Profile for lachbc > Reviews

Weekend in Paris
Weekend in Paris
by Robyn Sisman

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh so nearly . ., 18 May 2010
This review is from: Weekend in Paris (Paperback)
My first Robyn Sisman for a number of years; I remember reading her first few novels avidly and really enjoying them however there was something in this which I can't put my finger on, but which doesn't click! An enjoyable read nevertheless, and very descriptive (her description of Paris is excellent) but not quite a winning formula.

Getting Over Mr Right (Library Edition)
Getting Over Mr Right (Library Edition)
by Chrissie Manby

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 12 May 2010
Another Chrissie Manby classic in Getting Over Mr Right; plenty of opportunities to laugh out loud or sympathise with the main character. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this; looking forward to her next novel already!

The Lover
The Lover

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable and easy to read, 9 May 2010
This review is from: The Lover (Hardcover)
I've read a number of Amanda Brookfield novels to date and this certainly is one high up in the ranks. A thoroughly enjoyable read with a good pace to it which makes it in places difficult to put down!

Mummy Said the F-Word
Mummy Said the F-Word
by Fiona Gibson

4.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, 8 May 2010
This review is from: Mummy Said the F-Word (Paperback)
I've never read Fiona Gibson before but I definitely will be again! It was a very enjoyable read, with plenty of funny moments plus real-life snippets too.

Alice Alone
Alice Alone

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasing read, 4 May 2010
This review is from: Alice Alone (Paperback)
I've read a number of Amanda Brookfield to date now and it is clear that her writing has improved; Alice Alone is one of her earlier novels. Nevertheless this book can only be described as an enjoyable, pleasant read.

Changes
Changes
by Danielle Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars A tad predictable, 30 April 2010
This review is from: Changes (Paperback)
Another Danielle Steel classic in changes; I enjoyed it very much but knew by half way what the most likely ending would be! Nevertheless a good book which will leave you feeling that happiness is achievable after sadness.

Walls Of Glass
Walls Of Glass

3.0 out of 5 stars Topical for its time, 29 April 2010
This review is from: Walls Of Glass (Paperback)
I'm fast becoming a big fan of novels written by Amanda Brookfield; this one I believe was written back in the mid 1990s and reading it in 2010, it shows how much times have changed. Not my favourite Amanda Brookfield to date but it definitely hasn't put me off reading more of hers.

Wedding Tiers
Wedding Tiers
by Trisha Ashley

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful level of detail, 29 April 2010
This review is from: Wedding Tiers (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this novel; my second by Trisha Ashley. It was great that she bought back characters first met in A Winters Tale as well as introducing us to new ones.

Perfect Match
Perfect Match
by Jodi Picoult

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read by Jodi Picoult, 29 April 2010
This review is from: Perfect Match (Paperback)
This is my third Jodi Picoult read and I haven't been disappointed one bit. She isn't scared to tackle topical issues/sore subjects and I hope I enjoy her other novels as much as the others I've already read.

A Winter's Tale
A Winter's Tale
by Trisha Ashley

4.0 out of 5 stars Annoying in places, 13 April 2010
This review is from: A Winter's Tale (Paperback)
My first Trisha Ashley; I enjoyed it for sure and haven't been deterred (I've just ordered 2 more of her books!) but in places I found it surprisingly annoying. It took a while to get used to but was worth it in the end. Perseverence is the key with this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7