Profile for Judo Joe > Reviews

Judo Joe

The North Face Bones Beanie Cap - TNF Black, One Size
The North Face Bones Beanie Cap - TNF Black, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars The best beanie, 1 Jan. 2012
Really great product, it's warm, well made and it's a snug fit. The log isn't too intrusive either.
Just what you need for a cold winter's day.

Judo's Kano
Judo's Kano
Dvd ~ Jigaro Kano
Offered by kampf_kunst_videos_germany

1.0 out of 5 stars Kano Con, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Judo's Kano (DVD)
I began studying Judo in 1973 and Shotokan Karate in 1977, I have studied with many of the finest judo, karate and aikido sensei in the world. I have read and collected numerous books and videos on the martial arts and was eagerly awaiting the arrival of this dvd.

The first shock was that the playing time was stated as only 22mins (which in fact turned out to be 18mins), this didn't deter me too much I i thought I would be seeing the founder of judo in action for the first time.

The quality of the film was extremely poor, the clips jumped and the sound was a disgrace, I have produced a higher standard with my camera phone and my mac.

Kano's actual footage is only 4 minutes in total, and doesn't show anything that isn't available on you tube, there's no continuity and it contains random photos and video clips that aren't explained by the narrator, e.g. someone is shown taking out a scroll, containing calligraphy, but what is it? how old is it? what is its significance to Kano? etc.

Don't purchase this dvd, as in my opinion it does little to enhance your judo experience.

The start of the dvd shows other masters eg Kanazawa, Funakoshi, Eoneda, the cat, O sensei etc but if this judo dvd is representative of the standard of the others, then I won't be wasting my money on them.