Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now
Profile for DerbyRob > Reviews

Content by DerbyRob

DerbyRob

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Bravado Nine Inch Nails - Now I'm Nothing Men's T-Shirt Grey Medium
Bravado Nine Inch Nails - Now I'm Nothing Men's T-Shirt Grey Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars No really, it's black!, 24 Feb. 2014
As many people have already commented, it is the writing which is grey while the T-shirt is black but I am very happy with it - it is under-stated and smart. I am a big fan of NIN but didn't want tour dates and all that malarkey on a T-shirt so this fits the bill perfectly! Well-made and good value too.

MENS COOLERS SLIPPERS WITH FUR CUFF (Small UK 7-8, Beige)
MENS COOLERS SLIPPERS WITH FUR CUFF (Small UK 7-8, Beige)
Offered by Footwear Sensation

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 19 Jan. 2014
Firstly, these are not UGG boots and they don't cost the price of a really superb pair of genuine fur-lined boots/slippers. However, they are good value for money, comfortable to wear and reasonably well made. I went for size 7 to 8 and as a size 8, they are snug but they do fit (just about) and they are only going to be worn around the house so I'm not overly worried about the fashion-stakes with this particular item. If you want a good value pair of slippers that keep your feet warm, get these - they're pretty ace!

Am-tech Award Winning Security Door Chain Lock
Am-tech Award Winning Security Door Chain Lock

5.0 out of 5 stars This provides peace-of-mind, 10 Jan. 2014
This is a great gadget which I ordered after we had a dodgy door-to-door salesman who wouldn't go away and then started banging on the window when we wouldn't buy his junk! I was having a big family meal at the time and it really upset me to think that if I hadn't been there, my wife and child might have been endangered by someone who could have over-powered them to gain entry into the house.

In truth, the hook is fairly loose unless you hold it in position as you open the door. However, the lock is really secure on the wall and the chain is long enough to see who is at the door without any problems. Therefore, it does the job which is all that matters to me.

Since moving into a house with a UPVC door (having previously lived in a house with an oak front door) I have been looking for a chain lock that is suitable and in this, I have found it. Great!

Hummel Technical X Short - Red, Large
Hummel Technical X Short - Red, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts - very comfortable, 10 Jan. 2014
The material is excellent quality and the broader waist-band allows you to fold them over which is far more comfortable in my view. The shorts fall quite low but are really comfortable and I like the silver and black mesh side panels - a great touch which goes really well with the top too!

Am-Tech Heavy Duty Leather Punch Plier
Am-Tech Heavy Duty Leather Punch Plier
Offered by Lotus Wholesale Prices

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and value for money, 10 Jan. 2014
I bought this because I've lost some weight but have some nice leather belts that needed another notch putting in; this device has saved me a fortune because the different sizes have allowed me to modify all my belts without any fuss. Also versatile for various outfits that my young lad will need for nativity plays, etc in the future.

Living with Jacko: From Touchline to Lifeline Alison and Peter Jackson
Living with Jacko: From Touchline to Lifeline Alison and Peter Jackson
by Harry Redknapp

5.0 out of 5 stars A great man and a touching story, 10 Jan. 2014
My father-in-law is a Lincoln fan and I bought him this for Christmas. He is really enjoying it and I think any football fan will enjoy his stories as both a player and a manager. However, most people will be aware of his well-documented health issues and this is what sets it apart from most football books. Recommended.

Hummel Technical X Short Sleeve Jersey - Red, Medium
Hummel Technical X Short Sleeve Jersey - Red, Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Still lovin the Hummels!, 10 Jan. 2014
I have loved the Hummel make since the great Denmark teams of the 80s with the Laudrup (brothers), Olsen, Sivebaek and co. For the record, I think it is scandalous that Denmark now wear Adidas instead of this great make because everything that I have bought which is made by Hummel has been well-made, stylish and excellent value for money. This is really well fitted and the matching shorts are also very smart. I am really pleased with the price that I paid too - what a bargain!

Pentel Energel XM Retractable Gel Pen with 0.7 mm Tip, 0.35 mm Line Width - Violet, Pack of 12

5.0 out of 5 stars These write very smoothly, 20 Nov. 2013
I like these pens a lot: they have a comfortable grip and the ink flows evenly and smoothly. They don't last forever so it is a good idea to get a 12 pack - this should last me 3 or 4 months so it represents good value for money. Recommended.

Lost
Lost

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed to be honest, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Lost (MP3 Download)
I own three or four Trentemoller albums and first discovered him after finding some remixes (e.g. Moby's 'Go'). Therefore, I was excited to see that he had a new release out and purchased it before really finding out anything about it. It may be a grower but I have been left feeling decidedly under-whelmed. I really wanted to like it but I feel that it is a bit too 'arty' and lacks the impact of previous albums. It feels 'clever' and 'experimental' and the guest singers add 'diversity' but none of these characteristics necessarily make it any good I'm afraid. I would still buy future Trentemoller albums but this is definitely not his finest hour in my personal opinion.

INNOCENTS
INNOCENTS
Offered by DVDMAX-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Moby's best album since 'Play', 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: INNOCENTS (Audio CD)
I am a loyal fan of Moby and have followed his work since developing an obsession with 'Go' and David Lynch's 'Twin Peaks'. I remember buying 'Play' before it became the monster album that most people own. In my view, 'Innocents' is his best work since then. In the past, some of his albums have been experimental and not very mainstream; others have felt a bit too techno and 'trendy' for NY night-clubs. This album has the odd mainstream track but is mostly melodic, calming and provides a classic sound. I would recommend the EP if you upgrade to the double CD because there are at least three tracks on there which are stand-out tunes. Pleasantly surprised!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2016 7:49 PM BST