly getting less and less ..., 13 July 2015
My second Lumea, bought for the bigger 4cm attachment and because my first one is already two and a half years old and got damaged.
So far, the new Lumea seems to work well as the previous one but with the addition of three "windows" for treating different areas. My previous model was not for use on the fae so I look forward to telling you whether the facial attachment delivers results.As in the small print, this does not give permanent hair removal, there is always some tedious regrowth but it is certainly getting less and less and I really think this is worth the time, effort and money as a long term strategy for hair removal. I have had laser in expensive salons but that too was impermanent. At least this works out far cheaper and over time regrowth does get less and less. It is also worth remembering that this product does not require the messy application of gel which means you can do a little bit of treatment when you have a few minutes without the inconvenience of needing to shower to get rid of the sticky gel.
I have still only given the product 4 stars as it is not truly a huge improvement on previous models in terms of the treatment dose it emits and the semi-permanent nature of the results but let's hope Philips continue with their R+D to make permanent hair removal possible.
Obviously it is too early to rate this product on performance over the previous model so I will update this review in due course.

Nutshell Library (Caldecott Collection)
Nutshell Library (Caldecott Collection)
by Maurice Sendak

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless stories with learn by heart rhyming and nostalgic Sendak illustartions in a perfect gift sized package to delight all, 27 Mar. 2015
Classics from childhood still available in original nostalgic format.
Pierre still remain one of my favourite characters and the Sendak illustrations are timeless.
Great gift for 5-7 year olds
Every home should have a set.

Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore
Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore
by Robin Sloan

5.0 out of 5 stars My Book of the year 2014. Harry Potter meets Google meets Sherlock - for 2015 grown-ups with an interest in typeface/fonts, 27 Mar. 2015
My Book of the year 2014.
Not sure why it hasn't received more publicity. I couldn't put it down.
Fabulous intertwining of historical fiction (History of fonts and typefaces) with modern day life working at Google and Sherlock style deduction amid a semi-occult hidden tribe.
Great characters.
Please write more Mr Sloan!

10 Pack GU10 4W LED Beautiful Warm White Colour 40w Replacement for Halogen bulb with New Chip Technology with 2 Year Warranty 2700k

1.0 out of 5 stars 14/20 failed in less than a year - will not buy again, 27 Mar. 2015
seemed great initially though not as bright as equivalent Megaman bulbs.
slowly most of them either started flickering or failed. I bought twenty and have already got them to replace 14 under guarantee (which they did).
Certainly not worth the trouble. worth paying more for a reliable brand.

Addictaball Large Maze 1 Puzzle Game
Addictaball Large Maze 1 Puzzle Game

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT a hit in our household. currently collecting dust, 4 Mar. 2015
this is surprisingly hard to do and the numbering is very hard to read. My 5 year old showed no interest it in it and my 7 year old got bored after a few minutes. A whole bunch of adults have given it a try but none of them could be bothered after less than 5 minutes. Strange as generally we like puzzles and other kinetic toys.

Dreamland Intelliheat Heat Pad
Dreamland Intelliheat Heat Pad
Offered by Co-op Electrical

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 hr safety cut off gives peace of mind . good subsitute for a hot water bottle, 4 Mar. 2015
Bought to replace a previous Dreamland hot "pad" that stopped working after 8+ years of good service.
This is definitely an improvement. Nice controls and the auto cut out after 2 hours is a very valuable feature.
Also useful to remove cable from the pad when it gets tangled around my bedside table and also to prevent kids turning it on during the day.
Heats up very fast.
soft texture. warms up my bed. I use it instead of a hot water bottle.
Only thing I would change is that the controls are quite noisy so when I turn it off at night, it disturbs my husband ---- not really a big deal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15