Profile for GNG > Reviews

Content by GNG

GNG (Toronto, Ontario)

National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books)
National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Space (First Big Books)
by Catherine D. Hughes

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 8 Sept. 2013
It is a nice book with large writing for young readers. I had to look up when it was published, because the pictures were of a lower quality than I would expect form books published in the past few years, but it is published in 2012. I wonder why they didn't use better quality photos. That being said, it is still a great book for kids.

See Inside Science
See Inside Science
by Alex Frith
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, high quality, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: See Inside Science (Board book)
My 6-year old daughter loves the book, especially the interactive flaps that let her discover more information and keep her interested and engaged. It is a high quality, durable, book, with thick hard cover.

Silvine A4 Spiral Sketch Pad
Silvine A4 Spiral Sketch Pad
Offered by K&N Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars great sketch pad, 8 Sept. 2013
My daughter loves it, it is exactly what we needed. It is great for a starting artist. All as expected.

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Belgium & Luxembourg (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Belgium & Luxembourg (Eyewitness Travel Guides)
by Collectif
Edition: Flexibound

5.0 out of 5 stars DK guide books are always great, 8 Sept. 2013
The Luxembourg section is small, but comprehensive as to all the important sites one should see. The walking path description is often better than what you can find locally.

Mesic nad rekou [paper sleeve]
Mesic nad rekou [paper sleeve]

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 8 Sept. 2013
This is a classic! Very well made film, Czech cinematography from the 1950s. I just wish that there were pre-war Czech films available.

Train Set With Tracks Battery Operated
Train Set With Tracks Battery Operated
Offered by Top Value Prices

3.0 out of 5 stars Train a littl etoo big for the tracks, but good value, 31 Aug. 2013
I didn't expect to be able to buy a train for this price. The train is a little too large for the tracks, so it keeps going off the track, which discouraged my children from playing with it. I expected the train car to be less than half the size, based on ones we played with when we were children. The rails are all plastic, our train used to have metal rails on plastic backing. It is a reasonable train for the price, just don't expect the real stuff.

Collins 2013-2014 Meta A6 Week to View Mid Year Diary
Collins 2013-2014 Meta A6 Week to View Mid Year Diary

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, but make sure you are ordering the correct size, 22 Aug. 2013
I was looking for an A5 planner and added this one to my order, not realizing that it said "A6", because the photo is of the A5 sized version. Needless to say, it is quite useful and I don't mind the smaller format for now. The bookmark and the notepad are both helpful.

iPhone 4G Professional ScreenGUARD
iPhone 4G Professional ScreenGUARD

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst quality ever., 27 Dec. 2010
I bought the iPhone 4G screen protector SZ-3A68-101-JP "Professional ScreenGUARD". It is impossible to put it on without the creation of bubbles on the screen. Finally I did manage to put it on without more than two bubbles, but many bubbles are being created on the edges, the screen looks worse with it than without it. Also, it comes with two protectors for the front, but none for the back! I bought a protector from the Apple store for my iPod and the difference is striking. It went on without a trouble and whatever scratches there were on my two year old iPod disappeared after the application of the Apple screen protector.