Profile for S. Barrell > Reviews

Content by S. Barrell

S. Barrell "S.Barrell" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Shit Happens So Get Over It (Humour)
Shit Happens So Get Over It (Humour)
by .

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 27 July 2011
I bought this as a present but ended up wanting to keep it. The quotes are brilliant! More applicable than the original 'keep calm and carry on' book.

Introducing Psychology: A Graphic Guide to Your Mind and Behaviour  (Introducing...)
Introducing Psychology: A Graphic Guide to Your Mind and Behaviour (Introducing...)
by Nigel Benson

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed.., 27 July 2011
I hate the way that information is presented. I didn't realise it would be quite so cartoon(y) etc. If you are a visual learner then this book may be more suited to your learning preference. If an auditory learner - stay well clear!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2012 10:15 PM GMT

The Tennis Party
The Tennis Party
by Madeleine Wickham

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed.., 27 July 2011
This review is from: The Tennis Party (Paperback)
I really expected a little more from this book. As an author I didn't like Sophie's way of writing. That's probably more personal preference. I'd rather sit down with a Cathy Kelly book!

Understand Psychology: Teach Yourself
Understand Psychology: Teach Yourself
by Nicky Hayes

4.0 out of 5 stars A great insight., 27 July 2011
This was a great introduction to psychology. However, I did find myself only having the time to read a few pages at once as I was trying to concentrate and didn't have the time to sit down and give it the attention I needed to. I wouldn't recommend if you are wanting a short easy read. That's only my opinion though.

The Perfect Holiday (Quick Reads (Harper))
The Perfect Holiday (Quick Reads (Harper))
by Cathy Kelly

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect introduction, 27 July 2011
I bought this book (not because I am scared of reading) but to introduce me to the author more than anything and to get a feel for her writing. I read this in 20 minutes and soon jumped online to buy other Cathy Kelly novels.

Keep Calm & Carry On Bookmark (Beaded Bookmark)
Keep Calm & Carry On Bookmark (Beaded Bookmark)
by Peter Pauper Press
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Used many times., 27 July 2011
As a famous 'Keep Calm and Carry On' sucker. This is another product that has been more than useful from the range. Would highly recommend.

Magoo 247 Keep Calm and Carry On Novelty Magnetic Car Tax Disc Holder - MOT Licence Parking Permit Holder

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 27 July 2011
I'm a suck for the 'Keep Calm and Carry On range'. This product is one of my favourite things bought for my car - however it can be a little fiddly if you are OCD and over-precise about the positioning of the tax disc.

BTEC National Health and Social Care: Book 2: Student Book Bk. 2 (BTEC National Health and Social Care 2007)
by Beryl Stretch

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference, 25 April 2010
Although only some unit's are in the 2nd Book! It is a brilliant reference and just reassures you that you are heading in the right direction with your coursework.

The Official DSA Complete Learner Driver Pack (Valid until 2011)
The Official DSA Complete Learner Driver Pack (Valid until 2011)

5.0 out of 5 stars Without this package - I would have failed royally, 25 April 2010
A great investment in order to ensure reassurance that you will pass your theory. Practising each questions shows you the majority of the questions that will come up on your theory. Also the hazard perception CD-rom was absolutely fantastic and was a great help in showing where hazards are and the scores you get. Following buying this pack I got 47/50 for my theory and 55/75 for my hazard perception. Fantastic investment!

Know your traffic signs (Driving Skills)
Know your traffic signs (Driving Skills)
by Great Britain: Department for Transport

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - helped a lot!, 25 April 2010
I found this book went into a lot more depth than the highway code does and it covers a lot more signs - some that you won't come across on your day-to-day life like toad crossings! But otherwise brilliant! Also the further help about motorways and trams!

Page: 1 | 2