Profile for therealmoss > Reviews

therealmoss

Beeline (Hot Coal Red)
Beeline (Hot Coal Red)
Offered by Beeline UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cycling in London, works brilliantly, 10 April 2017
I absolutely love my Beeline - I originally backed on Kickstarter and have been enjoying using it for the last couple of months.

Beeline works as a smart compass, so you set your destination and simply follow the arrow. It sounds almost too simple and I was sceptical at first as to how well it would work, but in practise it's really brilliant and so much better than my Garmin or Google maps for heading somewhere new on my bike.

I've also stumbled across some really great places I would have never found if sticking to the usual sat nav routes.

The app works great on my iPhone 6s and has some really useful features such as letting you add waypoints to your route, which is handy for crossing rivers or just having a little more control over the route you want to take. You can also view all your previous journeys and see how your actual route compared to the Beeline arrow. Updates to the app seem to be happening pretty regularly so I'm looking forward to seeing what features are in the pipeline - being able to pick from preset routes other users have made would be pretty cool!

The product itself is beautifully designed and made. The red colour looks great with my bike and I love how easy it is just to pop on and off the handlebars. The rubber casing seems to do a great job of protecting it, and when you close it up it protects the screen, so you can chuck it in a bag or a pocket without worrying about it.

The display in particular is excellent and very easy to read even under direct sunlight. I love that it shows me just enough information and not too much.

Definitely a great tool for cyclists!

AUKEY Bluetooth Receiver, Audio Receiver Car Kit with Hands Free Calling for Home & Car Audio System (BR-C2)
Offered by yueying

5.0 out of 5 stars Insane value for money, good sound through headphones, 25 Sept. 2016
For £6 you really can't go wrong. I'm using this to drive a pair of headphones - really pleasantly surprised with how good it sounds and how loud it gets. Battery seems to last a reasonable length of time, pairing was easy and doesn't seem to have any weird problems. There is some slight electronic interference noise, but I've experienced this on pairs of Bluetooth headphones before and it isn't really an issue once music is playing. It even comes with all the cables you might need in the box.

Build quality is solid, and control buttons work as they should.

Only thing I would like added is a clip so you could clip it to your shirt / pocket.

HG Mould Spray
HG Mould Spray
Offered by Home and Hardware Shop Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Super strong, really works and very easy to use., 18 Jan. 2015
This review is from: HG Mould Spray (DIY & Tools)
This stuff is absolutely awesome. I live in a 1960s era towerblock with dreadful ventilation, so I have real issues with thick, black mould forming on exterior walls. This stuff cleared it completely, and quickly. It was extremely impressed and the walls now look freshly painted. Very impressed!

I used it without gloves, a mask etc and didn't die, but I would recommend that you do use those as it is seriously strong and gave me a pretty funky head. You need to get rooms that you use it in nicely ventilated as it really is very strong stuff.

Will use again though when the walls inevitably get covered in mould again next winter!

Sidgwick Coffee (Ethiopian Yirgecheffe) 200g
Sidgwick Coffee (Ethiopian Yirgecheffe) 200g

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, delicate and fragrant, 18 Oct. 2014
I've been really impressed with the coffee I've had from Cambridge Coffee Co. so far, and this Yirgecheffe is my favourite, with incredible blueberry notes that make for a really fragrant cup. The grind is best suited to a cafetiere, but it works well as an Aeropress. A perfect after-dinner coffee.

Really promising to see this new roaster putting out some really beautiful coffee than makes for effortlessly delicious home brewing!

Postage was fast and arrived in good time.

Genuine Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 Back Cover Titanium Gray Replace New
Genuine Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 Back Cover Titanium Gray Replace New

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not genuine, but amazingly good value., 16 July 2014
So, first things first, this is definitely not genuine. It has all the tell-tale signs of a Chinese knockoff; some rough edges, some flashing left over from the moulding, the black sticker over the top of the Samsung logo, even the type of cellophane bag it comes in. I've seen it many times on products like this. It also doesn't have the same super-glossy feel of the original cover, and fingerprints much more easily.

