Profile for Karina > Reviews

Content by Karina

Karina "Karina" (West Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Tigi Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery Conditioner 200ml
Tigi Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery Conditioner 200ml
Offered by Evelyn and Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Good conditioner for dry hair, 11 July 2016
Really lovely conditioner. Very good for hair especially when on holiday.

Nu U Turmeric Curcumin 500mg, 365 Capsules (1 Year Supply)
Nu U Turmeric Curcumin 500mg, 365 Capsules (1 Year Supply)
Offered by Nu U Nutrition

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 July 2016
Great product. The smell is pure tumeric when you open the container which I found very reassuring. Whether turmeric will help me or not I don't know but as for the quality I eel that this is very high

Dog Toy, Mudder Classic Pet Dog Toy Ball Chew Toys Food (Red)
Dog Toy, Mudder Classic Pet Dog Toy Ball Chew Toys Food (Red)
Offered by Shopready Elite

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, 22 Nov. 2015
This is a fantastic ball! My dog (Border Collie) chews and chews her toys as is very active. Hasn't destroyed this one yet and had it for a few weeks.

Splendor
Splendor

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but need some harder challenges!, 6 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Splendor (App)
Just like the board game but with some additional challenges. The challenges could be harder though. Most I did first time which was a bit disappointing. Hopefully they will release some actual challenges soon!

Go Game - Fantastic Board Game of Strategy
Go Game - Fantastic Board Game of Strategy

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good board., 24 July 2014
Really good board. I love the way the side panels slide out and tuck away neatly inside the main board. It is nice and compact yet big enough for a good game. I have no problem with the plastic disks. They are all made to a high standard and feel just fine. The game is great too but probably worth looking up some rules :)

Mancala - Luxury Mancala Board 18" - Jaques of London
Mancala - Luxury Mancala Board 18" - Jaques of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solid board., 24 July 2014
Great solid board, really well finished. Lovely marbles and a great fun game. Decent price for what it is as well.

New Blood: The Zaroi Chronicles
New Blood: The Zaroi Chronicles

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved New Blood, first book of the Zaroi Chronicles, 24 July 2014
I loved New Blood, first book of the Zaroi Chronicles. Ok I must admit when I first saw it I was a little skeptical, but from page one I felt I was in the hands of a professional writer. The characters have stayed with me, as have the great settings. I love Violet and her relationship with her mum and the hot love/hate relationship with Devon. This is a really great Teen Romance/Fantasy book; will be definitely keeping an eye out for the next installment. Good job Miss Pidgeon.

The Twins
The Twins
by Saskia Sarginson

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable read, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Twins (Paperback)
I really like this book. The characters are interesting and the story gripping. It unfolds in a slow way yet with enough detail that it never gets frustrating. The imagery of the book is rich and dense and very immersive. Overall I would recommend this book if you are not looking for a literary read but yet something well written and, for me anyway, deeply enjoyable. One of the better Richard and Judy picks definitely and considering the price, get it :)

Cosmic Encounter
Cosmic Encounter
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a good game!, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Cosmic Encounter (Toy)
This is a really fun group game with some medium strategy involved. The gaming website Rock Paper Shotgun (RPS) love this game and I can see why. It is enjoyable and very repeatable. You each play an alien race which have special abilities. There are many to choose from and the game gives you a random selection of two to choose from at the start of each game thereby giving each game a different feel. I think this is a really good idea. The aim of the game is to establish five colonies on each others planets other than your own (of which you all have five each). To do so you have encounters each round and varying cards to play during those. How you choose to play your cards will win you the game (or loose it if you choose badly!) I won't say too much about it as it will already be covered and if not I highly recommend checking out a youtube tutorial/ game play review, actually I recommend you do that before you buy any game anyway to get a better feel for it. But what is good about this game is that it is easy to set up and easy to teach people and play for many different abilities. It's not specifically for children but older ones would be able to grasp it, how well they are at choosing and playing the cards in their hand depends on each individual child, but I recommend teenage upwards for a game where all the players are on an even enough footing. A really good solid game.

Philips Ladyshave HP6366/00 Sensitive 3-in-1 Skin Protection System with Pivoting Head
Offered by BestBuyUk

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job well, 14 July 2013
I've not found a better shaver that is wireless and rechargeable. I did not want a battery one as in my experience they run out so quickly. The head on this shaver is slightly flexible which is good for going around the knee and ankle areas. It isn't good for the bikini line or other smaller areas, but for larger areas, such as legs, it is fine. Sometimes you need to go over a couple of times as with all electric shavers so be aware of that.

Your choice maybe whether first you should even go with an electric shaver as opposed to normal razors. So just a few notes on that: Benefits are the electric ones avoids a shaving rash. Big one for me as I have PCOS and very sensitive skin. This doesn't hurt at all in comparison to the wreck my legs looked like after ordinary razor use. Cons are takes a little longer than shaving. Having said that however (and this will also count as a pro) there is no need for a shower and no need for shaving cream so in that sense it is quick and easy and as I've mentioned your skin does feel smooth and non rashy afterwards. The other downside with electric shavers in general is that you can get a few escaped hairs and so you do need good lighting conditions to catch them all and be aware you will not be able to shave just stubble. But Leg hair grows back quick so what the heck.

Back to this one in particular. This shaver is one of three I've tried. One was not rechargeable and in my personal opinion avoid them like the plague as they last a few shaves and then the batteries need to be changed (however this may be again a PCOS issue as shaving is a little longer). The other had a fixed head which just didn't do the job. This one is by far the best one I've had. It is good for sensitive skin but doesn't detract in anyway from getting a close shave. However, large areas are where it is best, under the arms not so much (but no electric shaver I've used is good here and this is better than those at it) so I just have a few disposable razors (pack of ten or more for a pound or less from Asda/ Tesco will do the job) and some foam handy for those times.

Page: 1 | 2