Profile for Mrs Jade Bartolf > Reviews

Content by Mrs Jade Bartolf

Mrs Jade Bartolf "Jade" (Suffolk, UK)

Our Songbirds: A songbird for every week of the year
Our Songbirds: A songbird for every week of the year
by Matt Sewell

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly wonderful book for the eyes and the soul, 14 Oct. 2013
I happened upon this book whilst on my honeymoon in Scotland. I looked at the back and saw the little wren described as "Roughly the size of a thimble but with a scold that could scorch the earth". This made me chuckle out loud as I too, have been "scorched" by a wren in the past.
This book really evokes a sense of pure joy in me -- I don't know if it's the beautiful illustrations or the humorous descriptions Matt Sewell writes, but he has done a superb job with this book and I will forever enjoy browsing through it.

Pilates Workout For Dummies [2001] [DVD]
Pilates Workout For Dummies [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrea Ambandos
Offered by Just4-U-Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Really simple way to start Pilates, 26 Aug. 2011
I bought this DVD expecting to watch it once and chuck it in the bookcase to gather dust. I did my first workout and found it to be extremely easy to follow and at the same time felt my muscles had been working. I finished it feeling refreshed and awake. The programme lasts for 30mins and in that time you do several varied exercises in quick succession; so thirty minutes seems like fifteen by the time you've finished! The instructor, Michelle Dozois does a good job and makes the workout interesting. Really would recommend this DVD to anyone who fancies a go at Pilates.

Trainspotting [DVD] [1996]
Trainspotting [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Ewan McGregor
Offered by figswigs

5.0 out of 5 stars A must - see film, 2 Jun. 2004
This review is from: Trainspotting [DVD] [1996] (DVD)
Trainspotting is a must see film. It's a hillarious yet harrowing film, showing the lives of three heroin addicts, 'Renton', 'Sick Boy', 'Spud', and psychotic 'Begbie' . The story takes us through the ups and downs of heroin addiction, and Mark Renton's struggle to beat it, and 'Choose Life'. A brilliant film - get it.