Profile for Tomas L Castro > Reviews

Dirty Harry Collection [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dirty Harry Collection [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dirty Harry Collection, 16 Aug. 2014
I purchased this collection in blue ray as an upgrade. I have been upgrading my favorite movies from my film library in blue ray if I can find a bargain. This Dirty Harry Collection was a real bargain in amazon.co.uk in british sterling pounds compared with US dollars in the amazon.com here in the US & images look brighter. The only flaw found is that these films are from the early 70's, the footage wasn't cleaned the way it was supposed to & shows dust particles in the master film as well as lines in some of the frames. I saw this too in the earlier James Bond films from the 60's as well. When you hear the "Restored & Re-Mastered" let the buyer beware(Caveat Emptor). Many of these old films are remasterd but footage is no really cleaned like they did with the Film "Cleopatra". It is one of a handful of old films of 60's & early 70's that did an outstanding job with the restoration. I know that if the "Criterion" people put their hands on the "Dirty Harry" collection they too will do an outstanding job with these films. I give the 5 stars because these are some of my favorite films & look better in blue ray than on DVD.

Walkabout [Blu-ray] [1971]
Walkabout [Blu-ray] [1971]
Dvd ~ Jenny Agutter

5.0 out of 5 stars The Walkabout from Nicholas Roeg, 16 Aug. 2014
I already had the DVD version from the Criterion Collection but decided to go for the upgrade in blue ray. This is what I call a true classic. In blue ray looks spectacular. I love it because it shows certain scenes in more detail. The images & the cinematography are really breathtaking. The price was also really good even in british sterling pounds. For those of you who like art & appreciate a film well done, this one is for you. Highly recommended.

The Longest Day - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray] [1962]
The Longest Day - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray] [1962]
Dvd ~ John Wayne

4.0 out of 5 stars The colorized version please!, 30 April 2014
I already have this movie on VHS. Why I don't have it on DVD or Blue Ray? Simple. I have the colorized version special edition made in 1994 for the 50th anniversary. I will buy it on blue ray as soon as it is available as a colorized version. How long do I have to wait for it? Can anybody tell me? In the meantime I will give it 4 stars simply because I love this movie, but will not buy it until it comes out as a colorized version. Ok?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 12:56 PM BST