Profile for JessMossman > Reviews

Content by JessMossman

JessMossman

AVEDA SMOOTH INFUSIONS STYLE PREP SMOOTHER (100ML)
AVEDA SMOOTH INFUSIONS STYLE PREP SMOOTHER (100ML)
Offered by Hairstyler shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 April 2015
Arrived very quickly and is a great product to use with a gentle gingery fresh fragrance.

One Year to a Writing Life: Twelve Lessons to Deepen Every Writer's Art and Craft
by Susan M. Tiberghien

5.0 out of 5 stars Monthly odyssey, 26 Jan. 2014
I am one month in and enjoying it tremendously. Orderly, gentle exercises and a wise voice guiding you help to structure some powerful writing experiences. I raced through the first month in a couple of days but am pacing myself so that the book can last a year.

Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon a Project, Read Samuel Johnson, and My Other Experiments in the Practice of Everyday Life
by Gretchen Rubin

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging, 26 Jan. 2014
Always considered, funny and thought-provoking, Gretchen Rubin seems to be a one-off in her blend of intellectual curiosity, practical sense, passion for her subject and honest soul-searching. At times, this seems an exhausting search for perfection in every day life where clutter is not tolerated (or continually sniffed out) but this is balanced out by Rubin's self-deprecation and self-awareness. I really enjoyed reading this and feel it is a book I will return to.

Belonging: Home Away from Home
Belonging: Home Away from Home
by Isabel Huggan

5.0 out of 5 stars Humane and absorbing, 26 Jan. 2014
A really thoughtful and varied read. It felt honest and engaging. I followed Isabel Huggan's journey round the globe with real interest and the story kept returning to the Cevennes in a satisfying and authentic way. The short stories at the end were a bonus.

Andreas Scholl - Wanderer
Andreas Scholl - Wanderer
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 26 Jan. 2014
I listen to it in the car on my journeys to and from work and it transform the spirit. The Schubert Ave Maria is beautiful.

Quadra canvas rucksack backpack Sahara
Quadra canvas rucksack backpack Sahara
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 13 Jun. 2013
I love this back pack - it is exactly as advertised. Comfortable, with understated style and simplicity. It also has plenty of room in it for kit for a day's walking expedition and even an overnight stay somewhere and yet it's neat at the same time. Am really glad I bought it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2013 7:07 PM BST

Surviving Schizophrenia: A Memoir
Surviving Schizophrenia: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 13 Jun. 2013
I read this in one sitting. A brave and moving story clearly told with honesty and humility and very little bitterness. It has given me a lot of pause for thought.

Hildegard of Bingen: A Feather on the Breath of God
Hildegard of Bingen: A Feather on the Breath of God

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 13 Jun. 2013
This is a truly special recording of music that inspires and transports. Bingen's work is simple and profound, I am very glad to have discovered it.

Fred and Edie (Sceptre 21's)
Fred and Edie (Sceptre 21's)
by Jill Dawson

3.0 out of 5 stars It grows on you, 1 July 2011
This for me got off to a slow start but the sense of claustrophobia and Edie's voice was well established from the beginning. I wasn't sure how interested I was going to be in the situation but by about half way through I was hooked in and felt real empathy for Edie. I liked the mixture of narrative devices and by the end felt there was huge poignancy and also a real sense of suspense created. The book certainly raises interesting issues about women's lives at that time.