Profile for Simon Haven > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
GHB 8x21 Binocular Mini Telescope Folding Binocular
GHB 8x21 Binocular Mini Telescope Folding Binocular

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent bargain binoculars, 29 Jun. 2016
These are tiny, very convenient for taking on trips or on holiday. The optical quality is reasonable but not amazing but, for what they cost, they're a real bargain. They come with a little pouch you can seal them in.

Logitech Z120 Laptop Speakers 3.5mm USB Rechargeable
Logitech Z120 Laptop Speakers 3.5mm USB Rechargeable

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice speakers for the price, 29 Jun. 2016
Good quality sound and very compact. Excellent for the price.

Note that these are USB-powered so they'll steal a USB port, which may or may not bother you.

Mens Dunlop Black Wellies Wellington Welly Rain Boots Size 11
Mens Dunlop Black Wellies Wellington Welly Rain Boots Size 11
Offered by Footwear Sensation

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit heavy but very good for the price, 29 Jun. 2016
For the price, these are excellent, you can't argue with it. They're quite heavy and I wouldn't want to be going for any long walks with them but I bought them to use at music festivals in case it all gets a bit "Glasto" and for that they'll be just fine. I'm going to put a pair of comfortable insoles in as the comfort level is basic, as you might expect for such a low-priced welly.

I haven't actually tried these in the rain/mud - if they leak I'll be back to update my review!

Bodum Kenya 3 Cup Coffee Maker Black - 0.35L
Bodum Kenya 3 Cup Coffee Maker Black - 0.35L

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cafetiere for when you just want a mug of coffee, 29 Jun. 2016
I had a similar Bodum cafetiere which I used for years to make coffee at work, unfortunately the glass finally broke so I ordered this one for fast delivery (thank you Prime!). Usual excellent Bodum quality, I found the filter is much more effective than my old one and I get a great cup of coffee from it.

For those wondering - as I was - how big 0.35L is, you get one large mug or 2 smallish cups out of this.

Vinyl Gloves Powder Free 100pk Large-NEW
Vinyl Gloves Powder Free 100pk Large-NEW
Offered by cutesale

3.0 out of 5 stars Good - but smaller than expected, 6 April 2016
Unless I have very very large hands (I'm 6'2" and male, so perhaps), these tend more to the Medium end of the size range. It was a bit of a squeeze to get them on. Apart from that they seem good.

Chrome Rod Lever Pop Up Slotted Sink Waste Modern Brass Bathroom Plug
Chrome Rod Lever Pop Up Slotted Sink Waste Modern Brass Bathroom Plug
Offered by iBathUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job - good quality replacement waste, 6 April 2016
Exact replacement for the existing waste - very quick & simple to replace. Seems good quality, time will tell.

Push and Grip Triple Tea Towel Holder (Pack of 1)
Push and Grip Triple Tea Towel Holder (Pack of 1)
Offered by Sky&land

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, works perfectly, 6 April 2016
This is great! The rubber grips really do the job the way towel holders used to in the old days. I had one with plastic grips before and after a while they stopped holding the towels properly and cracked. I reckon this one will last for a good long time.

Manrose QF100T Quiet Extractor Fan with Timer for 4"/100mm Duct
Manrose QF100T Quiet Extractor Fan with Timer for 4"/100mm Duct

4.0 out of 5 stars Good extractor, not as quiet as hoped, 6 April 2016
Easy replacement for existing extractor (different make). The instructions were clear and easy to follow, not that they were really needed because the wiring was the same.

The only criticisms I have are:
- it's not that silent, based on the description and other reviews here I was expecting more of a "whisper" fan but this sounds as loud as the old one
- the whole way you set the timer seems a bit weird - you can choose 1 min but the next step up is something like 5 or 10 min, I wanted to set it to 2 or 3. But I knew that when I bought it so it's not a complaint, just something I think they could do better.

When setting the timer I wasn't really sure whether I'd set it to the right time, the only way to find out is to turn the switch on & off again and sit there waiting! It's not very obvious in the place where you set it.

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker

2.0 out of 5 stars So-so coffee - don't know what all the fuss is about, 6 Feb. 2016
After all the rave reviews I expected the coffee coming out of this to be mind-blowingly good. But I wasn't really that impressed. It tasted like high quality instant, using my favourite ground coffee which works so well in either a cafetiere or a moka pot.

I guess what I'm missing is a bit of body. This filters the coffee very well but it's not to my taste unfortunately. Sorry to all those Aeropress fans.

On a positive note, it's pretty simple to use and is really easy to clean up!

Crucial BX100 250 GB SATA 2.5 inch Internal Solid State Drive - Grey
Crucial BX100 250 GB SATA 2.5 inch Internal Solid State Drive - Grey
Offered by Sense Group

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, easy to set up, 6 Feb. 2016
Really simple to install. I followed instructions I found on the internet to transfer my entire existing Windows setup from my old hard disk drive onto this (I had to move some stuff off it because it was larger than the capacity of this SSD).

Started up & ran perfectly first time. It has made the PC faster to boot and generally improved performance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5