Putting things into perspective though, it cost me £3.20, delivered to my door, looks almost identical and is perfectly adequate. I only bought it so I could sell the phone with a nice fresh looking back cover anyway so it doesn't really bother me a great deal.

So, not bad for the cost, but I just wish sellers wouldn't feel the need to lie and say that it's genuine when it isn't; embrace the fact that it's an extremely impressive copy for very little money!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good looking, cheap, build quality is a mixed bag., 12 Jan. 2014
An impressive clone of Apple's external optical disk drive, albeit with a plastic top case and altogether less solid feel. However, it looks the part and is significantly nicer than most other optical drive enclosures available. Purchased to house the optical drive from my MacBook Pro, since I replaced it with a caddy to allow me to have a second hard disk to augment an SSD.

Everything fitted fine, but I found that I couldn't eject disks. They were pushing against the bottom of the disk slot, because the drive was actually hanging down at the front, so the slot wasn't lining up correctly. I found that the solution to this was to simply put some cotton pads underneath the drive inside the enclosure to ensure that it was pushed up into position, thereby fixing the problem. The metal bottom base casing simply pushes and clips into the top piece; this makes for a nice clean appearance, but by using some screws to secure the drive inside, this problem would be avoided.

Not the best experience, but for this price you can't complain too much. Hopefully this fix is helpful for those who also attempt to fit the same drive type in this enclosure. In terms of actual operation it works perfectly, so overall I'm happy.

The Timeless Racer: Machines of a Time Traveling Speed Junkie
The Timeless Racer: Machines of a Time Traveling Speed Junkie
by Daniel Simon

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly produced, amazing attention to detail, so exciting!, 6 Dec. 2013
Just received this book today; after being hotly anticipated by myself and a number of my friends who are also car designers, this absolutely does not disappoint. Daniel Simon's work has, over the years, deservedly gained a reputation for being stunningly well resolved and a fantastic source of conceptual inspiration. After a number of delays and a lot of waiting, thankfully this book absolutely lives up to that reputation!

The size of the book makes it such a joy to look through and really drink in the details and colours. The back story that has been carefully created is highly compelling and really draws you into the "Timeless Racer" universe. Some of the full page spreads are absolutely stunning and are true pieces of art, celebrating and communicating the rush and raw excitement that motor racing has whilst also pointing to what the future might have in store. A genuinely cinematic experience in printed form.

Even if you have just a passing interest in cars or motor racing, I can't see how you couldn't be excited by this book and want to keep coming back to it.

The best stories are the ones that make you wish that they were real; "Timeless Racer" absolutely achieves this and I can't wait for future instalments.

TRIXES Black 5 Metre VGA Monitor Lead for Laptop HD LCD TFT TV Cable Male to Male
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 3 July 2012
Really good quality cable for the price, decent length and nice thick shielding. Have had no problems at all and holds up to being packed away regularly.

Philips PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-To-Cassette Adapter
Philips PH-62050 CD/MP3/MD-To-Cassette Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as you'll get from a casette adapter!, 3 July 2012
I've been impressed with this product so far; the sound quality is the best I've had from a cassette adapter, and it seems to be reasonably well built. One particularly nice feature is the two large screws at the top of the tape assembly that make it really easy to move the location of the cable exit.

I've had cheap no-name adapters before and they've usually required numerous repairs due to weak solder joints. No such problems with this item, and very reasonably priced!

Myst III: Exile (Xbox)
Myst III: Exile (Xbox)
Offered by Tracymuk

1.0 out of 5 stars probably great on the PC but not on Xbox, 31 July 2005
The mouse-style controls just do not translate onto the xbox at all. This is a move n click game for people who have nothing to do for about 10 years, not teenagers like me who just want quick thrills before homework and revision. Not recommended.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 21, 2014 3:08 PM BST