Profile for Bride2Be > Reviews

Content by Bride2Be

Bride2Be "bride to be" (manchester uk)

Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques
Teaching Yoga: Essential Foundations and Techniques
by Mark Stephens

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, have read all the introductory and historical ..., 28 Jan. 2015
Great book, have read all the introductory and historical chapters and am now using the practical asana explanations as reference to my practice. I will probably always keep referring back to this book!

Billy's Tenth Birthday: Volume 1 (Life Learning Series)
Billy's Tenth Birthday: Volume 1 (Life Learning Series)
by James Minter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea...and a big help, 28 Jan. 2015
Great concept for a series of books, this is just one of them. A story for parents and teachers to use with their children to help teach them how to deal with some of the tricky situations they might find themselves in, in this case bullying.

Check out the other books in the series too, very useful.

The Unexpected Consequences of Iron Overload
The Unexpected Consequences of Iron Overload

5.0 out of 5 stars Light-hearted, gripping, and all for a good cause!!, 14 Oct. 2012
This was a really pleasant read with a good underlying plot, plenty of humour and an ending that surprised and made me smile. Would definitely recommend giving it a read, especially as the sales are raising funds and increasing awareness for The Haemochromatosis Society. And if you are sat wondering what Haemochromatosis is, then you should read this book!

Braun Silk-épil Xpressive 7781 Wet & Dry Rechargeable Body & Face Epilator
Braun Silk-épil Xpressive 7781 Wet & Dry Rechargeable Body & Face Epilator

4.0 out of 5 stars This is such a far cry from the old epilators!!!, 27 May 2010
I last tried an epilator about 15 years ago and it was horrendous! I never thought I'd use one again, but the reviews on here and the current discount made me give this one a try. I'm so glad I did! Now, its far from pain-free, however, I find it much less than waxing, and after 30secs or so, I seem to acclimatise to it and get a bit more daring with how far up my legs I travel. (have managed to get part way up my thigh, but then decided to have a rest!! I began with the slow setting and in the bath (wet) as per recommendations by other users. It felt ok but I think the 2nd setting is just as bareable and picks more hairs out. This morning I tried it dry, and I have to say, didn't feel any worse than wet, so will be sticking with dry as this definitely picked more hairs out.
I would say the finish is better than waxing, less hairs remain on my legs, and I'm confident that if I allow another days growth I'll be able to pick a couple more stubborn ones out.
I'm done with shaving my legs, though not sure I'm brave enough to try the epilator on my underarms or bikini line...!!! The thought makes me cringe!!

If any of you are sat there wondering about it...give it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised! Go on.......

Maxitone Sculptress Metabolism Support - Tub of 21
Maxitone Sculptress Metabolism Support - Tub of 21

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! I usually struggle with supplements but..., 14 April 2010
I've never been very good with weight management supplements, most of them have CLA which I can't take due to the side effects, and other things i've tried in the past have always given me severe dry mouth, splitting headaches and stomach cramps...

So having noticed that the Sculptress is very similar to Maxitones Thermobol product, I checked out reviews of that first. People recommended starting with just 2 a day rather than 3 and having with food rather than an empty stomach.

I decided this was sensible going from my previous experiences.

Fantastic!! I did 2 the first day, one with breakfast one with lunch. I could tell I'd taken something and felt a bit odd, but nothing like as bad as anything else I'd tried. I kept on 2 a day for 4 days, and on the 4th day started to take them on an empty stomach and was still fine.

I've now upped it to the 3 a day dose, on an empty stomach if possible, but sometimes time constraints mean I take my first one with breakfast.

I'm now 6 days in, I've just posted my fastest 5k time and felt good doing it, my weight has dropped about 3lbs. I've been able to stick to a lowcalorie (1400-1600cals/day, I'm 54kgs) yet still have enough energy to work out. I've also incorporated the definity shake and definity bars to help with increased protein. Again, maximuscle recommend sculptress shakes and bars but they have CLA and are no use to me. The definity has been great though and tastes gorgeous.

I definitely feel like I've lost some size around my legs and stomach and feel accustomed to take the supplement. It does have a high caffeine content so if you don't have caffeine now youre likely to feel more side effects. I've just cut out the coffee whilst taking the capsules so that I don't end up a jittery mess!

I would recommend this product, especially if like me you've struggled to find something in the past to suit. Just ease yourself in with smaller doses.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2011 12:50 PM BST