Profile for Malcolm Emery > Reviews

Content by Malcolm Emery

Malcolm Emery (London, England)

VonHaus 950W 125mm (5") Angle Grinder with 7 Disc Accessory Kit | Compatible with 125mm and 115mm Cutting Discs
Offered by DOMU UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Job done, 10 April 2017
Speedy delivery. I did not expect to have to assemble the kit but it was not a problem. The grinder did a good job for me and is comfortable to use. The steel cutting disc was not man enough for the job but I had a 4.5 inch spare from a previous unit so used that. The spindle lock idea was new to me and a bit fiddly - the old system with two spanners was easier, in my opinion.

Verdi - La Traviata [Levine, Metropolitan Orchestra] [DVD] [NTSC]
Verdi - La Traviata [Levine, Metropolitan Orchestra] [DVD] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Teresa Stratas

4.0 out of 5 stars Xmas viewing, 26 Dec. 2007
Although I enjoy opera I cannot claim to be competent to make judgement on the technical qualities of this DVD. Suffice it to say that I found it to be most enjoyable. What I think your average customer needs to know is that this DVD is actually a run of the film production in 1982, which apparently was much acclaimed. The difference, of course, is that this version is not produced on a stage but in various settings including streets, gardens and houses. One gets the impression at times that the songs have been dubbed and there is not always that belief the the performer is actually singing the words. To some this film version may add to the entertainment value but to others it might seem a little unusual. I found it strange at first but warmed to it with time. I think that the performers were extremely good and the film format allowed the dance scenes to be shown to good effect.