Profile for Lynn's Waffles > Reviews

Content by Lynn's Waffles

Lynn's Waffles "Lynn Heiden" (Beaminster, Dorset)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Military Photographs and How to Date Them (Family History)
Military Photographs and How to Date Them (Family History)
by Neil Storey

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must have reference book, 8 May 2017
Great reference book for me, as I am a collector of old photos 👍 Lots super info on Military Pics 😃

The Blood Detective: A Genealogy Serial Killer Thriller (Blood Detective Series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, shame about mistakes, 8 May 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it kept me totally absorbed right to the last page ! I would have given it five stars, but for the fact that it had some mistakes ☹️ One of my pet hates when reading a book ! Good proof reader needed ! Even spelt the main character Nigel's name wrong at beginning of Ch 23 ...Nogel !!😕For me mistakes really distract from the story. But am looking forward to the next one out soon...Hope there's NO mistakes this time !!

On a Day Like Today
On a Day Like Today

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 15 Feb. 2017
Another interesting book from this author & enjoyed reading BUT don't people get proof readers ? Another book with mistakes, not many, but it irritates me greatly !! Please check it before you publish !!!

The Broken Bough
The Broken Bough

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class, 20 Jan. 2017
This review is from: The Broken Bough (Kindle Edition)
All Nicola Thorne books are a joy to read, and this one is no exception. Looking forward to part two now. Super story by a great writer and I love that it's set in Dorset again, around where we live. Perfect !

Sleeping Dogs II
Sleeping Dogs II

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read book !, 10 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Sleeping Dogs II (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't wait to read this part two of Sleeping Dogs & it certainly didn't disappoint. In fact I spent the whole day reading it from start to finish..it was that good ! And no mistakes either, so that was brilliant. Highly recommended

Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 7 Jan. 2017
This review is from: Sleeping Dogs (Kindle Edition)
Excellent is not enough to say about this book, so hard to put it down, you have to keep reading ! Can't wait to read the exit one !! Just wish there hadn't been the errors, needs proofreading ! But otherwise perfect !!!

The Marriage Certificate
The Marriage Certificate

5.0 out of 5 stars Super read !!, 13 Dec. 2016
What a great read, thoroughly enjoyed this book & following the trail..Its what I do with my old photos I find & collect, if they have names. I half suspected the ending, so was really pleased to see ! I won't spoil it for others to read, just to say that it's a great story !

The Cuckoo Clock (A Madeleine Porter Mystery)
The Cuckoo Clock (A Madeleine Porter Mystery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting better, 22 Nov. 2016
Way better than the first book by this Author....Lets hope the books continue to improve...I enjoyed the story much more this time...But the writing & telling of the story is still amateurish...Great not to have all the mistakes like the first book though !!!!

Family Shadows
Family Shadows

3.0 out of 5 stars Very amateur, 16 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Family Shadows (Kindle Edition)
The basic story wasn't too bad, even though very far fetched. But the way it was written & the characters & situations were so simply described..A very amateur job..shame

Three Times Removed (Maze Investigations - The Genealogy Detectives Book 1)
Three Times Removed (Maze Investigations - The Genealogy Detectives Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have been 5🌟but for errors!, 16 Nov. 2016
This book is a brilliant read, great slant on a genealogy mystery ! I loved it. The characters are great & I'm looking forward to reading more. But why only 4 stars? Maybe it's just me being particularly fussy .....but the errors in the book, words together etc etc irritated me no end..& slightly spoilt the read for me.
Only hope they get a good proof reader for the next one ! They certainly need it !!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5