Profile for aleman > Reviews

Content by aleman

aleman "dates26" (S. Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
5L Pressure King Pro Inner Pot (As Seen on High Street TV)
5L Pressure King Pro Inner Pot (As Seen on High Street TV)

4.0 out of 5 stars 5litre inner pot for a Pressure King Pro, 7 May 2017
I had reservations because another reviewer said it didn't fit, but his/her claims was groundless. My inner pot fits! That is all I can say about it at the moment as I bought it for a spare and haven't used it yet. When I use it is open to conjecture, I don't know! I've given it 4 stars because I haven't used it.

BestDealUK 5-Point Pentalobe Screwdriver For Macbook Air Pro
BestDealUK 5-Point Pentalobe Screwdriver For Macbook Air Pro
Offered by ETRADER DIRECT LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a 'needle point' not a screwdriver, 8 Sept. 2014
A complete failure, it doesn't fit the screwheads on my macbook pro. If I used it, it will ruin the screws, so... thanks, but no thanks! I shall not be using it. I don't know why I thought it would work for £1.90! I'll have to buy a quality 'driver. I have to give it a rating of 1 star, which it does not deserve, because the review will not submit otherwise.

Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised 24 cm Frying Pan - Black
Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised 24 cm Frying Pan - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, buy a cheap one., 7 Aug. 2014
I just received this frying pan this morning... what a disappointment! I am always accused of treating my pans like babies. Therefore, as is usual for me, I wiped the new pan out with a damp cloth, put a thin layer of olive oil on the surface of it and placed it on the electric hob. I heated it up on the 3rd notch of the ring for about 5 minutes and let it cool down naturally. I thought that this would be good to prolong its non-stick surface, it didn't help at all. An hour or so later, I cooked an omelette with chopped bacon and onion in it, and this pan is useless! I HATE putting my frying pans in water, so I just wipe them out with kitchen paper and a sprinkle of olive oil if it needs it, but this pan will not come clean. There is already a black discoloured bit that will not wipe out in the centre of the pan, which means I will have to immerse a brand new pan in soap and water before I use it again. This is absolutely disgusting!

I have owned the 20 cm version of this pan for a long time and thought that it would be nice to have the pair as a set, but this 24 cm one does not stand up to the 20 cm pan at all. In fact, I think that your better off buying the Circulon STEEL ELITE 24cm pan than this one, I've used the STEEL ELITE since January 2010 and it's only now being pensioned off (for what I thought was a better model). The hard anodised is no different than the cheap supermarket frying pans. Save your money, go for one of those. At least you won't feel quite so aggrieved when the food does starts to stick in it! And just let them tell me that I was at fault, like they have other purchasers on Amazon. I'm as experienced as any contributor to these reviews in the use of Circulon products!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2014 6:06 PM BST

TOMTOM USB Lifetime Free Traffic Receiver Car Charger Vehicle Power Cable Cord for TOM TOM One 3rd Edition ONE XL XLS XXL Classic S T GPS Navigator 4UUC.001.01, 4UUC.001.01, 2UUC.002.00 (Not Compatible with Via Series)

1.0 out of 5 stars It does not fit the TomTom Via 135, 26 April 2013
The information on this item is misleading. It gives the impression that it fits the Via 135 but the connection plug does not fit the socket on the TomTom. It is too square! It needs to be flatter than the one on this product. Or have I got it all wrong? It states categorically that it can be used on the 135. Anyway, take no notice of the star rating because I couldn't even fit it to the sat nav. I just thought that other Via 135 users could be misled by the advert.

Orgasms!: How to have them and give them as often as you like (52 Brilliant Ideas)

3.0 out of 5 stars I am a stupid male, 31 Jan. 2013
Normally I don't rate many purchases on amazon, and after reading it you will understand why! I think I downloaded it because it was free, because after reading two or three pages I soon found that this was not my interest at all! I soon deleted it from my library.

I am certain that many ladies among us will find it instructional and encouraging but writing as one who would.welcome impotence at my age (65) it's not my interest!

