Profile for Ms. C. Martin > Reviews

Content by Ms. C. Martin

Ms. C. Martin (Hertfordshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Honeymoon
Honeymoon

4.0 out of 5 stars a page turner, 22 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Honeymoon (Kindle Edition)
I have read quite a few of James Patterson's book - some are a bit hit and miss and he sometimes seems to go off track, but this one is with a good storyline, with believable characters. This one is back on track to one of his hits. Even though the chapters are short, they make you think 'I'll just read one more'. Before you know it another half hour has gone past. Nora is a woman who is successful, so why does she feel the need to do what she does? Then, along comes John O'Hara, someone on a mission to bring Nora to justice at whatever he has to do to catch her. It would have been more of an insight to find out more about her mother and why she spends her days making out she is not aware of her surroundings of where she is. A tidbit of their past lives is put in as a taster but you ask questions to wanting to know just a little bit more. Men who come onto Nora don't realise what they are letting themselves in for, much to their peril!

SO HOLLYWOOD
SO HOLLYWOOD
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Another chance finding of some good music to listen to, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: SO HOLLYWOOD (Audio CD)
Again another album I happened to come across and have played over and over several times. Will definitely look out for some more of their work. Although not top of the main stream playing list it is a lovely album to have on in the background or just something to sit there and listen to.

The Red Album
The Red Album

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem of an album, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Red Album (Audio CD)
Have never heard Red Molly before until I happened to come across them - a delightful album that you can listen on repeat time and time again. Worth giving a listen to and would look out for other pieces of their work.

2 x OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener 15ml / 0.5oz - Save Money!!!!!!
2 x OPI Original Nail Envy Nail Strengthener 15ml / 0.5oz - Save Money!!!!!!
Offered by nailfantastic

4.0 out of 5 stars One more to put in the drawer and forget about or will it do what it is supposed to do???, 24 Dec. 2014
So far so good - easy to use let's hope it does the job it's supposed to do. It's not going to happen over night but we'll give it a go. Have bought many other products over the years (to no avail) so will see if it lives up to my expectations as this was recommended by a work colleague.

70s Groove
70s Groove

5.0 out of 5 stars Down memory lane, 21 Dec. 2014
This review is from: 70s Groove (Audio CD)
A nostalgic reminder of how the music was of the 70's decade. Taking me back to my early teens of music played on the radio and at parties 😃 Would definitely recommend for a trip back to the flares, the picture shirts and not forgetting the platform shoes!!!

The Bonnie Raitt Collection
The Bonnie Raitt Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars What can one say????, 14 Dec. 2014
Bought this due to a radio presenter talking about Bonnie Raitt going in his Hall of Fame. Even though had heard of her over the years this is the first cd I have bought and listened to - didn't disappoint and will look at her other cds.

Universal Laser Lens Cleaner for CD Player & Car Stereo
Universal Laser Lens Cleaner for CD Player & Car Stereo
Offered by Consoletronic Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit hit and miss, 11 Dec. 2014
Arrived when said it would - excellent. Was the product any good? I bought this because it said it would clean all types of players. Put it in the CD player - top opener and had to use it twice - so no hassle there. When I went to put it a three CD player in the tray, one of the brushes came off (there were only two brushes on it to start with!!) so it could not be used as it wouldn't work in it - would I buy another one??? Debateable as it depends on whether the next one's brushes stay on longer than the the previous ones. I did look at more expensive ones than this one - it the description it did not say that it had only two brushes on it whereas others said that it did have eight brushes but it was for a DVD player which was not what I purchased this item for solely. Would have to think hard to which make I would purchase in future - even though I did research on how they worked and which make was the best to use.

White Lace and Promises (Debbie Macomber Classics)
White Lace and Promises (Debbie Macomber Classics)

3.0 out of 5 stars not one of her best, 6 Dec. 2014
Found the trials and tribulations up and down. One minute things were ok then two minutes later they are at logger heads with each other - very frustrating and which I felt marred the story somewhat!!! glen and Muffie are past friends and come to gather at their friend's wedding which for their own reasons they are not looking forward to. Things quickly progress and this is their story of getting to know each other with past relationships getting in the way. I felt very frustrated with the way their behaved and wanted to shake them both at various times to stop being so stupid with their emotions. Much prefer one of her longer books rather than some of her shorter stories as things seem to take time to build and then once half way through things are rushed to get the story finished.

Hotel Paradise (Kindle Single)
Hotel Paradise (Kindle Single)

2.0 out of 5 stars a quick read, 18 Nov. 2014
I was expecting a longer story as I didn't realise that it was a short story. I was expecting more of getting to know the characters more deeply than just a surface scratch. A longer story could have been more forthcoming rather than the rushed compress of it all. The time Gen and Paul spent in Paris, of the people and the places they went to. Their journey to the island and the Bonnet couple who lived at the hotel. I wanted to know more about their past life as well as why the hotel was run down the way it was. This story would have been given a better star rating if the story unfolded drawing you into it rather than the rushed feeling I was getting as I was reading it. It seemed to gather speed as I read through it to come to a conclusion at the end. I felt cheated on not knowing Simon and how he and Gen. Where did her path take her and how did she become successful? What happened to Paul in the intervening years? All the questions could have been explained and would have made a better, longer story than a short condensed version.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars what is all the hype about???, 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very hard going and one that didn't keep me hooked to keep turning the pages. I found it a chore to finish. I like a book to hook me by the first couple of pages - this did not happen. If a book has me hooked I like to read it whenever I am able to. This book I could put down and not pick up for days or a week! The characters of Nick, Amy, Go, Rand and others I did not like at all. I didn't feel any of them were a victim but all very self centred. I took a total dislike to all of them - why? I felt they were people that I would never like because of the way they behaved towards each other and the wY they acted. Why it has been made into a film I don't know - perhaps it makes a better film than a book - who am I to say? The reason I started to read this book was that everyone was reading it and saying how good it was. The bottom line of the whole thing is who can manipulate who and keep it up to get the life they feel they want and deserve. I'm glad that I finished the book even the end was disappointing, and I can now start something else at long last. Would I read another by Gillian Flynn? More than likely not!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9