Profile for Reece Pilgrim > Reviews

Content by Reece Pilgrim

Reece Pilgrim "SnakeCracker" (London, England)

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Full Version (PC DVD)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Full Version (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Windows 7, 14 July 2009
I work as a computer technician and i've seen some really good OS's but this is by far the best i've used. Been using Windows 7 32-bit & 64-Bit From when it was released as a Beta OS and From then to the RC and now is going onto RTM (Release to Manufacturing). You can really do more and have more put into the OS for an example: Windows XP Mode. If you have been using XP and have had programs that do not work on 7 you can use this tool and run them inside Windows 7. So no need to loose out on a program you have been using for your business or home-use.

Also another thing which is included in Windows 7 is HomeGroup. I've been using this on my Computer and other computers in the house it's a network tool that will allow you to connect other computers with Windows 7 based computers together and share files and allows you to stream Videos, Music, Or even Movies...

Another thing they have made even easier is the right click on the desktop. When you right click on the desktop it comes up witht the same as vista. BUT, not it just being Personalize it has 2 new shortcuts above it which are: Gadgets and Screen Resolution. It makes it easier for me to change my screens around when I want to use one of them for something else.

Also A little thing I like abit is this little button at the very end of the taskbar next to the Date and Time if if you hover your mouse over it you'll see it shows the desktop but without minimizing all your windows you had open or if you want all your windows minimized then you can click on it and the will drop to the taskbar.

Another good thing about Win7 is the area shake nothing too fancy just fun to play with.. If you grab a window that is open adn you have others open too you can shake the one window and it will minimize all the other windows that are open and then if you shake the window you just shaked then it will open them back up the same way the was before you minimized them.

Also i would say for you to use 64-bit version of winodws 7 I installed it on my laptop that has 2GB of RAM and Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz and it runs really fast on it without having no trouble starting up nor shuting down which Vista had many problems with...

Windows 7 I would say is faster then XP which I find really good! I have 4GB of RAM and a Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.50GHz and it runs like the wind! Also on the laptop with the 64-bit version of 7 it runs still really fast, I can't really tell the difference!!

There is so much more in 7 I could talk about! But amazon have covered most of it back up there ^^^^

All in all I can't wait to buy it!!!

Seagate OEM 500GB Barracuda 3.5 inch 7200.12 Internal Hard Disk Drive (7200RPM, SATA, 16MB Cache)
Offered by Artemis Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast 500GB HDD means better gaming, 15 May 2009
Using this HDD with an old 160GB HDD which is alot slower then this 500GB HDD so i got some money together and got this.
Its alot more faster loads Windows 7 so quickly and its the right room for me as well.
I would buy this again.

Xpertvision 256MB GeForce 8600GT TV/2XDVI PCI-E
Xpertvision 256MB GeForce 8600GT TV/2XDVI PCI-E

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good graphics card for small gaming use, 23 Feb. 2009
Got this graphics card just to run my computer i'm building. My old pc died on me so i needed a new one fast so i went with this graphics card just to get it running.

its very good does what i need to do and also plays games (ie sims 2) very well! and i also have it on dual-screen.
i'm glad i got this and at this price a very good buy!
it has a good rating on Windows Vista Index Rating system.
Graphics = 5.9
Gaming graphics = 5.5
if you want a graphics card to do normal and abit of gaming.. I would say for you to go with this.

Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre (discontinued by manufacturer)
Premium HDMI to DVI Cable Gold 2 Metre (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Zehui Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for connecting your PS3 to a Monitor, 6 Feb. 2009
Got this the other day to connect my new computer to my TV but not got my TV yet. So i got my PS3 and linked it to my 20" Dell SP2009W with built-in Webcam and mic with 4 USB ports and all worked, got full 1080p HD :).