Profile for Banrion > Reviews

Content by Banrion

Banrion

The Crossing (Harry Bosch Book 20)
The Crossing (Harry Bosch Book 20)

4.0 out of 5 stars I did enjoy this book, 30 Nov. 2015
I look forward eagerly to all of Michael Connellys books,,,, I did enjoy this book,,,, but I felt that there was a lot more violence in it than in previous novels,,,, the twists and turns of the story were well laid out and it was well written,,,,, however the ongoing violence I found a bit disturbing,,,,I look forward to the next one,,, and hope that Harry will soon be available on TV in Ireland.

Where I Come From
Where I Come From
Offered by San Francisco Green Street Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Its the One Voice !!, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Where I Come From (Audio CD)
This 3 CD set is wonderful to listen to especially through good quality ear phones,,,,the sound is so strongh and yet immediate and intimate... its great to have all these songs in one single collection,,, all freshly recorded with 4 live tracks from gigs,,, it is where he comes from,,, its the story of Ireland in song,,, I ve been listening and loving it since I first got it,,,

Stepping Stones: Interviews with Seamus Heaney
Stepping Stones: Interviews with Seamus Heaney

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book to read and re read,,,,,, 3 Nov. 2013
I originally bought this book in hardback and now have it on Kindle also,,, its a gem,, great to get some insights into the genius that was and is SH.... he shares so much of himself, the book benefits from the fact that it was done over a period of time and the answers are measured and complete,,,,, as they are the result of email correspondence as well as actual interviews between two fine poets who obviously respected one another. The book can be dipped into as a refernce to the various collections of poetry or even for insights into an individual poem. The humanity, humour and humility of the man comes through. They are both big losses,,,,,ni beidh a leitheidi aris ann... may the sod rest lightly on them both.