Profile for C. J. Spencer > Reviews

Content by C. J. Spencer

C. J. Spencer (Leicester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black
Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 22 April 2016
Couldn't believe the sound quality for the price! Not 'tinny' at all, with very good bass levels. Very comfortable and hopefully they will last quite a while. Much prefer the style of these to the other (and nowadays more common) in-ear earphones which you have to push right in, which is usually uncomfortable for me.

Would purchase again.

Cathedrals EP
Cathedrals EP

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Promising, 20 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Cathedrals EP (MP3 Download)
After discovering these on Youtube, I proceeded to purchase the EP. What a great decision that was - every song is fantastic. I look forward to their first album release!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for my Wii U, 21 Oct. 2014
Enables me to plug my Wii U into my PC monitor. There is a seperate 3.5mm slot on this adapter enabling you to offload the audio to either a speaker system or (if your pc sound card allows) to your PC.

Very happy with it.

Fractal Design Define R4 PC Case - Black/Pearl
Fractal Design Define R4 PC Case - Black/Pearl
Offered by Bora-Computer GbR

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PC case, 22 Feb. 2014
I have had this case for a few months now. It is extremely well built and feels very solid. Ample room inside the case so perfect for building your computer, it will take any size graphics card (and I know some are quite large), along with custom CPU coolers if you wish. I did purchase an additional front fan (140mm, around £10 currently) so it has two for intake instead of the one. I also removed the side panel cushion just so it had improved air flow. There is a front filter (covering the front fan/s) and a filter underneath. Both filters simply slide out and can be cleaned very easily. Even after a few months, there is little to no dust inside the case, which is quite impressive. I took out the middle hard drive rack as I didn't need it - the bottom one housed 3 hard drives, which is the exact number I had. Either of these racks can be removed though, which increases air flow.

The case has a very sleek look and even though I didn't specifically require a 'quiet case', it is still quieter than any case I've had previously, even at the highest fan setting (there's 3 to choose from, I just leave it on the highest for best intake). Yes this is a more pricier case but when you compare it with ones like Corsair Carbide 400R, it is not only cheaper but much better quality too. Obviously, if flashy LEDs are your thing then this probably isn't the case for you. Only the power button is illuminated blue.

Overall I am extremely happy with this case - it is minimal, perfect to build in and extremely well built. It should last me a long time which is great.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sharkoon Rush Headset
Sharkoon Rush Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars More than expected for £13!, 7 Aug. 2013
Needed a headset for gaming on pc. For £13 the headset is fantastic - microphone is very clear, headset is comfortable enough and overall for £13 the quality is excellent. Music wise it is slightly on the heavy bass side.. but for £13 these aren't really meant to be for long music listening sessions!

Neat little pouch with them too. Would definitely recommend.

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black
Nintendo Wii U 32GB Premium Pack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii U still great 6 months on.., 26 April 2013
I bought the Wii U on release date. Console's are never perfect especially when they have just launched. 6 months on...

Games are now starting to come out. Nintendo also has many games planned for the second half of 2013. Some of these include Mario Kart U, Super Smash Bros, 3d Mario and many more.

As of today there has been a second OS update, improving load times, options and many tweaks.

The Wii U is a joy to use, the off-tv play is brilliant and I would definitely recommend it. I've always wanted Nintendo to have a HD capable console, and here it is.

1st Anniversary Me to You Bear Card
1st Anniversary Me to You Bear Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 7 April 2013
Card arrived, much better than expected. Quite large too. Well worth the price.

Not much more I can say than that really...

Bruiser
Bruiser
Offered by groove_temple

5.0 out of 5 stars Every track is just spectacular, 8 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Bruiser (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed The Duke Spirit's previous two albums. When Bruiser came out I bought it straight away, and it is by far my favourite out of them all. Every single track is polished to perfection. I know I will be listening to it for years to come. A must buy!

Without Why
Without Why

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I purchased this - quality album!, 5 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Without Why (MP3 Download)
I too discovered Rose through Mark Ronson & The Business Intl. Let's face it, she's the best thing about the band! I had to research her after falling in-love with tracks like 'You Gave me Nothing' and 'Hey Boy' (from the album 'Record Collection'). So it leads me here, I was thrilled to see she had other albums and I purchase "Without Why". I was not disappointed!

The opening track "Start/Stop/Syncro" begins with a haunting yet genius keyboard sound, followed by her soothing and chilling voice, complimenting the track beautifully. Other tracks which I've fallen in love with after a few listens: "Find Me Out" is such a simple, dreamy - yet lyrically powerful track. "Carry On" has a more rockier edge with the guitar and faster drum track, sounding brilliant. "Another Version of Pop Song" is very up-beat, full of great rhythm and again, great keyboards. "Fallen Over" is very catchy and perfectly paced. "May Holiday" stood out instantly for me, and is possibly my favourite track on the album, the lyrics are great, instruments perfect, inspirational - a stand out track and a perfect way to finish the album.

Definitely recommend purchasing "Without Why"! Probably the best album I've discovered this year and I will definitely be keeping an eye on Rose's upcoming material in the future.

Kswiss Men's Classic Lp P Vnz Trainer
Kswiss Men's Classic Lp P Vnz Trainer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trainers!, 18 Jun. 2012
These trainers are great. They go very well blue dark or light coloured jeans. Long lasting and durable too. I really like the style.

Page: 1 | 2