Profile for N. Mclester > Reviews

Content by N. Mclester

N. Mclester "N Macleicester" (Warwickshire, UK)

Sony Bravia KDL40W5500U 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview and 100Hz Motionflow

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 19 Mar. 2009
Similar to most people, I was drawn to the 40W5500 because of the reputation(and lack of stock) of the 40W4500. A member of my family took delivery of a 4500 before christmas and the quality I saw there cemented my desire to own a Sony W series LCD Television.

Firstly the price offered for this set by Amazon is second to none. As a reliable and known web retailer it filled me with confidence to purchase, and I havn't been disappointed.

Firstly, the set-up was as easy as could possibly be. Plug everything in and let the auto set-up take control.

The pictures from Standard definition, from both the built in digital tuner and Sky, provides an excellent viewing experience. No pixillation, sharp lines and excellent detailing in dark scenes.

High Definition Blu-Ray pictures are quite simply in another world. Having Run Wall-E, Mama-Mia and Phantom of the Opera, the picture is at worse on par with the predecessor 40W4500, if anything of better quality....absolutely breathtaking!

I look forward to a glowing review from the likes of What Hi-Fi, and then the ability to gloat as the stock of this TV suffer under what I'm sure will be massive demand.

In Summary, great service from Amazon; Excellent Set from Sony