Profile for vic > Reviews

Content by vic

vic "bookjunkie" (wales, uk)

Page: 1 | 2
The Well Of Lost Plots: Thursday Next Book 3
The Well Of Lost Plots: Thursday Next Book 3
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 8 May 2008
I really enjoyed TWOLP but not as much as the first two books in the series.However, I can't wait to read the next installment.

Lost in a Good Book: Thursday Next Book 2
Lost in a Good Book: Thursday Next Book 2

4.0 out of 5 stars well-worth reading, 1 May 2008
After reading 'The Eyre Affair' I was really looking forward to the next in the series 'Lost in a Good Book' but was slightly disappointed.It didn't excite me as much as the first plot.However, I still thoroughly enjoyed it and am half way through book 3 'Well of Lost Plots'.

The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next)
The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next)

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 24 April 2008
I loved this book if you want something to take you away from reality for a while this is the book especially if you like sci-fi novels terry pratchett etc.I couldnt put it down cant wait to read the others.

A Piece Of Cake
A Piece Of Cake
by Cupcake Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars a must read, 24 April 2008
This review is from: A Piece Of Cake (Paperback)
This book is a great story of surviving to the bitter end.What an amazing woman to have accomplished so much after what she had been through most people would have given up I think?!!

Damaged: The Heartbreaking True Story of a Forgotten Child
Damaged: The Heartbreaking True Story of a Forgotten Child
by Cathy Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars a page turner, 24 April 2008
I couldnt put this book down it was amazingly harrowing what this woman has done to help all the foster children is brilliant.I read it in a day.

Labyrinth
Labyrinth
by Kate Mosse

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best book i've read but not the worst, 30 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Labyrinth (Paperback)
I can't believe how many people thought this book was rubbish.I enjoyed it.Ok it wasn't the best book I've read but certainly wasn't the worst.The only thing that irritated me was having to check the occtane words at the back all the time and sometimes I did get a bit confused between the different time changes and what characters were who e.t.c..However, I found it an enjoyable read.

Blue Bird [DVD] [1940] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Blue Bird [DVD] [1940] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, Lady Oh!!!!, 15 Mar. 2008
I love this film but are disappointed that I had to go out and buy a multi region dvd player just to play this dvd cos you can't get it on region 2.But was well worth it.

The Crow : Special Edition [DVD] [1994]
The Crow : Special Edition [DVD] [1994]
Dvd ~ Brandon Lee
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Real love is forever, 15 Mar. 2008
This is one of my favourite films.James Obarr is a genius.It is a fantastic story about love and death.Watch the film then read the comic cos they are amazing.Brandon Lee you did us proud.RIP.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book magical, 15 Mar. 2008
I have only been in to Harry Potter for about 10 months, 2months before the final book was released.I heard they were great but never bothered to read then.BUT am I glad I did they are BRILL I read them all in a few months and would recommend them to anyone of all ages.This book was one of my favourites.I was gripped from the start to the very end.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3) Paperback
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3) Paperback
by J. K. Rowling

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 15 Mar. 2008
I got to say I enjoyed the film more than the book but you should still read them all.

Page: 1 | 2