Profile for Rachel > Reviews

15 Piece Acrylic UV Gel Nail Art Polish Varnish Brush Set White
15 Piece Acrylic UV Gel Nail Art Polish Varnish Brush Set White
Offered by Heart Service

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fantastic value set of brushes, 28 Oct. 2014
This is a fantastic value set of brushes. I did not buy them for nails as they are advertised that bought them for detailed face painting and they have been brilliant would happily recommend and happily buy again

Pillow Pets Mr.Bear
Pillow Pets Mr.Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars All round great!, 28 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Pillow Pets Mr.Bear (Toy)
Would never have chosen this for my children as I just don't 'get it'. However, after being reliably informed by my sister that her grandchildren love theirs, I bought one each for my children aged two and three.
It is now eight months on and both my children still love their pillow pets - they are used every night, we have taken them on holiday abroad and they were fantastic for the plane journey because they could use them to go to sleep on. I am very very pleased with the quality and with the value for money.
I have since bought them for other children as gifts because now I 'get it'.
All round great!

4 PACK FLEXIABLE EVA FOAM DOOR GUARD - CHILD SAFETY
4 PACK FLEXIABLE EVA FOAM DOOR GUARD - CHILD SAFETY
Offered by Super Utensil Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for their purpose, 28 Oct. 2014
Ideal for what they are meant for. Some doors may be a little bit slim for them to stay on the side in which case they can be used by being put on the top edge of the door. Very happy with purchase would buy again.

Mens Oddsocks: Set of 6 x Head Boy Odd Socks :Size UK 6-11
Mens Oddsocks: Set of 6 x Head Boy Odd Socks :Size UK 6-11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, would happily buy again., 28 Oct. 2014
Had these for about six months now still washing well, very happy with the quality, partner seems very happy with comfort level - well he hasn't complained and he wears them every week. Would happily buy again. Love the designs and not having to pair them.

Peppa Pig Aqua Magic Book
Peppa Pig Aqua Magic Book

4.0 out of 5 stars No mess, easy to use, great for all ages, all round success., 28 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Peppa Pig Aqua Magic Book (Toy)
These aqua magic books are great, the colours are good once the water is applied. There's only about 5 pages to do in the book so it's good that they dry quickly to be redone. The 'activities' on the back of the pages are good too, such as 'count how many starfish there are' etc.
The pens are good for older children, but for my younger ones I just give them a paintbrush and pot of water.
I have only given this one for stars instead of five because some of the printing in this particular one was out of line and there was some splodges of the white coating on the pages, I would go as far have to say these could have been quality-control rejects. Ones that I have bought previously have been better quality manufactured.
Despite the quality issues my little ones still absolutely loved playing with the books and I would still happily buy them at the price I paid.

Elgento E010 Potato Peeler and Salad Spinner, 70 W - White
Elgento E010 Potato Peeler and Salad Spinner, 70 W - White
Offered by Electrical Emporium

1.0 out of 5 stars Love love love it - until it stops!, 28 Oct. 2014
My original review is below. Sadly after writting this great review - I have had to return the item as it stopped working after about 6 uses/3weeks. Very sad about this. I will however buy another one, just not sure which one yet.

"Not great for large potatoes, but then they are quicker to do by hand. But tip in a bag of those 'delicious but far too fiddly to be bothered with' miniature potatoes and it's brilliant. 1kg takes about 3 minutes, then just rinse in a colander and cut out any black bits - 5 minutes tops compared to scraping them individually for nearly an hour!
Then just rinse out the peeler in clear water, this takes a few minutes but cleans easily (never leave it to dry before cleaning) and leave to dry.
For anyone thinking of getting one these are my 'helpful points':
- If it stops spinning - check the long spindle bit in the side which activates the safety switch - I found the lid which should push it down works better on one side than the other.
- don't put in to much water - it will come out the bottom - oops!
- it is best for small and very small potatoes, esp ones you would scrub or scrape. Medium are ok but you start getting to the point where it's quicker to peel."
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 27, 2016 9:01 AM BST

OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler
OXO Good Grips Swivel Peeler

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best peelers I have ever used, 28 Oct. 2014
Very happy with this. After reading some of the (very few) negative reviews which seem to focus mainly on it being a bit large so awkward for small hands, I was a bit worried as I am very petite and only have small hands.
I did not find it awkward at all and found the larger than average handle actually very comfortable. The blade is very sharp and I found it makes peeling as easy as it can be. This is certainly one of the best peelers I have ever used. I will be buying a couple for some older relatives who I think would find them useful.

ARCTIC Breeze UK - Countries Edition - USB Desktop Fan with Flexible Neck and Adjustable Fan Speed
Offered by inandout-distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed - very happy, 28 Oct. 2014
Excellent. I bought it to cool a overheating laptop and it works very well. Would certainly be good as a desktop fan for an individual in a hot office. The flexible neck is good and stays in place wherever the fan is positioned, the base is solid enough to hold it firmly.
The white dial switch turns it on/off and increases the speed.
Have used it now for about two months.
Very pleased, excellent value.

Wenko 3440311100 Peg bag Felt, Felt, 18 x 20 x 9 cm, Grey
Wenko 3440311100 Peg bag Felt, Felt, 18 x 20 x 9 cm, Grey

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and perfectly formed, 26 Sept. 2014
Although smaller than I expected, it is perfected big enough for holding a lot of pegs and it is so nicely made that I love it (a bit over excted for a peg bag I may be, but so much nicer than the usual twee ones!)
It stands nicely on it's own and the velcro tabs on the handle make it easy to hang on the line.
All in all, good design and, for a peg bag, quite stylish!

first4magnets 19 x 30mm Assorted Large Fruity Skittle Magnets for office and Fridge (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - strong and easy to handle, 7 April 2014
Theses have been so good I bought more, They are easy to handle and strong enough to hold several sheets of paper or quite thick card.
Another bonus is that because of the shape you can use them as little hooks to hang small things on too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6