Profile for Katy L. > Reviews

Middlemarch [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Anthony Page
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Delight, 10 May 2004
This review is from: Middlemarch [DVD] [1994] (DVD)
I may be in the minority but Middlemarch was easily my favourite book that I studied at school - most of my friends didn't even finish it!
I finally got around to buying the dvd as I was slightly worried that it would ruin my memories of the excellent book and it's characters.
However, I wasn't even slightly disappointed with this BBC production. It would have been impossible for the series to capture completely the magic of the novel as the fantastic writing of George Elliot could never be copied in full on screen. However, I think this series was as good as it could possibly have been. I was really happy with all of the cast and their superb performances and Rufus Sewell was just dreamy as Will Ladislaw!
Well done to the BBC for a fantastic production. I will be watching it again very soon.

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Offered by Replay-International

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Poor, 18 Dec. 2003
This game was very disappointing. I am reasonably new to the point and click game and, having loved the curse of monkey island, thought it would be good to try this game.
The idea is super and it could have worked so well but this game is far too easy. Each piece of evidence is made obvious and I finished it in an afternoon.
I would say only buy this game if you are a real fan of CSI as there are far better games out there.