Profile for Catherine Clark > Reviews

Content by Catherine Clark

Catherine Clark

The Devil's Cup: A Medieval Mystery (A Hawkenlye Mystery)
The Devil's Cup: A Medieval Mystery (A Hawkenlye Mystery)
by Alys Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite series, 20 Jun. 2017
I have read this series since the very beginning, eagerly anticipating each new tale in the lives of Josh and Helewise. In reading this, the final Hawkenlye novel, I found myself in a dichotomy - wanting to voraciously read the story and find out how the series would end on the one hand whilst at the same time not wanting to have finished this last book too quickly! thank you again Elizabeth for these wonderful characters and sense of time and place. I have enjoyed every minute of my reading and keep coming back to re-read them over again.

At First Light
At First Light

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, 20 Jun. 2017
This review is from: At First Light (Kindle Edition)
Set in a part of the world and a period of time of which I knew very little, I came to At First Light having immensely enjoyed Vanessa Lafaye's critically acclaimed debut novel, Summertime. Being completely honest, it is only right to admit that I came to her first novel on the basis of our friendship through music.. However, my eagerness to read this new book was due simply to her skill and ability as a writer to draw in and engage the reader completely. I read the story of Alicia in just two days as I simply couldn't put it down [only the necessity to go to work created a hiatus in my reading!]. Alicia's Story will engage you from the get go as Vanessa's spellbinding writing transports you to Key West in the post Great War period, a world of racial prejudice and the development of the Ku Klux Klan in Florida, telling the story of ordinary people prevented from living their lives as they wished due to the laws and social mores of the time. Be prepared - Vanessa's fine prose and gift for storytelling is used to extraordinary effect to engage your every emotion - I cried before the end. Well writ again Vanessa - am so looking forward to your third novel.

Falco: The Official Companion (A Marcus Didius Falco Mystery)
Falco: The Official Companion (A Marcus Didius Falco Mystery)
by Lindsey Davis

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 10 May 2013
as a Lindsey Davis fan since 1989 this was missing from my collection - i have enjoyed it immensely. great service, book as described.

DiscGear Literature Album - Flat (Pack of 100 Covers)
DiscGear Literature Album - Flat (Pack of 100 Covers)

5.0 out of 5 stars handy to go with the albums, 10 May 2013
great product, timely despatch. useful for storing the inserts/cards from my discs for future reference. great product, will be ordering more.

Hama CD /DVD Album Box 96, Transparent Black
Hama CD /DVD Album Box 96, Transparent Black

5.0 out of 5 stars saves so much space!, 10 May 2013
product as described, and arrived in good time. i have so much more space now that my discs are organised into these albums! thank you.

King Cole Romano Chunky Knitting Yarn Pewter (385)
King Cole Romano Chunky Knitting Yarn Pewter (385)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 10 May 2013
I will definitely be ordering more - good product, and good service. Many thanks. The yarn is great to knit with.

Porridge - The Movie [DVD] [1979]
Porridge - The Movie [DVD] [1979]
Dvd ~ Ronnie Barker

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Mar. 2013
wanted to get this one for ages to go with the tv series which i already had and love to watch

New Tricks Series 9 [DVD] [2012]
New Tricks Series 9 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Alun Armstrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 2 Feb. 2013
Have completed my set of New Tricks DVD with this one and enjoyed it very much. looking forward to series ten!

Katia Ondas Scarf Knitting Yarn Cream Beige Mix - 100gram ball
Katia Ondas Scarf Knitting Yarn Cream Beige Mix - 100gram ball

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this yarn, 2 Feb. 2013
It arrived in good time; it knits up so well and has impressed everyone who has seen it . more will be ordered.