Profile for Mr. P. Kennedy > Reviews

Mr. P. Kennedy

Seagate ST3000DM001 Barracuda 3000 GB Internal
Seagate ST3000DM001 Barracuda 3000 GB Internal

1.0 out of 5 stars Seagate Suck, 6 Mar. 2017
Bought 2 off these a couple of years back and already one has failed. These specific drives have a knowen manufacturing flaw which Seagate will not compensate its customers for due to small print in there warrenty ! Ive been lead to believe there is an inconsistiency in the surface of the platters which leads to preamature wear and failure of the drive or possiabally the heads. There are hufe numbers of failures on this drive. Contact a Hard Drive Data Retrieval Company to ask their opinion on this drive and they will just laugh ! THis drive is one off their biggest earners ! THey love seagate for it !

Pillar Drill Press Vice 2½" 63mm
Pillar Drill Press Vice 2½" 63mm
Offered by tooltime uk ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it., 8 Oct. 2016
Utter Rubbish. Avoid at all costs and invest in Record or similair vice

Engineers Black Book (Data Sheets, Formulae, Reference Tables, Equivalent Charts)

1.0 out of 5 stars RIP OFF> £19. 95 on E-Bay. Id say ..., 8 Aug. 2016
RIP OFF> £19.95 on E-Bay. Id say £10 - £15 is about the mark however for such a small book.

Notebooks
Notebooks

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable App thats a little light on features, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Notebooks (App)
OK i don't have a lot of time. I cant fault the app . Works well. Could do with some more features. Haven't been able to toggle the speaker to read the notes back to me yet :/ Also would have liked to import my own notebook covers or graphic for them ! I recommend the app however as its simple and intuitive but lacking a few features. Gets the job done though!

Gumtree
Gumtree

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Enough Configuration Options !, 5 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Gumtree (App)
I actually liked GumTree. Its no hassle interface is good but you cant narrow your search to just a country rather than a county.

CD Wallet Holds 48, Black
CD Wallet Holds 48, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars CD Wallet Review, 26 Mar. 2011
The wallet was quickly delivered and as described. Does the job fine. Only niggle is the plastic film which is heat stapled to the anti scratch fibre which then comprises the 'pocket' is a little flimsy and easy to tear. Also the pockets have to be 'opened' as the slot which allows you to slide the cd in and out had not been opened correctly. The film was perforated but the 'slot' had not been removed. In doing this myself i managed to tear one or two of the plastic film fronts. For the price however you cant go wrong. Just a little care is needed.

Akasa AK-ALL-02SL AllinOne2 Control Panel for 5.25 PC Bay
Akasa AK-ALL-02SL AllinOne2 Control Panel for 5.25 PC Bay

3.0 out of 5 stars Akasa All In One 5.25" PC Bay, 25 Aug. 2010
The only reason I bought this item http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001KZH6DI/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title is because I needed microphone and headset jack on the front of my PC case as it didn't have this as standard. However I thought that the extra ports may prove useful which to a degree they have. The temp sensors and display are in my opinion a bit of a gimmik but my prove useful to over-clockers or players who want to bling their PC's up. I don't.

Ok the PROS. Well packaged, all the cables you would ever need and a guide to connect everything up. Your Motherboard Manual is also useful here though !

The CONS. Mine was a little tight in getting it to fit my 5.25 bay. Also the card reader slots are a little fiddly and poorly labelled so some are difficult to differentiate between.The door catch is poorly placed so it only works if you press on that corner to open/close the door as if you press anywhere else on the door it fails to open/close. There's a knack to it though. A mute button for your mic and a volume control for your headphones would have been nice but I solved this lack of forethought by purchasing a new headset with this functionality included but for the panels price I thought this should have been included considering every CD/DVD drive on the planet has this as standard practically and as it didnt I was driven to add to my cost by purchasing a headset I wouldnt have needed otherwise.

Overall This panel does all its supposed to. I like the fact that I can close the door if I wish to hide he ugly sockets and slots but in reality I rarely do so the door is more of a hindrance than anything else but cheaper models just look very cheep ! The door however as mentioned isn't very nice in its operation and the whole feel of this panel is plasticy and cheep.

Overall it works but is too expensive compared to Chinese models on ebay but I shouldn't compare as I haven't used them !