Profile for alice > Reviews

alice

Briottet Crème de Figue Liqueurs, 70 cl
Briottet Crème de Figue Liqueurs, 70 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Feb. 2015
Wonderfully flavoursome end to a meal with either cheese or pudding

Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)
Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars its OK, 16 Nov. 2013
reading the book - Bridget didn't seem the same character that we have grown to know and love. Although I enjoyed the book, the humour didn't flow as in the previous two books. Obviously her life had taken some twists and turns so maybe that was conveyed in the writing.

Me Before You
Me Before You
by Jojo Moyes

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Me Before You (Paperback)
even got my 'work' daughter to read it and she doesn't read at all.
A very easy an inspiring book.

Simon Hopkinson Cooks
Simon Hopkinson Cooks
by Simon Hopkinson

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed TV series .., 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Simon Hopkinson Cooks (Hardcover)
really enjoyed the TV series. Very much like the way it is set out in menu's as it makes life very easy. I have already made one whole menu and cocktail - which went down very well with guests
Would have liked some tips on parts that you can cook ahead as some of the recipes are quite time intensive (that maybe because I am not a very efficient cook)

If You Wait
If You Wait

5.0 out of 5 stars perfectly beautiful, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
I never write reviews - but just had to on this occasion
melodic, emotional, completely beautiful musically. I have a waited a long time for this album and I am certainly not disapointed. The extra tracks on the deluxe are well worth the small amount extra. I havent really got a favourite but if I had to choose it would be Sights, Help, Nightfall and Hey Now and Wasting My young years - oh dear couldnt just pick one.
For a debut Album this has got to be one of the best for ages and spans all age groups -
Whoever writes the tunes and arranges the music - well done - if I could give it ten stars I would. Singing outstanding as well. The whole package ... perfect.