Profile for N M Cameron > Reviews

N M Cameron

SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB 160 MB/s Compact Flash Memory Card - Black/Gold/Red
SanDisk Extreme Pro 32 GB 160 MB/s Compact Flash Memory Card - Black/Gold/Red
Offered by Cost-Dropper

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent card. Perfect for Magic Lantern on Canon EOS cameras., 25 Jan. 2016
The only cards I use in my Canon EOS5D Mk3. It's incredibly reliable and I have two of them. One is 32gb and the other is 64gb. I use them for all my stills but also for recording 14bit raw video with Magic Lantern. I have never had a dropped frame with these cards. Not once. The longest take I've shot in raw was 17707 frames, which was nearly 12 minutes in 1920 x 1080 at 25fps. Every frame came back as a beautiful DNG. I'm not even considering using any other cards and the next one I buy will be the same but probably at 128gb so I'll be able to shoot over 20 minutes on one card. If I had the money I'd get 4 x 256gb cards, but sadly I don't. If yours doesn't work perfectly then you've got a dodgy one because both of mine are faultless.

The Ultimate Guide to Method Acting: How to Make Your Acting Powerful, Authentic, Exciting and Moving
by Brian Timoney

5.0 out of 5 stars Why aren't all acting books like this?, 27 Oct. 2014
This is a new book but it's already jumped on to my list of acting essentials because it is excellent. Mr. Timoney's many years of experience, teaching and research really shines through and I'm excited that this isn't a collection of academic meditations or essays (as so many acting books are), but a 100% practical guide to making your work more creative and believable using the Method.

It's clear to me that Mr. Timoney really knows actors and what they need. Every exercise and idea is explained in succinct, conversational English. You will be told what you need to be doing and why, using examples from famous Method performances that we all know and love. That is so refreshing.

I've never had so much practical, usable, myth-busting advice for my acting from one book. It's my new secret weapon. Get it. Get it. Get it!

Pain and Gain
Pain and Gain
Dvd

2.0 out of 5 stars All the gear, but no idea., 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Pain and Gain (Blu-ray)
Michael Bay has been getting away with patchy scripts for years. However, with a smaller budget he can't bring in ILM and Hasbro to paper over the cracks. Pain and Gain suffers from a half-baked script, unsure performances, yoyo-ing tone (it gets genuinely nasty in one section) and, dare I say it, boring camera angles. Like Transformers 2 and 3 it's far too long as well. Seriously, Mr. Bay, your insistence on using multiple cameras has reduced your power. Coverage and cinema are not the same thing, and when you only have one camera then you need to make sure you put it in the right place. It's a shame because you can tell what the movie should have been like, and it could have been really good. This is Mark Kermode's turkey of 2013, and I agree with him. Biggest disappointment of the year.

True and False: Heresy and Common Sense for the Actor
True and False: Heresy and Common Sense for the Actor
by David Mamet

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for all actors., 6 Feb. 2014
Actors need this book because it does two things very well. First thing is it challenges the ideas you may have been taught while training and encourages you to think for yourself, rather than using the ideas of a particular practitioner or institution as a crutch. Secondly, it puts into words some of the feelings you may have had but didn't know how to describe. Heresy and Common Sense. If you've ever spouted garbage about the merits of one practitioner over another this book will also make you realize that you were talking like a douchebag ... and any book that lessens the number of douchebag actors in the world deserves special mention.