Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now
Profile for Gemma > Reviews

Content by Gemma
Helpful Votes: 1994

Gemma (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InstaNatural Dead Sea Mud Face Mask - Facial Cleanser, Pore Reducer & Moisturizer - 100% Natural Remedy for Dry & Oily Skin, Acne, Blemishes & Complexion - Reduces Wrinkles, Fine Lines & Aging - 19 OZ
Offered by InstaNatural EU

4.0 out of 5 stars This mask gives me softer and clearer skin!, 14 Dec. 2015
I was sent this item for free, in exchange for a review. This review is my honest and unbiased opinion.

I've used many face masks over the years and I try to apply one at least once a week. This face mask comes in a huge tub, it will last me a very long time so don't be put off by the price, it is definitely value for money! The mask itself is a dark grey colour and doesn't have any scent to it.

I have combination skin that is oily, yet dry, and is very blemish prone. I apply quite a lot to my face using my hands, it feels very smooth and it's very easy to apply. I leave it for around 10-15 minutes. My skin starts to feel very tight as the mask dries, I was a bit concerned my skin would be dried out! However, after removing the mask my skin is lovely and soft, and looks visibly cleaner and clearer.

I've used this mask quite a few times now and I am happy with it. The tub will last me a long while yet, and I would recommend it.

Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! Volum' Mascara Black 9.5ml
Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! Volum' Mascara Black 9.5ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mascara for volume, 14 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have very long eye lashes, but they are quite fine, so I only use a mascara that will give my lashes volume.

I have used this mascara in the past, but my go-to daily mascara is Max Factor 2000 Calorie, and Benefit Bad Gal for special occasions. This mascara would fit nicely in the daily mascara category. It gives my lashes decent volume, but not too over the top. The brush is big, which means I often end up with mascara on my eyelids, but with my lashes being so long this is a common problem anyway.

I'm not keen on the bright yellow packaging, it does make it seem too cheap. However, if the price wasn't bad I wouldn't hesitate buying this again in the future.

Multipower 900 g Coffee Caramel 100 Percent Pure Whey Protein Powder
Multipower 900 g Coffee Caramel 100 Percent Pure Whey Protein Powder

4.0 out of 5 stars Another decent protein powder, 3 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used a wide variety of different protein powders now, and this one is one of the good ones. I use them after my strength training and often blend them with spinhac/kale and fruit. I like the taste of this one, I like it on a morning with almond milk. The taste is quite sweet but not overpowering. It blends very well too. I wouldn't hesitate to use this product again in the future.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as effective as cheaper brands, 1 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wear contact lens and the skin under my eye can be quite sensitive at times, so it's always important I have a gentle eye make up remover. However, I always want an eye make up remover that does the job!

Thankfully, this does live up to it's claim of being a gentle eye make up remover. I normally use a cleanser or face wash to remove make-up from my skin, and then an eye make-up remover to get rid of the mascara. It removes my mascara effortlessly.

However, I have also recently been using a Garnier eye make-up remover which is just as good, and is about £1 a bottle cheaper than this. I can't see how it is worth the extra £1, so I will stick to the cheaper brands for now.

L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renew Cream Night 50ml
L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renew Cream Night 50ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Too thick and heavy, 25 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I’m not one to buy into the separate day and night creams, and I will use the same moisturiser both morning and night, or use argan oil on an evening so it sinks in overnight. The only difference I can tell is that this cream is much thicker than a day cream. I’m not sure I particularly like how thick it is, I have quite blemish prone skin so I’m not sure it will help. I have gone back to using my argan oil if I feel I need a more intensive moisturiser on an evening. I can’t speak about the long term effects of the product as I’ve only used it a few times, and I won’t become a regular user of it.

One positive is that L’Oreal is much cheaper on Amazon than it is in say, Boots, so you are getting a bargain if you buy it from on here.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - Ivory
Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation - Ivory

3.0 out of 5 stars An inexpensive foundation, 23 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My normal liquid foundation is by Clinique, it's quite expensive so I like to have a cheaper option for when I don't need to have 'perfect' make-up! I'm not normally a fan of Rimmel, but decided to give this one a go as the shade Ivory is the type of shade I would normally go for.

