Profile for Brewstaman > Reviews

Brewstaman (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pantone 2013 Bone China Espresso Cup, Mango
Pantone 2013 Bone China Espresso Cup, Mango

4.0 out of 5 stars These are very nice cups, well made and good looking, 8 Jan. 2016
These are very nice cups, well made and good looking. Be advised though that the picture on this page isn't very accurate colour-wise. In reality this cup is closer to yellow than orange. The name is accurate - it's the colour of mango flesh.
If you want a darker orange one, check out the pumpkin (I ended up getting both and they go well together, as do all the others).

Protone trigger point foam roller with grid trigger point zones for deep massage / rehab / physiotherapy / crossfit / running / marathon / yoga / pilates - choose different styles / colours(pink)
Offered by Gym-stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Pain is weakness leaving the body, 31 Dec. 2015
These things are like torture devices, but they do seem to help loosen up the muscles after a hard run/workout. This one is a lot firmer than the ones at my gym, there's no give at all, which makes it more painful but arguably more effective(?). The different zones give different levels of pain, handy for when you're feeling particularly masochistic.
Its compactness makes it easy to store out of sight (so you won't have nightmares).
One thing to beware of when ordering - if you leave the product page and go back to it, the selected colour will revert to the default (this is the same for any product on Amazon, obviously, not just this). This meant I ended up with a bright pink one. Good job I only use it at home!

i-Swim Pro Swimming Goggles - Anti Fog Technology - Comfortable - Watertight - Clear Vision - 100% Money Back Guarantee - Mirrored With UV Protection - Swim Goggle Glasses For Men And Women Best For Adults Kids 10+ Boys And Girls - Includes FREE Premium Protective Case FREE Nose Clip And FREE Ear Plugs
Offered by i-sportspro

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable and prone to fogging, 31 Dec. 2015
There are two major problems with these goggles.
1) The bit between the eyes is hard plastic with a very sharp edge, and the way it's positioned means it cuts into the bridge of my nose. This makes these uncomfortable bordering on painful.
2) They fog up like no goggles I've ever had before. Within 30 seconds of putting them on I can't see a thing. They were alright for about two weeks before this started happening. I kept them in the case at all times and didn't touch the inside of the goggles, it's like the anti-fog just wore off.

On the plus side, I like the quick release clip on the back, makes putting them on and taking them off very easy, and they didn't leak. They also come in a sturdy case.

I'm no longer using these due to the issues above and have gone back to my old goggles while I search for a new pair.

Volutz 33W Turbo Fast 3-Port USB Car Charger for GoPro, Android, Windows, Apple iPhone,Samsung, Google Nexus, Motorola, HTC, Nokia, Garmin nüvi, TomTom and More [Apple Cable NOT Included]

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, compact USB car charger, 31 Dec. 2015
Great for charging multiple devices simultaneously in the car. I was worried that it might be a bit on the large side and obstruct the gear stick (this is more down to the design of my car than this adapter), but it's more compact than I expected so wasn't a problem.
Two of the sockets are fairly close together, but this would only be a problem for those cheap cables with big, unnecessarily chunky heads. I bought some Volutz cables to use with this and they fit side-by-side with no problem (the cables are really good as well by the way - I've reviewed these separately).
The adapter seems well made and has a quality look and feel to it. There are cheaper adapters out there, but I'm happy I spent a couple of quid more for this one, the build quality is noticeably better than previous adapters I've had.

Volutz Micro USB Cable (Pack of 5 - 3m + 2m + 3x 1m), Turbo-Fast & Abuse-Friendly, 15.000 Bending Tolerance, Data & Charging lead for Android, Samsung, Huawei, Nokia, HTC and More - Equilibrium Series
Offered by The Ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed USB cables at a great price, 31 Dec. 2015
These are a bit different from standard USB cables, in that some thought has clearly been put into the design.
They seem very sturdy, the bit that usually breaks on USB cables (where the cable meets the connector) has been strengthened with a rubber sleeve, and the cable itself is jacketed, which helps to avoid tangling as well as making it stronger.
The variety of lengths in this box is really handy, I've put short ones in the car and on my desktop, and I use the longer ones in the lounge and office.
The pattern on each side of the connector is different, so you can tell which way up the connector is and avoid the usual try-and-turn-over when plugging it in (the same applies to both ends of the cable). The connectors fit very well, and don't wobble around like some cables. The micro connector is slightly longer than usual and there's no chunky plastic around it, so it won't be obstructed if you're using a case. The other end is also sleek, so they won't obstruct each other if plugged into a hub with close-set sockets.
Finally, they come packaged in a nice box, and they look good.
Overall, I'm really impressed by these cables and I would recommend them to anyone, they're much better than other cables I've bought for a similar price (or more in some cases).
I'll update this review if I have any problems, but from the look and feel of these cables I doubt that will happen.

ACER CHROMEBOOK C720 11.6" LAPTOP SCREEN
ACER CHROMEBOOK C720 11.6" LAPTOP SCREEN
Offered by AJPARTS UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Indistinguishable from the original screen, and easy to fit., 31 Dec. 2015
Had to buy a replacement screen when I dropped my girlfriend's Chromebook a while ago (oops). This replacement did the job perfectly. Took about 10 minutes to swap out the old broken one and put this one in (search Youtube for instructions, it's fairly easy, no special tools or technical skills needed). Looking at the machine, you can't tell that the screen has been replaced, it looks like new.
It's been over a year since I replaced it now and it's still working fine.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, 31 Dec. 2015
Had these for over a year now and they're still going strong. The sound quality is decent, bluetooth connects quickly and easily, and they don't need charging very often. Great for running - no annoying cable swinging around and they stay in the ear well.

Magic Stud Finder Plus
Magic Stud Finder Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than electronic stud finders I've tried, 31 Dec. 2015
For a cheap, low-tech solution, I was surprised at how well this worked. I've tried a few of the electronic ones before and they've always seemed inaccurate and inconsistent. This worked much better.
It's just a plastic box with placeholders for small, but strong, disc-shaped magnets. You move it across the wall, and when it passes over a screw/nail the magnet snaps onto the wall. When you end up with a line of magnets you can see where the joist is.

Forgefix MCAGUN Cavity Wall Anchor Fixing Gun
Forgefix MCAGUN Cavity Wall Anchor Fixing Gun

3.0 out of 5 stars but I found it to be unnecessary when I came to use it, 31 Dec. 2015
It works, but I found it to be unnecessary when I came to use it. An electric screwdriver does the same job more easily and only takes a few seconds longer. You need to use the screwdriver after using this anyway (this won't put the bolt in all the way), so might as well just start with it.

Desserts
Desserts
by Michel Roux

4.0 out of 5 stars and she seemed pleased with it (not that she'd say if she wasn't), 31 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Desserts (Hardcover)
Bought this as a present for my Mum, and she seemed pleased with it (not that she'd say if she wasn't). Only tried the chocolate sauce so far, but that was excellent. It seems to have a good range of recipes.
The book was a bit smaller (physically) than I expected, so check the dimensions if that's important to you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3