Profile for M. Brownson > Reviews

Content by M. Brownson

M. Brownson "Maria Brownson" (U.K)

Amazon Echo, Black
Amazon Echo, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars I just cannot get it to work, it wont ..., 26 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Amazon Echo, Black (Electronics)
I just cannot get it to work, it wont connect. I'm gutted as I was excited by getting this for xmas
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2016 10:36 AM GMT

My Rocky Road and Beyond
My Rocky Road and Beyond

5.0 out of 5 stars " what were the other families like? ' she said everyone experienced the same as ..., 13 Feb. 2016
My mum was born in Ireland and would be the same age as the author. She would tell me stories about her childhood and we use to be in disbelief, when we asked, " what were the other families like?' she said everyone experienced the same as her., no one knew any different, this story confirmed that. When I read this book, it made me cry quite a few times, I could link it with some of the awful situations she had experienced. When she wrote about her Grandad dying, I was sobbing, it was so well written that I felt I was experiencing it with her. This book is fantastic, helps you understand why a lot of the Irish came over to England in the 50's and how hard it was for them to adapt. I think this book is a fantastic read. I couldn't put the book down xx
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2016 8:18 PM GMT

Nothing to Envy: Real Lives in North Korea
Nothing to Envy: Real Lives in North Korea
by Barbara Demick

5.0 out of 5 stars true insight, 22 Feb. 2014
I can't believe how ignorant I was of North Korea, the lives they live is barbaric. The fear that they live in is unbelievable. I think this book captured a true reflection of life there. They are prone to hunger, depression, obsession, death. These North Koreans really do need rescuing. Heartbreaking but you can't put the book down..

Philips Senseo HD7814 Coffee Machine, Black
Philips Senseo HD7814 Coffee Machine, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars default batch, 31 Dec. 2007
I have just received a Senseo coffee maker and the water wouldn't boil, I phoned Philips up and they said that there has been faults within this make, therefore that may be the reason why the previous person who wrote the review may not be able to have a hot cuppa. If that makes sense.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2008 2:08 PM GMT

Suffer the Little Children: The Inside Story of Ireland's Industrial Schools
Suffer the Little Children: The Inside Story of Ireland's Industrial Schools
by Mary Raftery

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read!, 12 Sept. 2005
I had an auntie that was sent to one of these industrial schools that was mentioned in Dundalk around 1945/6. She only saw her father a few times and my mum would go and visit frequently, then they moved. I feel sick to the stomach that she obviously would have suffered as the rest of these unfortunate people did. This book is so well written, once you pick it up, you really cant put it down. The research that has been done is fantastic. I think it is right that the public get to know what went off by these animals that worked for god. I cant believe they looked down at these innocent children, they should be hung.