I was pleased the foundation claims to have a '24 hour moisturising complex' as whilst my combination skin gets oily throughout the day, it's often quite dry and so some brands of foundation can look too patchy. It also claims to diminish the appearance of pores, which again was a plus as I have blemish prone skin and have large pores around my nose and cheeks.

I was surprised to see a pump in the glass bottle, which makes dispensing the foundation easier. The Ivory shade appeared fine for me, but after application I did feel slightly more on the 'white' side, so I need to use a bit of bronzing powder to look more healthy! The foundation is easy to apply, and you don't need a large amount of it. It has a decent coverage, but not as good as my normal foundation, and I was slightly disappointed with that. As mentioned before I am prone to breakouts so I can a foundation to have very good coverage.

However, for the price, it's not so bad and I won't mind using it occasionally. It lasted well and didn't cause my skin to become too oily, and it's quite light weight. The coverage isn't perfect, and the shade is a bit on the pale side for me, but for £5.60 I can't complain too much.

Sunshimmer Compact Powder - Light Shimmer
Sunshimmer Compact Powder - Light Shimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bronzing powder!, 22 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not usually a fan of the Rimmel range, however I was pleasantly surprised by this bronzing powder.

I normally use a bronzing powder by Revlon, and have also used a one by MAC in the past. However I now have one which is a much cheaper option.

I have pale skin and this light shimmer tone is perfect, it's not too over board and gives a nice subtle glow. I will definitely buy this in the future.

Philips GC4924/20 PerfectCare Azur Steam Iron with Optimal Temperature technology, 2800 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant iron from Philips with the excellent Optimal Temperature technology, 18 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My previous iron was a huge Philips steam generator iron with the large water tank. As I don't have a large family, and live in a small flat, it would quickly becoming cumbersome to store. I wanted something that ironed just as well, but without the huge water tank to causing storage problems.

This iron is the same as my previous Philips iron in that it doesn't have a temperature dial. This is because it uses the optimal temperature technology. I've gotten so used to it with my previous Philips iron, so I'm very pleased this iron also has the same feature. It never causes any damage to even the most delicate items, and it makes ironing that little bit easier.

The iron itself is very easy to use and glides across fabrics well. I use the Eco option to save energy and water, and I haven't encountered any difficulties whilst using this setting.

The iron also has a safety shut off feature, it shuts off after a couple of minutes if it's lying flat, or five minutes if it's standing up. The iron also has a 'Calc clean' for people living in more hard water areas, again my previous Philips iron had this and the instructions on using this feature are provided in the box.

Overall I highly recommend these Philips irons with the Optimal Temperature technology. I won't want to use another brand of iron now!

L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Magic Instant Blur 15ml
L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Magic Instant Blur 15ml
Offered by Gracious Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but it doesn't last, 10 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used similar products to this before, and they all do a similar job. If like me, you have large pores and blemish prone skin, it can make a subtle
difference to the smoothness of your skin. I find it does really help with the appearance of pores.

The tube is small, and similar to my Carmex lip balm. However, you only need a small amount of this product when you use it. It has a thick and silky feel to it which is similar to all products of this type.

I didn't suffer any reactions, but I was disappointed with how long it lasted. My skin can be quite oily as the day goes on, and the product doesn't seem to last the day.

It's not a bad price compared to other similar products on the market - so if you haven't used such a product before then this one is worth a go.

The Humans
The Humans

3.0 out of 5 stars A humorous yet sad view of human life., 4 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The Humans (Kindle Edition)
Professor Andrew Martin is actually an alien who has taken over said Professor's body, after coming from a planet very far away. The professor made a discovery, and the alien is here to destroy all evidence of it, along with his family.

The alien's observations of humans are often humorous, and at other times quite sad. The story itself is extremely predictable, you already know very early on how this is going to pan out. However, it's the observations of human life that get you thinking, and its that what makes this book a good read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20