Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Research
Research
by Philip Kerr

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, 23 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Research (Paperback)
I would give all the Bernie Gunther books 5 stars as I thought they were superb, well plotted, interesting and educational. Sadly I am hugely disappointed with this book and find it surprising that it is the same author. It is about successful third party pulp fiction writers and a murder and I am not sure if he is taking the u know what. After about a third of the way through I was speed reading the pages as I had lost interest in the story. The characters were wooden and lacked any real interest and the plot was frankly unbelievable. Don't even know how it ended as I gave up when I realised it was so poor.
Stick to Bernie and I will be a huge fan again.

Ten Years After Live at Fillmore East
Ten Years After Live at Fillmore East

5.0 out of 5 stars A loud blast from the past, superb, 28 Mar. 2015
Those were the days when a live rock act blasted out great loud music live. Brilliant guitar riffs, superb base and full on driving sound from the full band. Sure there are long solos but hey that was the deal in those days and if you watched this stuff live you expect it. Enjoy.

The Best Of
The Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Best Of (MP3 Download)
Just superb. Bought on the off chance and very glad I did. Great guitar work and vocals. First time buyer of SRV and not disappointed.

Raising Sand
Raising Sand

3.0 out of 5 stars Lowkey, 9 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Raising Sand (Audio CD)
Some great vocals but overall too slow for me, much preferred Plants' other stuff

Anthology: Through The Years
Anthology: Through The Years

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 9 Oct. 2014
A very interesting insight into Tom's music. I wanted this as a best of and no complaints. Loads of familiar tracks to get the feet tapping.

The Scottish Fishing Book
The Scottish Fishing Book
by Sandy Forgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 30 May 2014
Bought as a spur of the moment decision and glad I did. Beautiful book with superb photographs. Great for reading in the back garden with a dram making important decisions on where to fish in places not been to before. Wish I stayed closer to many of the locations but in fairness it does cover all of Scotland.

The Last Waltz
The Last Waltz

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Last Waltz (Audio CD)
This really brings back the memories. Great tracks, great guests and a great band. With it being a 4 disc set I expected a bit of padding out but in reality all 4 cd's are packed full of super music. Even the 4th cd with rehearsal pieces is worth a listen. All 4 discs on regular play. Buy now.

25 Years - The Chain
25 Years - The Chain
Offered by Acfun Store

3.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed bag, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: 25 Years - The Chain (Audio CD)
I have liked Fleetwood Mac since inception but not enough to regularly buy their records. I therefore decided that this would be a good spread of their music across the range. Maybe it is but it does not do enough for me. There are some great tracks but quite a few average ones. For my listening this could have been a top drawer 2 cd set but is bulked up for a 4 cd set. CD 4 is a good range of old & bluesy numbers. The 1st 3 cd's I have listened to 4 times each and only moved 11 tracks from the 3 cd's to my regular playlists. It was not expensive so worth the punt.

Wreckorder
Wreckorder

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont think just buy, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Wreckorder (Audio CD)
As a Scot I was fond of Travis but they drifted into the background through their inactivity. I stumbled across 'sing me to sleep' on You Tube and was hooked enough to explore further. What a fabulous album, just moves smoothly through every track from beginning to end. Fran is at the top of his game here. Explore it for yourself you will not be disappointed.

Live From Madison Square Garden
Live From Madison Square Garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Wht did I wait so long?, 17 Dec. 2013
I had been meaning to buy this for ages and only recently got around to it. Why oh why did I delay. Just superb. guitar playing of the highest standard. Great vocals from Clapton & Winwood. The tracks build and build throughout. Enjoy a beer (whatever ur poison), sound cracked up loud, bass required, headphones if you must, just chill and enjoy the experience. If you like Clapton & Traffic you cannot go wrong. So many good tracks no point in listing them. Backing band top drawer.
Don't think about it just do it.

Page: 1 | 2