Profile for Nick > Reviews

Content by Nick

Nick (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Ultra Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good price, but does it do the job, 21 May 2015
Very good price, but does it do the job? Yes is the answer - took it away for a weekend where I knew power points would be in short supply - I just plugged into this and put the phone back in my rucksack when it got a bit low. No complaints, efficient bit of kit

Car Charger, JETech Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger Cigarette Charger for Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C, iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3, Tab 3, Note 3/2, Google Nexus 7, and More - C0650
Offered by JEDirect UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Only used a few times so far but seems to ..., 21 May 2015
Only used a few times so far but seems to be doing the job well for an S4. Cant knock it.

Helly Hansen Men's HH Dry Stripe T-Shirt - Evening Blue, X-Large
Helly Hansen Men's HH Dry Stripe T-Shirt - Evening Blue, X-Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing is a bit off but good top., 21 May 2015
I have a long sleeved version of this in Xl and it fits fantastically - wear it under short sleeved jersey for MTB. Sometimes I wear a long sleeved jersey so thought I would get the same in a short sleeved base layer. Wrong - they do not seem to be cut to the same dimensions in the body, so have had to go up to a XXL in the short sleeve which is a bit mad. Nice tops, do the job of keeping you warm on cold days and wicking away well, but check out the sizing and if in doubt you may need to go one up, maybe two.
For comparison I mainly wear jerseys from Troy Lee and One Industries, and take a size L in those.

ThermoCafé Travel Mug, 400 ml - Steel
ThermoCafé Travel Mug, 400 ml - Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice mug. No it will not stay sealed tight ..., 21 May 2015
Nice mug. No it will not stay sealed tight if you tilt it or hold it upside down, if that's what you want then a flask may be better suited. Fits in the car well and a good size to carry while watching the kids do sport or something. Washes well, keeps drinks hot for as long as I need, no complaints.

Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses
Raleigh Cycling Sunglasses

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not brilliant. The lenses are fairly easy to change but ..., 21 May 2015
Ok but not brilliant. The lenses are fairly easy to change but keeping them in can be a bit tricky, especially if you are off road and getting bumped about. The cover part of one of the arms came off mine just taking them off, dropped it somewhere so no use to me now. Cheap and cheerful, probably better suited for road riding than off road.

Ravel Nite-Glo Quartz Luminous Dial Blue Camouflage Velcro Boys Watch R1707.6
Ravel Nite-Glo Quartz Luminous Dial Blue Camouflage Velcro Boys Watch R1707.6
Offered by BM ENTERPRISE (UK) LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids love theirs - they do come up a little large ..., 21 May 2015
Kids love theirs - they do come up a little large on small wrists - have to pull the strap tight on my 7 year old and it still rotates a bit - that's not the watches fault though! Well made.

Santa Cruz Men's Circulate Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Red (Tomato), Large
Santa Cruz Men's Circulate Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Red (Tomato), Large
Offered by JustTeeShirts

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shirt, if you're on the borderline of two ..., 21 May 2015
Nice shirt, if you're on the borderline of two sizes bear in mind that the XL comes up very large and baggy, the Large is a more fitted size. Usua quality you would expect from SC

Andes 2 Litre Navy Blue Hydration Pack/Backpack Running/Cycling with Water Bladder/Pockets
Offered by Outdoor Value

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant for the money, 5 Aug. 2014
Absolutely brilliant for the money. I was looking for a pack with a little bit of storage for Mountain Biking - pump/tools etc. Not only is this a load cheaper than some of the premium brands but it actually suits me better with the extra pockets/compartments. I am not a runner so may find these a bit surplus to requirements if I were, but for biking and hiking you cant go wrong.
Bladder seems sturdy, no leaks on the first uses anyway. Bit fiddly to clean but I am using Milton solution. The water does of course taste a bit plasticy the first use or two but that will go with regular use I am sure.
One minor criticism - the chest strap may be a little tight for some people. I am probably on the limit with it, but I can imagine people who are a bit more broad chested, or perhaps some of the ladies, may find it too tight to use. I actually find it fits fine and does not flap around without the chest strap on, but again this is from being on a bike, runners may disagree.

Overall, unless you are a large chested runner I don't think you can go wrong with this! The price may suggest a compromise on quality but the material seems very decent to me and the zips etc are of a good standard. I bought this thinking if it only lasted me a few months I would be ok with it, but now I have it I see no reason it will not last a long while. Replacement bladders are very cheap so if I need to buy one every few months it is still going to be a lot cheaper than a Camelbak or similar.

Just be sure 2l is enough for you, if you need more then maybe another product, but I see no reason why a 3l bladder could not go in this bag, and that would still be a cost effective option.

Also standard delivery from the seller still got to me in 2 days, so dont pay for the upgrade unless you are in desperate need.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Bored so quickly, 13 Dec. 2013
Each year I buy the new version of COD and initially its all shiny and new, but eventually the novelty wears off. Usually it is sometime in the spring, but each year I have found I am losing interest just that bit sooner. Its not that I am bored of FPS games as such, but each new issue is essentially a map pack for the same game. Yeah you can argue that having new killstreaks etc makes it a new game, but really, it doesnt, and nothing MAJOR has changed since COD 4 Modern Warfare. With this in mind some people have stopped buying and playing new CODs, but I have always been keen to get the new one for a change, a bit of a refresh to the game that I bored of earlier in the year but still essentially enjoy.

Well this year COD bored me within a week, and I sold it within 2. I really tried to like it, but it has a massive flaw. New large maps and game modes are all very well, but the gameplay itself is just so massivly random and frustrating that any element of skill is pretty much gone. You will respawn regularly in front of people, so you will die. Players will spawn behind you, and you will die. Players will spawn in front of you, you will probably get the kill while they mutter and moan about it. Yes there are elements of picking your shot, lining up targets, taking cover etc etc as a FPS MP game should be, but essentially this is just random killing and spawning and it is very boring and frustrating.

I am not a brilliant COD player by any means, but on previous games my DM ratio is around 1:1, sometimes a little higher, sometimes lower, but I generally give as good as I get. On this, I was struggling, I would still pick up a decent amount of kills, but the deaths just keep racking up. Unless you are prepared to find a camp spot where nobody can spawn behind you, then you will be struggling to keep the deaths down. Seriously though, do people buy COD games just to sit in a corner of a map all night? I certainly dont.

This game has been out what 4-5 weeks now, and is already being discounted qute heavily. This is COD, the biggest game of the year, discounted after 4 weeks of sale, must tell you something.

If you are new to COD games, try one of the older ones to get a feel for it, if this was your first one, I doubt you would play a second. Well made in terms of the actual construction of a game, but poorly executed ideas that has seen people give up on it so quickly. My group of mates online have all to a man given up on it straight away and some of them are real COD addicts, that confirms to me it isnt just me giving up because I am lame at it.

Games are supposed to be fun, this isnt.

Generic Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for HP 364XL (Black, Cyan Magenta, Yellow, 4-Pack)
Offered by Inkjet UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Crap, 9 Dec. 2013
If like me you have a HP Photosmart C410 then look elsewhere. I have been buying originals, and some other higehr priced compatibles. I saw the price of these and thought it was worth a go. I have spent a lot of time trying to clean heads/alter settings/printing test pages etc. I would have been better off just buying another set of my previous compatibles.

I can see why some people give these a good rating - the price is excellent. There is no grey area though (yeah I do colour printing puns!), they either work or they do not, and for me they do not so are a waste of time and money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4