Profile for AceOD > Reviews

Prices Lighter
Prices Lighter
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars Prices Candle Lighter, 5 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Prices Lighter (Personal Care)
I bought this for my wife to light candles with. It's light, and easy to use - almost like a cigarette lighter, but longer. It lights candles adequately, safely and with a bit of style - she loves it. Little things...

Apple Magic TrackPad & Wireless Keyboard Clique Dock system by Henge Docks
Apple Magic TrackPad & Wireless Keyboard Clique Dock system by Henge Docks

4.0 out of 5 stars Mac Wireless Keyboard & Trackpad Dock, 29 Jun. 2012
This is a nice idea, and a good product. The Henge Dock is a little disappointing when first opening the box, as it feels very light and a little flimsy, however once the Trackpad and Keyboard are locked together, the unit is rigid and durable. I bought this with the Mobee Numpad, and they make a very nice addition to my set up.

Pretty pleased with the two purchases.

Mobee The Magic Numpad for the Apple Trackpad
Mobee The Magic Numpad for the Apple Trackpad
Offered by Macservice

5.0 out of 5 stars A Numerical Key Pad for the Mac Wireless Keyboard, 29 Jun. 2012
This is a nice idea, and a good product, if somewhat pricey for 3 overlays and a bit of software. I use my Mac Wireless Keyboard in a Henge Dock which I bought at the same time - this means my Trackpad and Keyboard are locked together, and the Numpad is always available. I also have a Mobee Mouse battery recharger, so all in all a great addition to my set up.

You can set function keys, have the calculator instantly available - pretty pleased with the two purchases.

2.5" IDE/ATA/PATA Drive Enclosure USB Silver
2.5" IDE/ATA/PATA Drive Enclosure USB Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars HD Enclosure, 29 Jun. 2012
Removed Hard drive from my now defunct AppleTV which I replaced with the 3rd Gen.
Used this to make a portable 350GB drive - in use straight away - nice simple product, easy to assemble, tools and screws supplied, lightweight and looks good. What's not to like?

Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru Satin for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Black
Speck Aluminum Unibody See Thru Satin for 15-inch MacBook Pro - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars MacBook Speck Case, 20 May 2012
Nice, arrived quickly even with free postage. Nice grippy case, does what it says - protects my MBP from scratches & sinks. What's not to like. :-)

Kitchen Craft White Porcelain Covered Butter Dish
Kitchen Craft White Porcelain Covered Butter Dish

5.0 out of 5 stars Butter Dish, 21 April 2012
It's a white porcelaine butter dish. It holds butter, was reasonably cheap, arrived quickly and the lid goes over the butter that the white porcelaine butter dish holds.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement PS, 20 Feb. 2012
Was a little concerned that the PS would screw up charging my MBP, so did a short check on the output when arrived. No issues with this, charges and works perfectly when on mains supply, can't fault it. Delivery within 2 days on Supersaver, so great value.

UK extension power cord for Apple AC Adapter Charger Macbook 13" Macbook Pro 15"
Offered by mobohub

5.0 out of 5 stars MBP Extension Lead, 20 Feb. 2012
Good replacement - allows me to leave the original at home on my workstation, and an just plug the power supply straight in, and take this with me to charge while away. Nice product - works fine - for some reason the design is such that where the unit plugs into the PS, it is slightly smaller than the Apple design, so is obviously OEM. Delivery was quick, and it does the job.

Sony NP-FV50 Widely Compatible Handycam Battery
Sony NP-FV50 Widely Compatible Handycam Battery
Offered by TechShoper

5.0 out of 5 stars Camcorder Battery, 20 Feb. 2012
This battery is the Sony branded replacement. It works perfectly, charges well, and gives a longer battery life than the one supplied with the camcorder. Delivery was super quick - what's not to like?

Spyder 3 Pro (PC/Mac)
Spyder 3 Pro (PC/Mac)

3.0 out of 5 stars Spyder 3, 1 Dec. 2011
I bought this due to the lack of support given by Datacolor to the Mac. I had the Spyder 2, which was not supported in Lion, software was promised, but not delivered by Datacolor, and I decided to buy a new colorimeter. In the event I looked around for another manufacturer - the Huey Pantone did not have the features I was looking for, and both the ColorMunki & the Eye One were comparatively expensive, and I could not see the value in paying the additional cost. So although I was unhappy with Datacolor, and their poor support, I finally decided that I could not justify buying another manufacturers product, and purchased the Spyder 3.

Whilst I have not been disappointed in the Spyder 3, and I like the ambient light support, however, it does mean that I have to have further clutter on my desk / workstation to accommodate the Spyder 3 in it's holder. Overall, the monitor calibration is of high quality, and using 2 monitors with both PS and DW (one Apple display and one LCD Monitor) the colours match pretty well - not perfect - but as good as can be expected with two different monitor outputs.

I liked the fact that the new software suite allows the setting of the re-cailbration period - I keep both the iMac and MBP calibrated every 2 weeks - but as I rarely use my PC for adjusting photographs, I recalibrate this only every couple of months.

All in all, pleased with the product, but not very impressed by the manufacturer forcing me to buy a new product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 4:43 PM GMT