Profile for Jacu > Reviews

Jacu (Scotland)

UE BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black Night
UE BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black Night

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb blutooth speaker!, 20 April 2014
This is a fantastic speaker- I'm blown away by the quality of the sound. I compared this to others, ultimately coming down to a choice between this and the Pure Jongo S3. That is also good but I ultimately I chose the UE BOOM because it can ultimately be paired with another one for stereo sound, it has a better design to look at, and a nicer app in my opinion. The Jongo S3 can be paired with other speakers but only over wifi- which is fine if you have good wifi speed, which I don't.
There are nice touches, like the talking battery charge indicator, the flat cable and folding plug, which are bright yellow, and the case and packaging which have been well designed. Not that it will need to be packaged away often as it is so rugged. You can even mount it on a tripod stand.
Absolutely delighted with this, and enjoying hearing music being played properly at volume from iPhone and iPad.

ABBA Guide to Stockholm, The (Premium Publishing)
ABBA Guide to Stockholm, The (Premium Publishing)
by Sara Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 5 May 2010
Sara Russell has written a great guide for the Abba fan to Stockholm. It's a fanatastic and beautiful city but this book also goes into some of the less obvious locations which are of interest to Abba fans. Not only that, there are losts of photos of Abba which are a little bit different from the more usual shots in other books- so it's worth buying for that reason alone.
J Curran

Adventures of Julius Chancer: The Rainbow Orchid Volume 1
Adventures of Julius Chancer: The Rainbow Orchid Volume 1
by Garen Ewing

4.0 out of 5 stars A great discovery., 29 Aug. 2009
Having previously purchased Tintin books, Amazon sent me an email about this book by Garen Ewing. I initially thought is was another book written years ago. However I was intrigued enough to read further and found out it was brand new. I read more about it and its author on its dedicated website and thought it looked like fun. And it is !
Yes it's in the same style as Tintin, but it's one man's labour of love to great a brand new series- this is the first in the trilogy. The story moves along quickly and is both funny and adventurous. The drawings are excellent.
I thought my son might like it also but I think it's more suited to slightly older children- say from about age 11 onwards- boys and girls- as well as adults. I'm no expert on graphic novels- I just appreciate the charm of the Tintin stories- but it is great to see that there is now a new author taking on the same style but with his own mark. I look forward to reading the next two editions !

Eko-Mania Paper Log Maker - Green
Eko-Mania Paper Log Maker - Green

1.0 out of 5 stars Am I missing something ?, 20 Nov. 2008
I don't understand people saying that this is as good as burning wood. I've put alot of effort into making these paper bricks, only to struggle to get them lit at all. And as for flames ? I haven't seen a flame yet ! All I get is a smouldering lump, which eventually turns black, smoulders for a while and turns into a lump of ash. No sign of a roaring fire. I tried emailing the company to ask what I might be doing wrong but they never responded. Very disappointing.
If anyone can suggest any hints I'd appreciate it.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 6:12 PM GMT