Profile for Amanda j > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Easy Jams, Chutneys and Preserves
Easy Jams, Chutneys and Preserves

4.0 out of 5 stars Jammy, 6 July 2012
Very informative little book, ideal for learners. This book will tell you everything you need to know about making those first lovely pots of jam, includes tried and tested recipes. The only fault I could find was there are very few pictures. I will use this book again and again.

Witch Light
Witch Light
by Susan Fletcher

4.0 out of 5 stars Transported, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Witch Light (Paperback)
What a fabulous read, I was transported to Glen Coe and could smell the peat fire. The character Corag is so colourful and stays vivid in my memory still. The story is told by Corag and it feels like she is talking to the reader directly. The story builds to that dreadful night of the massacre and the reader is carried along with a sense of dread knowing the story can only go one way yet hoping somehow that history will be changed. Corag is visible still in my memory many months after reading this book. Super read.

Lets Cook Maslin Pan 30cm 7 litre for Traditional Jam Making and Preserves and Fruit

5.0 out of 5 stars Masking pan, 6 July 2012
I'd priced this pan in a few shops before buying this one from amazon. It was every bit as good quality as those I'd seen in shops at three times the price. If like me you make jam only a few times in the year you will be delighted with this product. It is sturdy yet light ,easy to handle and very easily cleaned. Takes up space to store but I save my used jam jars in the pan until I'm overcome with the desire to make more lovely jam.

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

1.0 out of 5 stars Fifty shades of grey, 6 July 2012
After so much hype I had to read this book to satisfy my curiosity. The novel is badly written with a very weak story line. Although sexual very explicit leavening noting to the imagination the characters are shallow with no substance. Mills and boon with spice!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5