Kareco Eternity Ring, 9ct Yellow Gold Diamond and Ruby Ring, Claw Set
Kareco Eternity Ring, 9ct Yellow Gold Diamond and Ruby Ring, Claw Set

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., 23 Mar. 2012
I must say I so wanted to like this ring. It's my wife and my ruby wedding anniversary later this year and she has been asking for an eternity ring for about a year now, since due to illness she had to have her original eternity ring obliterated, (it had to be cut into 4 pieces, she had that one for 40 years)so I thought I would combine the two things. It's a good job I didn't wait till the last minute, because I would've been stuck with this ring and it would have been such a disappointment. Whereas I returned the ring, had a full refund and now I can buy one more suitable. The ring looks so much more in the photograph than in reality. The photo makes it look colourful and bright, but the stones looked tiny, dull and washed out on the ring, very misleading. Perhaps I'm being naive, but I expected it to look like the photo.

The good thing is that amazon refunded with no question, first class excellent service from them! Thank you amazon.

Our Version of Events
Our Version of Events
Offered by jim-exselecky

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor sound on the MP3 track!, 2 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Our Version of Events (Audio CD)
I love listening to the track "Next To Me" on the radio, so rather than buy the whole cd I thought I'd try downloading just the track in mp3 format, but the production of the MP3 track was absolutely appalling. It was distorted and crackly, I tried it on a couple of my mp3 players and through a couple of headphone sets-even tried it on my £200.00+ Grado 325s and my Shure E2C headphones, but the sound was still complete rubbish. I guess the quality of MP3 tracks is still not high enough to be pleasing at all. This is not a criticism of Emili Sande or her wonderful music, just the quality of MP3s in general, I think. I've complained to amazon about the poor quality, but I don't know if it will do any good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2012 9:39 AM GMT

Sistema KLIP IT Container - Pack of 6
Sistema KLIP IT Container - Pack of 6

1.0 out of 5 stars Not airtight, 6 Sept. 2011
I am diabetic, so I have to be careful what I eat. I bought these for storage of salads that I eat when I'm on an all afternoon visit to my wife in a nursing home, unfortunately they do not seal the salad from the air, because the lettuce was limp, wet and slimy when I got around to eating it-disappointing and not fit for the purpose. Even though it was kept in the nursing home refrigerator for the afternoon. However, you live and learn! Anyone know where I can get some decent. airtight food boxes?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2011 4:24 PM GMT

Finger Pulse Oximeter With LED Display (Includes Carrycase, Batteries and Lanyard)
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 27 Jun. 2011
It works fine, but be aware that there is no batteries supplied with it! I know it's a small thing but it is advertised as 'batteries supplied'. Apart from that it's OK. Although, how we are supposed to calibrate its accuracy is another matter. I bought this for my wife who is in a care home, their oximeter was on the blink throwing error messages all the time, a bit worrying when her breathing is affected so much. But instead of getting peace of mind the care home's concern was that this oximeter might not be accurate! So it did nothing for our peace of mind at all. It's as if they only take notice of the equipment that is supplied by the home itself, which at that time wasn't working at all.

Belkin Scart Block 1 Scart /3 Scart
Belkin Scart Block 1 Scart /3 Scart

1.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Scart Block. What happened to the sound?, 28 April 2011
Received it, well packed, very quickly. Everything fine-until it was asked to do what it was supposed to. Then it would only perform half its function; namely picture-but hardly any sound. I fiddled with different combinations of sockets, but still hardly any sound. I had to turn the volume up on the tv to full before it was barely audible. Now, considering the tv was situated in a nursing home for disabled people, it was entirely unsuitable. The residents or the care staff would not fiddle around with it, they had to be sat almost on top of the tv before they could hear anything, so I put it back to just watching freeview and changing over the plugs when they wanted the DVD. Even though I agree with everyone about the quality of the build, its performance was rubbish! So I returned it to amazon(Indigostarfish). Shame really, because I love the quality in Belkin stuff.

Page: 1 | 2