Profile for Sharryg > Reviews

Content by Sharryg

Sharryg

NEW Craftwell eBosser CUT N BOSS Electric Die Cutting Machine Kit + Accessories!

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad I've got my Big Shot and Xpress still, 26 Nov. 2014
I thought it was just me! followed instructions enclosed and it wouldn't cut through the 'free' dies. Tried embossing with correct combination of plates and it cut through the embossing mat! Contacted the company email and just told me to follow instructions. It's going back. Glad I've got my Big Shot and Xpress still.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2016 9:38 PM BST

Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet Europe on a shoestring (Travel Guide)
by Lonely Planet

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Mar. 2013
I bought this book for my son who was planning a month long trip around Europe with a couple of friends. Great pressy with a pair of shoelaces and 10 euro note!! He has found it very useful and adjusted plans using some of the practical and detailed information within.

The New Anchor Book of Freestyle Embroidery Stitches: Techniques and Designs (The New Anchor Embroidery Series)
by Anchor Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent projects, 31 Mar. 2013
I bought this for some inspiration having just bought bought a free machine embroidery foor. I wasn't disappointed. Really interesting and easy to follow projects.

Embroidery Machine Essentials: How to Stabilize, Hoop and Stitch Decorative Designs
by Jeanine Twigg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 31 Mar. 2013
Excellent book for beginners and more experienced embroidery machine owners. I found so many useful tips and information to help and organise my projects. A very good buy

Temple Grandin
Temple Grandin
Dvd ~ Claire Danes
Offered by DVDMAX-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 31 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Temple Grandin (DVD)
I purchased this DVD on recommendation from a professional, whilst I found it an insight into Aspergers/autism it was very difficult for my son 22yrs Aspergers to follow, in fact he got bored with it after 30mins. I had to concentrate quite hard to pick up the details I was looking for. OK for professionals but not for family's.

Picture Piecing: Creating Dramatic Pictorial Quilts
Picture Piecing: Creating Dramatic Pictorial Quilts
by Cynthia England

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Nov. 2012
This book is truly amazing, the quilts which have been produced are so inspiring, although I don't envisage making a similar one I have enjoyed making some cards adapting the techniques used in this book. Maybe one day I'll attempt a quilt???
The instructions are easy to follow and the examples are so perfect, a great book for anyone interested in quilting/textile work.

Stitch, Cloth, Shimmer & Shine
Stitch, Cloth, Shimmer & Shine
by Sarah Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 18 April 2012
Being a more 'traditional textile worker' I was apprehensive about this buy, but it is truly inspirational and definately makes me 'step out of my little box'! I have recently invested in a machine embellisher and the ideas in this book have really helped that aspect of my creativity. Having met Sarah a couple of times it is so sad that this is a one only, it is just the tip of an iceberg in terms of her creative ideas, so sad. rip