Profile for TheMightyBuch > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Bolsius Outdoor/Indoor Pillar Candle 200x70mm - Ivory
Bolsius Outdoor/Indoor Pillar Candle 200x70mm - Ivory

5.0 out of 5 stars Smashing candles, 10 Jan. 2016
A smashing votive candle, it burns nice and steadily, nice and slowly, and as the wick burns and the flame lowers into the body of the candle, the light it gives off is wonderfully warm and comforting. I will be buying more.

Pack of 100 - Unbleached Coffee Papers - Size Four (4)
Pack of 100 - Unbleached Coffee Papers - Size Four (4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Paper filters remove cholesterol so they say, 10 Jan. 2016
Having realised how much cleaner both my cup and the jug of my percolator were after switching out the integral nylon filter for paper filters, I am now a firm convert to paper filters. I'm told that they also remove more of the cholesterol from filtered coffee what's not to love? These are unbleached, use no glue in the seam, and make a great cup of coffee. I highly recommend. One minor downside is that the French filters I used to use came with a pouch of descaling powder–these don't, hence four rather than five stars.

3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold
3.5mm Stereo Plug to Stereo Plug 1.2 Mtrs Gold
Offered by iZKA Distribution Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy, not as sold., 4 Jun. 2015
Cable less than 1.2 meters long by about 20 cms, neither of the connections are gold, and it's about as strong as a one-day old kitten. Sound quality is average at best; no discernible interference but I have to keep the volume up to max on my iPod and car stereo for it to register audibly whilst driving over 30mph (newish car, quiet runner; decent stereo). It cost me 78p to buy, and shipped from China within 20 days, hence the 1 star awarded. Otherwise not as sold. Almost no point contacting the seller about this as I'm sure they wouldn't do anything but send a replacement. At this price I'm sure they're sitting on a container ship-load of them. Avoid product and buying through Goods-cool.

Mahalo Soprano Ukulele with Bag - Purple
Mahalo Soprano Ukulele with Bag - Purple
Offered by Acandoo Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 12 May 2015
Bought for my son - his first uke but not first instrument - and it's a great starter instrument. Cheap and cheerful, a bit throwaway in terms of production values, but the heads are solid, there's good action on the fretboard, and it plays well. As always, you need to take a screwdriver to the tuning heads before it'll hold a tuning for more than three strums. My son loves it and I hope we'll be able to play together soon.

inShang Smart rotating case for iPad4/ipad 3/ ipad2, Multi-Function PU Leather Stand/ Cover, With Auto Sleep Wake Function + 1 High End Business Stylus Pen
Offered by inShang

3.0 out of 5 stars Serviceable but a little on the cheap (quality) side, 11 May 2015
Fake leather, with no holder for the stylus, which is pretty cheaply made and will probably not last long. However, otherwise it's a decent cover, very snug and unlikely to let go of the iPad itself. Only the last groove is deep enough to handle the iPad if I want to prod cack-handedly at the screen with the stylus. The front two are shallow enough that it repeatedly slides off. Also, the magnets which turn the iPad off are a bit hit and miss. Otherwise it's fine, and at £60 cheaper than my preferred Apple Red Smart Case, I am in no position to complain!

Betron JRS40 Pop Up Portable Mini Travel II Capsule Rechargeable 40mm Speaker For Iphone, iPod, Ipad, Tablets and MP3 Players - Black
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 11 May 2015
Inexpensive and perfectly serviceable. I did however buy them to augment the speakers of my iPad - maybe I was overly optimistic but the iPad speaker is better, with clearer sound quality and more volume. Still, as a travel speaker it is great value for money. Useful if I want to listen quietly to music without disturbing others unduly. Not quite loud enough to play my iPod to the office through, which might be a blessing (for other people).

2.5 Black Small Compact Protective EVA Case Bag Pouch for USB External Portable Hard Drive Pocket Carrying Memory Card Hard Disk

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly adequate, 1 Dec. 2014
Not fantastic build quality - I had to buy a second case as the zip broke on the first as there's nothing to stop it from sliding all the way off apart from a thin, poorly stitched-in-place piece of pseudo-leather - and my Seagate drive doesn't actually fit in the webbing compartment, but it does keep it tidy and protected, and I can slide in the cable and my iPod connector into the webbing for safe keeping. Has survived a drop or two from tables or poorly stacked piles of things to carry... :D

25 PK FURNITURE WHITE ALIGNMENT LEVELLER WEDGES ADJUSTABLE WEDGE 1MM - 8MM (SUKI)
Offered by Fitmykitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Simple Device, 1 Dec. 2014
A really simple idea, well made and useful across the house - they're currently battling uneven floors in my kitchen (under the fridge) dining room (a sideboard on its last legs) and in my lounge (under five sets of bookshelves). You just tilt the furniture back and slide underneath until the furniture is level, then bend them up and break off the excess.

Cherub Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Cherub Clip-On Ukulele Tuner
Offered by Happyshop2016

5.0 out of 5 stars Has both C and D tunings so great on a range of ukes, 1 Dec. 2014
A really simple, clip-on tuner for ukulele, it does everything you could want, short of tuning the damned thing itself. Has both C and D tunings so great on a range of ukes, and is so simple, my five-year-old can do it! Top stuff.

Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world
Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world

2.0 out of 5 stars Distinct lack of information, 11 Nov. 2013
First a disclaimer - this book is excellent, and has helped me no end with a variety of issues. Mindfulness and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy is a practical way to re-engage with yourself and your life.

HOWEVER, the Kindle version in NO WAY lets the prospective buyer know in advance that the enhanced version, i.e. the one with the very very important audio tracks, without which the reader is left to navigate a new meditation, potentially for the first time, without guidance, is not compatible with the basic Kindle model. You can read the text but that's it. I couldn't even use it on the Kindle app on my iPad - I had to purchase the iBook version as well. Very annoying and a waste of money.

But I will reiterate, content-wise, this is very worthwhile.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 2:54 PM GMT