Profile for Dicko > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Vango Cocoon 250 Treetops sleeping Bag - Green
Vango Cocoon 250 Treetops sleeping Bag - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm and roomy sleeping bag., 31 Aug. 2015
I bought this for a recent camping trip with my son and I have to say it is great! I love the fact that it is a bit larger than normal as I don't like to be restricted too much in a sleeping bag, there's plenty of room to move around. I used it during the summer and it was a bit too warm, but it was easy to unzip and let a bit off air in. It comes in a handy bag which is easy to fit the sleeping bag into and it packs into a relatively small size, but because it is a larger bag, it may be a bit too large for carrying with you if you were on foot, it's more of a 'chuck it in the car' type of bag, but very comfy with a nice soft lining. The colour does remind me of avocado bathroom suites from the 70's which is a bit of a put off, but hey, I'm asleep in it, I don't notice the colour!

Wenger WA-7657-14 Legacy 14.1 Inch Double Laptop Case
Wenger WA-7657-14 Legacy 14.1 Inch Double Laptop Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this case, it has lots of storage space., 31 Aug. 2015
This is a really nice laptop case. My previous Wenger case just didn't have enough room for all my stuff. This one on the other hand has 3 compartments. One for the laptop (which is really well padded), one for notepads or other bits and the front compartment which has lots of places to store things like phones and stationary etc.

It is really well made too, and looks very professional and smart so is ideal for my work.

SanDisk SDDRK-121-B35 MobileMate Duo(Adapter+USB Reader for microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC Card)
Offered by Mega Buyer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Micro SD adaptor bundle., 31 Aug. 2015
I lost my Micro SD adaptor so decided to play it safe and buy a branded replacement. I'm glad I did, as with this SanDisk adaptor you get a normal sized SD adaptor as well as a USB sick that you can just plug a micro card into. Both work absolutely perfectly and at least if I lose one of them, I still have a means of getting files onto my computer. For the money, this is great value too.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 1.8 m (6 ft) - White
AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 1.8 m (6 ft) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made slightly longer cable, works a treat!, 9 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazon kindly gave me this cable to review and I think it's excellent. It works perfectly with my iPhone and iPad and is slightly longer than the Apple cables which is a plus for me. It is well made and sturdy enough but the cable is slightly thicker and less flexible than the Apple cables, so it is not as easy coil up and store, but apart from that, it's an excellent cable.

Jolt: Shake Up Your Thinking and Upgrade Your Impact for Extraordinary Success
Jolt: Shake Up Your Thinking and Upgrade Your Impact for Extraordinary Success
by Richard Tyler

3.0 out of 5 stars Yoda quotes in a business book, whatever next..., 4 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, but some key business people were raving about it so I took Amazon up on their offer of a free read and ordered it. Richard presents some interesting ideas and it did get me thinking about what I do in my job, however, I just did not get on with his style of writing and (like others here have mentioned) found it quite irritating. Richard uses capitalised words on nearly every page to emphasise key points. This just becomes really tiring and irritating, I'm not a child and this book is not aimed at children so why use so many capitals?

Oh, and there is actually a quote from Yoda (the small green Jedi from Star Wars) in the book. At that point I couldn't take what he was writing seriously any more.

All Seasons Gazebos, 2x2m Heavy Duty, Fully Waterproof, PVC Coated, Premium Pop Up Gazebo With 4 x 100% waterproof Side Panels (Same quality as the roof) + Carry Bag with wheels and 4 x leg weight bags (Choice of Colours)
Offered by Rohen Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Really well made and sturdy gazebo which is easy to put up and take down., 27 July 2015
This is a really neat Gazebo. It is very easy to put up and once erected it is very sturdy. The side panels are easy to fit, you zip them together and there is velcro at the top to attach to the roof section. What I like the most is that it is so easy to take down. You just remove the side panels and squeeze it together and it's done. It looks the part too. It does not look cheap and nasty, you can tell that it is a quality gazebo. I love it.

Philips AquaTouch S5420/06, Wet and Dry Men's Electric Shaver with SmartClick Precision Trimmer

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice shaver which can be used to have a wet shave with foam etc, 27 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was kindly given this shaver by Amazon to review. I have used electric shavers for years now and have sort of got used to them. To be fair, this Philips shaver performs very similarly to my other Philips shaver that cost about £30, so for the money, in my opinion, you're not getting leaps in performance. Using the shaver, you do have to stick with it to get a good close shave and it will take a bit longer than having a wet shave. What I did really like though was the fact that it can be used with shave creams/gels/oils etc and in the shower. This makes it more like having a wet shave and it leaves your skin feeling a lot more supple. The trimmer head is a nice addition too, you just un-clip the shaver head and click the trimmer on in its place and you have a neat trimmer.

