Profile for J. Geddes > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Buff Kids Wool Neckwear - Bluebird, One Size
Buff Kids Wool Neckwear - Bluebird, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for forest nursery, 12 Nov. 2016
Ideal for my 4 year old to wear at forest school, bit fidly for her to fit it over her face without assistance but that should come with practice. Possibly a tiny bit on the large size as it doesn't hug her forehead quite as I would like but she will have a hat anyway so not an issue for us but may be something to consider if buying for young kids.

I took a star off purely because I am not a fan of logos and the buff logo is a lot larger than it appears in the picture. Doesn't bother my daughter a whit however, she is cock a hoop with her new head/neck wear.

Best Book Ever: Volume 1 (This Book Has No Pictures)
Best Book Ever: Volume 1 (This Book Has No Pictures)
by K. B. Tucker

3.0 out of 5 stars Too American for us, 10 Jun. 2016
I find it quite hard to read, possibly due to the very American text. Much prefer 'the book with no pictures' as does my 3 year old. She laughed at bits of this book but has not requested it be read again once we put it on the shelf.

Coleman Footprint For Coastline Four Person Tent Accessory - Black
Coleman Footprint For Coastline Four Person Tent Accessory - Black
Offered by Camping and General

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 10 Jun. 2016
Bought for use under a De Waard Zilvermeeuw (small) and a Cabanon Guadeloupe. Needs a bit of tucking under due to shape, but keeps the groundsheet nice and clean. The pegs are very flimsey and no use at all.

Coppenrath Cristmas Elves Huge Traditional German Advent Calendar 52 cm wide x 38 cm
Offered by Delicious Designs

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful advent calendar, 7 Jan. 2016
Beautiful advent calendar. Rather than the usual star or snowman, each door reveals a picture that is incorporated into the original eg. you might find a mischievous mouse throwing a snowball out a window, or toasting a marshmallow over the flames of a fire etc. Doors are easy to open but don't pop open whilst your child is opening a different day. Expensive but worth it, I will definitely buy coppenrath calendars next year too.

Childs Farm shampoo strawberry & organic mint 250 ml
Childs Farm shampoo strawberry & organic mint 250 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells lovely and cleans my daughters fine hair well, 7 Jan. 2016
Smells lovely and cleans my daughters fine hair well. She likes to rub it in herself which makes for very tangled hair, fortunately the childs farm conditioner sorts this out.

Janod Ducky Fishing Game
Janod Ducky Fishing Game
Offered by Crocodile Stores Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with this, 7 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Janod Ducky Fishing Game (Toy)
Disappointed with this. The ducks are lovely vibrant colours with good sized holes for the fishing hook. Initially I was delighted but soon realised each duck has a hole on the bottom (and sometimes elsewhere) which lets water in but, as they are not bath squirters, it's not always easy to get the water out. The ducks start out swimming nicely but pretty soon they start to capsize, still hookable though so not an issue unless your child insists on upright ducks. My biggest gripe however is that they have a very finite lifespan because of the water ingress which makes this a very expensive toy for the use you will get, not to mention very wasteful of resources.

Skechers Shuffles daisy Dotty, Girls' Low-Top Sneakers, Blue - Blau (DNPK), 8 Child UK (25 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good strong velcro (with velcro on the tongue as well ..., 7 Jan. 2016
My daughter loves these shoes and they fit very well. Good strong velcro (with velcro on the tongue as well which is excellent) but not too strong so my wee girl can open and close by herself. They look lovely on but I've taken a star off because the flashing lights have stopped working on the right foot after only two weeks and the glitter on the shoes gets everywhere.

ZOOLA - Best animal app for kids
ZOOLA - Best animal app for kids

4.0 out of 5 stars Over sensitive controls, 6 Feb. 2014
My daughter (18 months) loves this, possibly a bit too much (I have to hide our kindle or she'd play it 24/7). She loves looking at the different animals and often much hilarity ensues (I have no idea why she finds the pictures funny but there you go, the mind of a toddler and all that). Only gripe I have is that the controls are too sensative, she usually wants to point at the pictures but as soon as she does it shuts them down. A button to get back to the main screen would be much more practical.

ULTIMATE BABY SWIM SUIT - swimming wetsuit for babies
ULTIMATE BABY SWIM SUIT - swimming wetsuit for babies
Offered by Mikes Diving Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps baby toasty warm, 21 Nov. 2012
This is a lovely wee suit, I bought medium for my 3 month daughter and it has kept her nice and toasty during swimming lessons (they often forget to heat the water in our pool) whilst other babies are shivering away. It's a bit tricky to get on, once her legs are in I have to kind of bounce her into it by holding the shoulders of the suit and performing a shake not unlike the one I used to do when trying to get ketchup out a bottle. Peeling her out of the suit is no mean feet and I struggle to get her out of the blessed thing every time, ironically this generally means she gets pretty chilly after her swim. This is the only reason for 4 stars as I think exiting the suit would be a whole lot easier if the zip were at the back.

Definitely measure your child before buying though as my daughter has just turned 4 months and already needs the next size up, expensive wee blighter that she is!

30 x Ultra Early - 10mIU Wide Width Pregnancy Test Strips (tests up to 6 days earlier)
Offered by Home Health (UK) Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and easy, 12 Nov. 2011
If you're a poas addict these are cheap enough to use every day. No unneccessary packaging so good for the environment but what packaging there is is not recyclable alas so if you're prepared to take the more expensive tests appart they may be better for the environment. The second line on these is probably lighter than other tests but still easy to see once it appears. I was lucky enough to catch first time so can't add anything about evaporation lines. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recomend these.

Page: 1 | 2