Profile for daisyduck1976 > Reviews

Content by daisyduck1976

daisyduck1976 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Emartbuy® Stylus Pack For Apple Iphone 5 Premium PU Leather Flip Case/Cover/Pouch Polka Dots Red / White + Mini Metallic Red Stylus + LCD Screen Protector
Offered by emartbuyuk

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 13 April 2013
I wasn't expecting this to be top notch given its price, and I was right. It's fine, will probably last a few months and then I'll look for something else.
It fits iPhone 5 easily and provides some protection if you drop it when it's open or closed. The stylus is pointless for most people, I would say. I threw mine away immediately.

The red polka dot pattern is very striking. Some of my polka dots had already lost bits of the white and the red was showing through when I first opened it. There is also a black mark on one edge.. The cover had already been marked by the clip magnet and where the magnet is already has some material coming away.

It will do for now and looks pretty enough, but if you are looking for a case that's going to last you, this is not it.

Update: it lasted 7 months which I suppose isn't bad. It' very faded, lots of the colour has come off and the plastic sides are all cracked and broken. When it goes, it really goes!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars US adaptor, 13 April 2013
These adapters worked perfectly to convert the US sockets in our hotel room to UK ones. They can also be given a slight adjustment to fit into Aussie plugs and adapt them to Uk ones.

The Back Road
The Back Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable thriller, 12 April 2013
This review is from: The Back Road (Kindle Edition)
This is a nice little thriller. I raced through it, really enjoying trying to work it all out. There are a host of characters all living in the same village, a mystery surrounding a hit and run, a mystery involving a stalker, as well as all sorts of goings on between each of the characters. The story centres around two sisters, very different and each dealing with difficulties from their past.

It's quite a classic style of mystery/thriller, where everyone is a suspect, they all could have some involvement, and I enjoyed that aspect of it. Many of the characters are thoroughly unlikable but, given the plot, that wasn't really a problem. I enjoyed the climax of the story, and didn't guess the person responsible until very late on. Great fun to read.

If I was to criticise anything, it would be that the stalker is given away very early by a few unnecessary words, which, if they were taken out, would keep that plot point more of a mystery. Also, occasionally the dialogue didn't really ring true.

all in all though, I really enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it.

Apollo Housewares mini round cast iron trivet cream
Apollo Housewares mini round cast iron trivet cream
Offered by SelectiveGoods

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 20 Mar. 2013
I looked high and low for a trivet like this on the high street but couldn't find one. This is perfect. It's good quality and the right size for a small dish or a teapot. The colour isn't actually cream, it's more beige or light coffee coloured, if you really want to be specific!

Wedding Cards Post Mail Receiving Box Wishing Well - in Soft White (Off White)
Wedding Cards Post Mail Receiving Box Wishing Well - in Soft White (Off White)
Offered by notjustballoons

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 17 Mar. 2013
This was a godsend for us. We hadn't thought about what to do with all the wedding cards that were brought on the day, until a relative mentioned it. So we bought this at the last moment and it was excellent. Really easy to assemble, nice and sturdy. It was rammed full of cards by the end of the day and it stayed standing with no trouble. We didn't decorate ours in any way , as we didn't have time, but if you did want to, you could easily make it tie in with your theme.

Cellophane Forest Green Party Bags, Pack of 30
Cellophane Forest Green Party Bags, Pack of 30

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bags for baked goods, 17 Mar. 2013
This is strangely listed as a toy... I used them as bags for my wedding favours and found them to be excellent. Really good quality, no splitting or breaking.

Bodum BISTRO Electric Hand Mixer (Dishwasher Safe, Stainless Steel Accessoirs, 5 Speed Levels)  - Off white
Bodum BISTRO Electric Hand Mixer (Dishwasher Safe, Stainless Steel Accessoirs, 5 Speed Levels) - Off white

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality mixer, 17 Mar. 2013
This really is a a good electric mixer. It is perhaps a little heavier than some on the market but as long as you don't plan to mix for hours at a time, it's no problem! It runs very well and the high speeds are incredibly efficient. It's also very easy to clean.

It's a great shame that this colour is so hard to find now, as it's certainly the easiest to coordinate with your kitchen (compared to lime green, bright red or black).

Highly recommended.

And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie Collection)
And Then There Were None (Agatha Christie Collection)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remember it, 20 Feb. 2013
I first read this as a teenager, and I remember being totally thrilled by it. I downloaded it for my Kindle, having such fond memories of it, and whizzed through it in a couple of days. My opinion of it has definitely changed.

I still think the whodunnit aspect is very good. Despite, having read it before, I didn't remember who the killer was, and I didn't guess it. What had changed for me, was that I wanted more. The characterisation was pretty poor in that I really didn't know anything about the characters, and really didn't care about them. I found the final moments between to of the characters totally odd, out of character and unbelievable. To really be a cracking read, I think the dialogue and characterisation would need some serious work.

I am a huge Agatha Christie fan and this book does deservedly have a reputation due to the innovative plot, but it's certainly not one of her best.

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper

5.0 out of 5 stars Family saga with a twist, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I would say it is the best book Kate Morton has written since the House at Riverton. It follows her usual style and themes- jumping back and forward in time, slowly revealing family secrets.
The book begins by describing a shocking event from Laurel's childhood and then moves between her mother's younger years during the war, and Laurel and her mother in the present day. The mystery of why the first event happened is slowly unravelled through Laurel's investigations and some revelations from her elderly mother when she is lucid, but are also exemplified by flashbacks to the actual time.

I was thoroughly gripped by the strange behaviour and lifestyle of Laurel's mother during the war and I tried and failed to figure out the mystery myself. When all was revealed in the final pages of the book, I was totally surprised and pleased with how it had all come together. I did not see it coming at all, and that was a nice bonus.

Really enjoyable, with well written characters who I could see clearly in my head. I would recommend :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 2 Feb. 2013
A good quality over door hanger. It doesn't require much clearance above the door and sits flush against the top. I would recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20