All in all, it does a good job if you persevere, but it's great to be able to use it to have a wet shave with foam etc.

GILDA Perfect Eye Cream
GILDA Perfect Eye Cream

3.0 out of 5 stars I particularly liked the applicator (which has four small holes to dispense ..., 9 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don’t normally use an eye cream as part of my skincare regime however have reached an age when additional eye care is required. The product is expensive for a 15ml tube but the applicator at the tip of the tube ensures that only the right quantity is dispensed. I particularly liked the applicator (which has four small holes to dispense the cream) to spread the cream evenly under each eye. The texture is just right – creamy yet soaks into the skin quickly and the area feels soft to touch and moisturised for hours after application. It’s also nice to have an unperfumed product when applying so close to your eyes. I haven’t routinely used it twice a day as recommended but have nevertheless certainly noticed a reduction in the dark under eye circles. Despite only a 15ml tube it seems to be going a long way.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars After a day of searching for bits, I managed to get it lit - it is great when you eventually do though., 25 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Amazon kindly gave me this patio heater to review and I have to admit, I am a complete novice when it comes to portable gas appliances, so I am hoping my review will assist other people wanting to delve into the world of gas patio heaters but have no experience of them!

Upon receiving the box, I could see that it had been upside down during transit as the address label was on the bottom! When I opened the box, one of the screws from the burner unit had come loose and dropped out (I managed to locate it in the box). The instructions were ok and easy to understand but in a bit of a strange order.

The unit comes un-assembled, there's 4 main bits, the base with the wheels (they're already attached), the gas canister housing and the door, and finally the burner unit. It is all pretty straightforward to assemble, however, it is not really a one person job, I had to get my wife to hold the burner unit while I put the bolts in, unless you lay it on its side, I’m not sure how you would do this bit on your own. It took about 30 minutes for me to get it all assembled.

As I said, I am a complete novice when it comes to portable gas appliances and did not have a Calor gas canister. This is where I started to hit a few issues! Firstly (and it does mention this is the product listing, but you have to look closely) it does not come with a low pressure gas tube or a regulator. I can understand about the regulator as the burner can use either butane or propane so it would be silly to provide one of each if you only wanted to use butane for example. However, to not supply a gas hose with the correct attachment so you can hook up your cylinder to the burner turned out to be very annoying. It doesn't even explain in the instructions what sort or size of connecting nozzle you need to connect your hose to the burner - this was really frustrating!

So, off I went to the local garden centre to get my Gas canister. Went for the 12 KG butane with regulator, this came to £40 deposit and about £35 for the gas, the regulator was £10 and the gas tube £3. I got home and then realised that there was no way I was going to fit the 8mm gas tube onto what appeared to be a screw fitting on the burner unit. Measured it and went back to the garden centre, they did not stock what I needed! So I went to a local camp site and luckily they had one, £5.

Got home and managed to get it all hooked up. After all of that, it worked a treat. It is easy to ignite and is very effective. It is a really nice heater, it is well made from stainless steel and really kicks out some heat, and with the wheels, it is easy to move about when you want to put it away after use. If they had just taken a bit more time to explain in the instructions what type of connector you need etc, it would have been a great product, but it took me most of one of my days off to get this thing lit which is never going to be a good user experience.

To summarise for any other novices out there, here's what you will need to buy:

- Butane or propane gas canister.
- Butane or propane regulator
- 8mm or 10mm Gas tube (with 2 jubilee clips)
- 'Fulham nozzle to 1/4" BSP left hand female connector' to attach your gas tube to the burner

Please Ultranatura, include the 'Fulham nozzle to BSP female connector' at least (or explain that you will need one in the instructions!) to give those that don't have one the ability to be able to use it!

Overall, a very frustrating customer experience, but once you've got everything, it's a great patio heater, it is really effective and looks great.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2015 11:46 AM BST

HP Wireless Z3200 Mouse - White
HP Wireless Z3200 Mouse - White

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple mouse that does the job:, 11 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was given this by Amazon to review and it's pretty good to be honest. I currently use it with my work laptop and as soon as I plugged it in it has worked flawlessly. At first it was a bit sensitive, so I turned down the pointer speed and it works well now. It works on all sorts of surfaces from wood, metal and even fabrics. The only downside to me was that the scroll wheel does not scroll left and right which can be useful for scrolling left and right through spreadsheets etc.

It's comfortable to hold and use as well, but the white colour may not be to everyone's taste.

All in all though, this is a cost effective simple mouse that does a good job.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20