Profile for V. M. Hall > Reviews

Content by V. M. Hall

V. M. Hall (Derbyshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Omron BF508 Body Composition and Body Fat Monitor Bathroom Scale - Black
Omron BF508 Body Composition and Body Fat Monitor Bathroom Scale - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 3 Mar. 2016
Easy to use.

Adjustable Aluminium Folding Walking Stick Pole 81-92cm
Adjustable Aluminium Folding Walking Stick Pole 81-92cm

2.0 out of 5 stars Too fragile, 3 Mar. 2016
Not tough enough. Fell to pieces when I tried to adjust the height.

Fool's Assassin (Fitz and the Fool, Book 1)
Fool's Assassin (Fitz and the Fool, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant novel., 9 Feb. 2016
Before reading this book I couldn't imagine what further adventures lay in store for Fitz. I expected to be disappointed when I compared it to the previous books in the series. How wrong I was! I was fascinated by being able to see into the mind of his new daughter. What an interesting character she is! I am so fond of her! There seems no end to the imaginative genius of this author.

OS X El Capitan For Dummies
OS X El Capitan For Dummies
by Bob LeVitus

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying if you can afford it., 31 Jan. 2016
A very useful book for someone new to an Apple computer but quite expensive.

Before The Frost
Before The Frost

5.0 out of 5 stars Linda Wallander is great!, 13 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Before The Frost (Kindle Edition)
I thought I might be disappointed if this book was more about Linda Wallander than her father but in actual fact I thoroughly enjoyed experiencing the personality of Wallander through Linda's eyes and learning a lot more about him. The plot was also very exciting.

LARGE SHEET MAGNIFIER / MAGNIFYING READING VISION AID
LARGE SHEET MAGNIFIER / MAGNIFYING READING VISION AID
Offered by Shop Inc

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 18 April 2014
I bought this for an elderly friend who is losing her sight but it did not magnify as much as I expected and it was difficult for her to handle it. It may be very useful for a younger, fitter person but not unless their loss of vision is only slight.

Seiko ER6700 Concise Oxford Dictionary/ Thesaurus/ Encyclopedia
Seiko ER6700 Concise Oxford Dictionary/ Thesaurus/ Encyclopedia

4.0 out of 5 stars A useful gadget, 13 Mar. 2014
This is the first electronic gadget of this type that I have used so I was a bit doubtful at first whether I would prefer it to all the reference books that I already own. In fact it is immensely useful. I can keep it handy by my side and it provides answers to most of the questions I wish to ask. I would prefer it to be slightly bigger as sometimes I find the type difficult to read but its other advantages compensate for that. It saves me a lot of time getting up to fetch the right reference book so I am very satisfied with it.

Started Early, Took My Dog: (Jackson Brodie)
Started Early, Took My Dog: (Jackson Brodie)

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 8 Mar. 2014
I love Kate Atkinson's books, especially the Jackson Brodie stories. They are so witty and the characters are always so interesting that they are difficult to put down once you start them. This one was a bit slow getting properly started and the ending was very frustrating as we have to wait for the next book for any of the mysteries to be solved but it was still far superior to most other detective stories I have read. I would certainly recommend it but read the previous stories in the series first as there are many references to earlier events.

When Will There Be Good News?: (Jackson Brodie)
When Will There Be Good News?: (Jackson Brodie)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant., 22 Nov. 2013
Absolutely brilliant. She has become my favourite writer because of her deep insight into people's emotions and her wit and humour. She is also very readable but erudite at the same time and she makes you want to keep on reading and never put the book down. I will definitely read more by this author.

Arab Summer (A Sasha Del Mira Thriller Book 3)
Arab Summer (A Sasha Del Mira Thriller Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars A Disappointing Read, 16 Nov. 2013
I love learning from novels about the lives of people in other countries so I had the wrong expectations from this book when reading that it was set in Saudi Arabia. This novel reads like the script for an American action movie. The dialogue is stilted and there is no real insight into the characters who seem completely unrealistic to me. It would suit someone who needs a lot of exciting action in a novel but not someone who prefers to look a bit deeper into life.

Page: 1 | 2