Profile for Monica > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
A Clean Break: My Story
A Clean Break: My Story
by Christophe Bassons

5.0 out of 5 stars I have read many cycling books and they are pretty similar to one and another, 9 Oct. 2014
I have read many cycling books and they are pretty similar to one and another. They are usually written by retired cyclists who don't want to be silent any more about hardship, drugs and sacrifices. I found Christophe Bassons' book brutally honest and I like the fact he never gave in to temptation and stood up to what he believed in. It is an immense shame that even though he had natural talent, he could not shine due to others being doped up to the limit. I enjoyed this book very much and cannot wait to the day when cycling is clear of dope (if that'll ever happen but hope is the last thing to die :-)

Touching The Void
Touching The Void
by Joe Simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Touching The Void (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book. Exciting, shocking and such an excellent story on survival. It was hard to put it down so quite a quick read.

Liquid Chalk - 250ml
Liquid Chalk - 250ml
Offered by Fitness Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Great liquid chalk without the powdery dust, 14 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Liquid Chalk - 250ml (Misc.)
I actually bought this liquid chalk for hot yoga and it works very well. I put it on my palms and sole of my feet and no slipping for up to an hour. i mean after that, no matter what you use, you will start slipping anyway but this chalk works great.

Casio Women's Quartz Watch with White Dial Analogue - Digital Display and White Resin Strap BLX100-7ER

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Baby-G watch, 14 Sept. 2014
Great watch......my previous watch was also a Baby-G and lasted a very long time. This time I went for white instead of black but I love the Casio Baby-G watches.

Shadows on the Road: Life at the Heart of the Peloton, from US Postal to Team Sky
by Michael Barry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and honest insight of the pro-cycling world, 14 Sept. 2014
I really liked this book, not only because it's easy to read and hard to put down but I also found interesting to read how much doping happened and still happens in the cycling world. It is a big shame and hat down to those who either said no or fight against it. Let's hope there will be more teams / managers and cyclists who want to race clean.

Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
by Melody Beattie

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book!!, 7 Mar. 2014
I've bought this book approx. 6 years ago. I read it every night before going to sleep. When I finish it, I start again and have a message for myself every day. They are inspiring, especially at the end of the day before going to sleep. You will find the messages are for everyone and they are not rocket science but we do forget how we could enrich our life with simple things. The book is a great reminder! I often hear messages from this book in my yoga class as well.

Pair of BEIGE 46" Width x 72" Drop , Supersoft Thermal Blackout EYELET / RING TOP Curtains Including Pair of Matching Tie Backs, 'Winter Warm but Summer Cool' by VICEROY BEDDING
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blackout curtains!, 7 Mar. 2014
I bought these beige blackout curtains for my living room as I have guests sleeping in my living room on a sofabed so I thought they deserve some lie-in but I didn't want to buy black curtains for the living room. These look great, soft to touch, easy to put up and the price was excellent!

Pair of BLACK 46" Width x 72" Drop , Supersoft Thermal Blackout EYELET / RING TOP Curtains Including Pair of Matching Tie Backs, 'Winter Warm but Summer Cool' by VICEROY BEDDING
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great blackout curtain for a great price, 7 Mar. 2014
I love these blackout curtains. They look great, very easy to put it up, soft to touch and does a great job at blocking out the sun. I'm very happy with it as the price is also brilliant.

Yoga-Mad Half ToeSox - Purple, Small
Yoga-Mad Half ToeSox - Purple, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Great non-slippery socks, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Yoga-Mad Half Toesox (Apparel)
I really like these socks. I read all the reviews about them and thought I will try anyway. I quickly bought about another pair after using the first for two weeks. They are really non-slippery!! Of course when you need to move your foot to line up for warrior pose, you may have to shuffle a bit as they are non-slippery but it does the job it was made for.

Non-Slip Yoga Towel Mat with Bag, 63 x 180cm, Available in Four Colours (Purple)
Offered by D&Y TECH CO., LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so non-slip towel, 7 Mar. 2014
I gave 3 stars as it's okay but I'm still slipping all over the place. If it's wet enough (because of your sweat) then you may be able to keep yourself in the pose but I have to say it is not the best.

Page: 1 | 2