Profile for Denis Potter > Reviews

Content by Denis Potter

Denis Potter

12V 1.3Ah Battery for Dewalt DE9071 DE9074 DE9075 DW9072 DW9074 A9252 A9266 A9275 PS130 EZWA49 EZWA60 EZWA61 Original Kenley
Offered by Smart Parts UK, Digital Lifestyle Retailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 6 Jun. 2015
Just the job. Delivered next day. Fantastic.

Spoofy
Spoofy
by Anthony Holt

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoofy Rules!, 20 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Spoofy (Paperback)
Spoofy is a delightful tale of a dog who ensures that the world runs in a way that supports the manner to which he has become accustomed. It was Spoofy who adopted people not the other way round. In his case he had adopted an Australian naval helicopter pilot and his family but they were then posted for two years to the United Kingdom. Quite coincidentally, a Royal Navy helicopter pilot was posted to Australia, so it was obvious that Spoofy would adopt him and his family. The book describes their lives during the two years of this posting and fills in the details of Spoofy's earlier life and subsequently. There are hilarious tales of the scrapes into which the author and his family were led. This is a can't-put-it-down story.

Microsoft  Autoroute Europe 2010 (PC DVD)
Microsoft Autoroute Europe 2010 (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Autoroute 2010, 22 July 2011
Having upgraded to a Windows 7 64-bit computer my old route planning package wouldn't instal so I decided to buy this. Unlike some other people, I had no problem with its installation, so was pleased with this. I have yet to get to grips with what I consider to be its idiosyncracies (or perhaps it's because I am not familiar with its developers' mindset) but I have managed to plan a number of familiar routes and have discovered that it differs in results from what have been well-established fastest routes from previous packages and experience, so I have learned to check the times for alternative routes and have discovered that they aren't very different. This has led me to one new route that was a great success but many for which I have stuck with my old favourites. A bit of a mixed bag, really.

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Table Cloth Clips- card of four
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel Table Cloth Clips- card of four

5.0 out of 5 stars Table cloth clips, 22 July 2011
I bought two cards each of four table cloth clips. So I had two clips per side and they worked perfectly on a day which had its fair share of breeze (and of shower too). Completely delighted.

Canon CanoScan LiDE 110 Scanner
Canon CanoScan LiDE 110 Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Canoscan LiDE110 scanner, 18 Mar. 2011
I ordered this item to replace my LiDE50 which would not run with my new 64-bit Windows 7 computer (no driver available). It was delivered ahead of promise. It installed easily and performs perfectly. What could make me happier?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 1, 2012 8:37 PM GMT

Where The Hell Have You Been?
Where The Hell Have You Been?
by Tom Carver

5.0 out of 5 stars Where the Hell Have you Been?, 9 Sept. 2010
I couldn't put it down. A thoroughly engaging story of a man captured during the desert campaign of WWII, his incarceration by the Italians and his trek down through Italy after the Italian surrender until he reached the allied lines. Coincidentally, he was Montgomery's stepson. It also describes how the Italian peasants helped him and other allied "escapees" in spite of strong and brutal German forces. Especially poignant when describing his and his helpers' efforts to make contact long after the end of the war.

Wallace & Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death [DVD]
Wallace & Gromit - A Matter of Loaf and Death [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nick Park
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A matter of loaf and death, 5 Jan. 2010
Very quick delivery in time to give it to my sister for Christmas. She loved it.

White Christmas [DVD]
White Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bing Crosby
Offered by TwoRedSevens

4.0 out of 5 stars White Christmas, 5 Jan. 2010
This review is from: White Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Delivered just in time for Christmas (not white in our case) so I could give it to my sister who loved it.

Bosch Replacement Blade for AXT Rapid 2000/2200
Bosch Replacement Blade for AXT Rapid 2000/2200

5.0 out of 5 stars Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 garden shredder blades, 20 April 2009
A very sharp product. Just what I needed. Delivered almost before I had ordered it. Still going strong.