Profile for Wayne A. > Reviews

Wayne A. (UK)

Hedstrom Wavy Slide
Hedstrom Wavy Slide

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but allow 1-3 days for assembly, 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
Needed a slide for my toddler's birthday and this looked exactly the thing. After reading the reviews I had scoffed at how difficult a slide could be to put together. After all, I was a seasoned veteran of kids bikes, swings and trampolines, not to mention the various years of assembling IKEA and flat pack furniture as part of a secret Government funded Black Ops team - a mere slide would offer no resistance!

All started well, the parts were checked off and seemed of good quality:
Large very bright orange plastic slide parts - check
Assorted metal and plastic parts that look vaguely similar to the photo - check
Large bag of assorted nuts/bolts/screws/etc. - check
Instruction leaflet - check

As per the previous reviews I had made sure to examine and separate the assorted bag of bolts/screws/etc. carefully to their sizes to avoid similar pitfalls as others. I then spent the first half an hour learning both Sumerian and Egyptian hieroglyphics in order to try to understand the instructions, consisting of purely drawings with no text - no doubt to make them easily and universally readable by anyone, with the exception of anybody that bothered to live on planet Earth.

After about another hour just to get the 2 main pieces of the slide together properly, my loving partner appeared and tried to assist with helpful comments such as 'Are you still not done yet?' and 'Can you stop swearing so loudly as the kids can hear you'. I politely refused her offers of help, I had a job to do and come hell and high water I was going to finish it.

The remainder of the metal supports and steps came together slowly during an A-Team 1980's style montage of checking, then re-checking the instructions, trying what I thought was right, cursing, then re-checking the instructions again. It eventually began to take shape and look similar to the photo, and as the montage music came to an end I tightened the final bolt and stood back to admire the results of what had been the most difficult and infuriating self-assembly project I had ever tackled, my fingers scratched and numb from the herculean effort, but I had emerged victorious...

The slide is good and sturdy for my toddler, and has weathered well so far being outside all the time. It's bright orange colour helps scare off wildlife from the garden, and should you lose your children during deep snowfalls am sure it can be used as a beacon to help guide themselves to safety.

Update:
After a few weeks of nightmares reliving the horror of assembling this and eventually seeking professional help, I now only suffer the occasional flashback to that terrible, dark and helpless time - but I find that it's nothing that curling up in the corner and crying for an hour or so can't sort out, so I'm taking that as a positive sign that things are on the up.

Komodo® Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Aluminium Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 / P7500 P7510 / Tab 2 10.1 / P5100 P5110 / Stand with Bluetooth Keyboard which also acts as a Case or Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 31 Mar. 2013
Looked at a number of options and found more expensive versions of what seemed to be the same thing. Opted for this one as preferred the aluminium finish which looks even better in real life.
More sturdy than I expected and happily survived the drop from letterbox to floor thanks to a lazy postie. Unboxed you get the keyboard, a short usb charging cable and instruction leaflet.
Takes all of 20 seconds to connect and get started using it and works well so far. Has galaxy tab specific function buttons on the top row to use instead of having to use the touchscreen versions of the Back key/Home key/etc which is really useful.
Overall am very pleased and would highly recommend.

Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Ice Crew
Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Ice Crew
Price: £27.50 - £59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for snowboarding, 4 April 2011
Bought this a base layer for snowboarding - I was looking for a nice balance of quality and function versus price and this was just the job.

Worn in a snowdome at about -6 degrees with only a jumper on top it still keeps you nice and warm enough to work up a sweat!

The merino wool works nicely with the under layer, only thing is what others have said about the cuffs feeling tight, although they are now better after a few uses and washes.

Would recommend and buy again for sure.

CIT 450w Gold 12CM Silent Atx Power Supply
CIT 450w Gold 12CM Silent Atx Power Supply

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 7 Feb. 2011
The time came to replace my original PSU from my desktop and needed a higher wattage due to the recent improvements I had made (new graphics card, etc.), so shopped around and found this one with good previous reviews and a great price.

Installed easily inside of 10 minutes, and is even quieter than the old one despite being a higher wattage.

Very impressed with the quality for the cost, and would recommend to others.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 12 Jun. 2009
Needed an Ethernet card to connect my desktop to my wireless router as wanted to keep it wired whilst use the laptop on wifi, so decided on this neat bit of kit to do the job.
Fitted it fine but found the drivers on the included cd to be of an older version to what was available on the web which was causing issues with installing the new hardware on my operating system (XP), but after a quick download from the internet it installed fine and have had no problems since so have rated it accordingly.