Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Pagan's Crusade
Pagan's Crusade
by Catherine Jinks

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, 5 Feb. 2000
This review is from: Pagan's Crusade (Paperback)
And hope that the rest of the series is released where you live. (Lucky me, I'm in Australia so I've read all 4).
This book is told from the point of view of Pagan Kidrouk, a young Christian Arab trying to get by back in the bad old days of the Crusades.
No wimpy perfect character this, Pagan is a wise cracking young cynic who's been surviving on his own for quite a while. Then he meets Lord Roland, a Knight Templar, and is assigned to be his squire.
The authors style is very distinctive, very spare and it takes a little getting used to. But it certainly pays off as with very few words she manages to conjure up Pagan and the world he lives in, as well as entertaining us with the young man's witty sarcasm.
I adore this book and this series. You really will laugh and cry as you accompany Pagan on his various adventures.

Eye to Eye
Eye to Eye
by Catherine Jinks

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvelous read!, 5 Feb. 2000
This review is from: Eye to Eye (Paperback)
I highly recomend this wonderful book. CJ's distinctive spare style lends itself perfectly to the growing relationship between Jansi and Pim.
The story is easy to read and deeply rewarding. The author manages to convey a great deal of emotion as PIM and Jansi learn to communicate. I can't say enough about the subtle interplay between these two characters.
The point of view changes chapter by chapter and this works perfectly. The story speeds along nicely too. It's the kind of story you just want to keep reading.
I'd love to read more of Jansi and PIM's adventures, and I hope the author turns this into a series like the Pagan books.
I highly recomend the Pagan series by Catherine Jinks as well.