Profile for MC > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Dust of Earth: A Fantasy Adventure: Episode One: Quest of the Guardians
Dust of Earth: A Fantasy Adventure: Episode One: Quest of the Guardians

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant:), 11 July 2016
Great fun! Really enjoyed it - fast paced and clever in an easily visualised world of magic and skulduggery. Looking forward to the next instalment.

Boys Don't Ride
Boys Don't Ride

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Boys Don't Ride (Kindle Edition)
This is brilliant!

The Liar
The Liar

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 May 2015
This review is from: The Liar (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this over a difficult weekend trying to move house.

WordPress For Dummies
WordPress For Dummies

3.0 out of 5 stars Get some code skills to get the max out of this., 19 April 2015
Well it did help set up my web sites but I don't have any code skills so this was a bit beyond me after the first few chapters at times and I had to buy online vdo training.
Now the sites are up I expect I will use this as I want to add more things and tweak them. This isn't a poor reflection on this book rather that WordPress etc require more code skills to set up usefully than they like to admit. Still with this, their own instructions and WP101 VDO content and Michael Hyatt.com instructions I did set up the sites - but I may be more of a Dummy than their imagined target reader and if you want to add to the basic WP Themes, Face Book buttons etc or header pictures etc then you need to get a book on basic code before you start - if you want a basic blog site with added pictures then this will help.

Citerna Ladies Hoop 9 ct Yellow Gold Earrings
Citerna Ladies Hoop 9 ct Yellow Gold Earrings

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not very well made., 16 April 2015
Of the1st pair one was bent shut and was impossible to open as clasp stuck shut when I opened the box. Amazon replaced them easily and quickly but initially I thought that the same thing had happened - the clasp on one was squeezed too tight again and as the rings are hollow it is very hard to widen the gap between the ends - which again on one was almost closed - let alone separate the catch - I managed to gently prize the catch wider and ease the thing apart. I can at least wear them but I expect they won't last very long as the metal will snap if bent. The other pair I got which were gold twisted wire are more durable feeling and also thay were both straight and sound out of the box. I don't have time to send these back again but I don't think I would recomend them as they seem clumsily made.

Fisheagle Bib & Brace M
Fisheagle Bib & Brace M
Offered by Glasgow Angling Centre

3.0 out of 5 stars If I can repair the knee wear for the rest of this winter easily I wold probably look to get some more but ..., 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Fisheagle Bib & Brace (Misc.)
Warm and snug and light to wear. But has already worn through on seams inside knees - after a couple of months use. I am 5ft2 and I probably could have done with a smaller size as they have had to be rolled up. If I can repair the knee wear for the rest of this winter easily I wold probably look to get some more but they will be too hot soon for general use around the farm.

Target Dry Outback Womens Full Length Rain Coat (Coffee Bean, UK12)
Target Dry Outback Womens Full Length Rain Coat (Coffee Bean, UK12)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for horse riding, 17 Nov. 2014
Too tube like for riding - does not fan out and cover saddle- sits more like cullottes as leg straps too low and it is yanked down - the flap bit is too long and not wide enough. This is a real shame as it is a well made coat and but for the cut of it would have been very comfy to ride in I should think - I had to send it back as even trying it on with my saddle slung between two chairs it was obvious it wasn't going to work out. The other aspect is the full zip - it has to unzip up to allow for the saddle and the zip just kep going up so I would have had to ride with it undone which of course scratches the saddle and legs badly.

Kindle Paperwhite 3G, 6" High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light, Free 3G + Wi-Fi

1.0 out of 5 stars After the old one this is really clumsy, 8 May 2014
I wanted this and it is very clumsy compared to the basic one I had with key board I was looking forward to the white page etc but with the grey writing I can hardly see it- so disappointing and no easy page turning just constant thumping of the screen- no library. Very disappointed indeed. My old one was in constant use and the screen broke last week. I havent taken this out in sunshine yet but I have a bad feeling about the grey text on the white if I can't see it indoors I doubt I will see it out there and yes the book text is black but the book list is grey and looks out of focus. Expenisive mistake I think..

Shires Flat Ring Mullen Mouth Eggbutt: 5.5"
Shires Flat Ring Mullen Mouth Eggbutt: 5.5"
Offered by Totally Tack

1.0 out of 5 stars It is 6", 5 Feb. 2014
Problem was it wasn't 51/2 and I had a lot of 'that has never happened' before comments and sugestions I might be measuring it wrong, that I had measured my horse's mouth wrong etc etc. In fact I ended up taking photo's etc and at that point I could have sent it back- I didn't as it wasn't worth the postage and fuel to get it to town and I donated it to a local charity. It is very unusual and wouldn't be the suppliers fault - it was even engraved as 5 1/2- it was just one of those things. What irked me was the implication I was seeing things or had come up with a convoluted reason for them to exchange it when they would have any way. Stuff happens.

Crown and Country: A History of England through the Monarchy
Crown and Country: A History of England through the Monarchy

1.0 out of 5 stars Diagrams unreadable on Kindle- Again!, 21 Jun. 2013
Very cross - the diagrams do not diplay on the Kindle or on my Knidle for PC. something I have noticed with great annoyance lately in other purchases- If you are going to sell books in this format it really isn't good enough if they don't work correctly and as of now each time this happens I will take the time to point it out- if I bought a new book from a shop and the opening pages were torn out I would take it back...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2015 7:43 PM BST